Main Menu

Brisbane Discussion

Started by nrich102, April 05, 2013, 10:09:42 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

CrowsFan

Why did Harwood get dropped? He's been playing well recently hasn't he? ???

Ringo

He has been playing CF - With the return of Golby though someone had to go.  Would have thought it would have been Yeo before Harwood though but this is Voss we are talking about. Docherty made the most of his opportunitiy last week and retained position. Leaving Golby, Harwood and Yeo fighting for 2 positions.

Nails

Yeo has been gun. Deserves his spot.

strikes91

nrich102

The story of the lions next year...

...Maybe we'll be good when Coles gets new ads :P

strikes91

any news on moloneys hammy ? hopefully black will be straight swap for him. clarke looks like he is getting fatigued, maybe rest him pushing merrett into defence and bring in lisle.

Ringo

No news on Moloneys Hammy or Hanleys hand yet.  Should be something in Bupa update tomorrow.

Agree with Clarke but maybe recall Michael who has been having some good games in reserves. Stephan Martin is also possibly available for selection as well. Lisle should also be given an extended run forward as well.

nrich102

Quote from: Ringo on July 29, 2013, 07:56:42 PM
No news on Moloneys Hammy or Hanleys hand yet.  Should be something in Bupa update tomorrow.

Agree with Clarke but maybe recall Michael who has been having some good games in reserves. Stephan Martin is also possibly available for selection as well. Lisle should also be given an extended run forward as well.
#BigBoySammytoReturn  ;) This kid is a gun.

nrich102

Surprised to see Jesse O get a game and Ash McGrath dropped.  No Sam Micheael though  :-[

Ringo

Michael is being developed in the 2's as a R/F looking to the Future. Thought Stefan Martin may have been in line as well. 
Based on reserves form I thought Karnezis may have been in front of O'Brien for the recall but both worthy. Both have been in the best 6 on ground for the last 6 weeks. Reserves had the bye last week as well.
McKeever is a bit of enigma for me plays well in the reserves but can not translate to the seniors when he gets his chance so maybe he will be on the trade table as well.

CrowsFan

Hey ringo, just thought you could let me know how Polec is going in the reserves? Has he been playing really badly and that is why he isn't getting a shot in the seniors? I know Brissy have a lot of mids, but you would think they would still give some opportunity to a very high draft pick who obviously has talent. Reckon they will trade him this year?

Ringo

CF he has not been playing too badly it is just that both O'Brien and Karnezis have been playing much better than him.  Bartlett may have also passed him as well. Mayes has cemented his spot as a mid as well.
Polec has only picked up one vote in the last 10 rounds as one of the best 6 on ground to give you an indication.  He has also been disadvantaged by established senior players back to the reserves as a result of Voss's revolving door. Players like Green, Bewick, Polec. Polkinghorne, Harwood etc taking points when playing in reserves.
I suspect he may be used as trade bait this year Quinny but hope he does not do a Henderson on us.

Rusty00

Quote from: Ringo on August 02, 2013, 09:50:05 AM
CF he has not been playing too badly it is just that both O'Brien and Karnezis have been playing much better than him.  Bartlett may have also passed him as well. Mayes has cemented his spot as a mid as well.
Polec has only picked up one vote in the last 10 rounds as one of the best 6 on ground to give you an indication.  He has also been disadvantaged by established senior players back to the reserves as a result of Voss's revolving door. Players like Green, Bewick, Polec. Polkinghorne, Harwood etc taking points when playing in reserves.
I suspect he may be used as trade bait this year Quinny but hope he does not do a Henderson on us.
There is every chance he could given he was a No. 5 draft pick so he obviously has some talent. Just need to make sure you get something good in return unlike the other player involved in the Henderson trade  :-X

strikes91

thoughts on brownys career ? not such a bad injury but will be long enough for the year, I personally thought he'd go around again. he should be all good come pre season start. I can't see browny ending his career with an injury... not in him

nrich102

I think he'll play another season. In his current form he could go on for as long as Fletcher ::) :P