Main Menu

Brisbane Discussion

Started by nrich102, April 05, 2013, 10:09:42 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bill Manspeaker

yeah it might increase your chances a bit but i just can't see it happening. good luck though, it'd be a great win

nrich102

Sam Michael!!!!!!! Watch him dominate ;)

strikes91

NO LUCK FOR LIONS

Brisbane can count itself unlucky it didn't pull off the upset of the season at Skilled Stadium.

The big question after the game was: Should Chappy have been pinged?

After a ball-up 12m out from the Lions goal with 20sec left and the visitors trailing by two points, Chapman dived on the loose ball and was immediately set upon by Lions forwards.

He didn't get it out and the ump quickly called for a bounce, although the play seemed to tick all the boxes for holding the ball.

Brisbane was on the wrong end of another questionable call late in the third quarter, when Tom Lonergan was awarded a mark despite coming over the back of Jordan Lisle, who clearly had two mitts around the Sherrin.

Travis Varcoe kicked a brilliant goal from the resulting play to give the Cats a six-point lead.

Read more: http://www.heraldsun.com.au/sport/afl/if-you-dont-mind-umpire-the-most-controversial-umpiring-calls-of-afl-round-22/story-fndv8os9-1226704162089#ixzz2dicyMLqi

McBurnie called both decisions i'm pretty sure. i'll be filthy if he umps another game in his life.

BB67th

That was holding the ball every single day of the week if it wasn't in the last minute of a game that would be decided by the decision.

Umpires never pay those ones because they don't have the guts to make an important decision to decide a game, because if they get it wrong, it could cost them.

That decision was an absolute disgrace. Chapman dives on it, drags it in, and umpire pays ball up after 1 second? Clearly the wrong decision.

Ringo

I had reservations we would be on the receiving end of some bad decisions when McBurnie was named as one of the umpires. We never win a free kick count when McBurnie umpires us and I think it dates back to our three peat,

I do not want McBurnie to ever umpire a Lions game again.

LF

Ringo McBurnie is a crap ump anyway I cringe when I see him named as ump for Eagles games

Ringo

I was trying to be polite Luv but could use very strong words to describe my opinion of him. He seems to be more interested in getting himself in the Media than making right decisions a real show pony.

LF

Lol
Don't be polite Ringo just let it out I really have the opinion that he doesn't like the non Vic clubs

Dudge

It's sad when " certain umps, can change results" through pressure or just blatant bad calls. Problem is, it happens  way to often. Just imagine (I realise it's impossible ) if every decision was correct, what a different premiership table we'd have

GoLions

Let's just say that McBurnie is extremely lucky I wasn't able to attend the match on Saturday. He would not have lasted long enough to see the sun go down if I was there.

strikes91

retiring at seasons end. good

Ringo

Quote from: GoLions16 on September 02, 2013, 07:49:11 PM
Let's just say that McBurnie is extremely lucky I wasn't able to attend the match on Saturday. He would not have lasted long enough to see the sun go down if I was there.
You would have had to stand in line  ;) ;)
many times at the Gabba I have wanted to pelt something at him as he left the field but restrained. A couple of times even think the fine would be worth it but being banned as well was the deterrent.

Rusty00

I've disliked McBurney for a long time (ask my wife  ;) ). I accept that umpries make mistakes however the thing that annoyed me about him was that he always wanted the game to be about him (like Razor Ray). Always paying soft frees just so everyone knew here was there.

Has Gieschen come out and said the Chapman decision was wrong?

strikes91

Brown and black to go around again. Fantastic news

Ricochet

Thats great news for you boys. To have those leaders on the park to develop your kids will be huge for another year