Main Menu

Brisbane Discussion

Started by nrich102, April 05, 2013, 10:09:42 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Nige

Vossy's excuse or cover-up for a stupid decision. Sorry Michael, you flowered up.

LF

If Black was fatigued then maybe he should have retired because obviously he can't run out a full game and is taking a spot from another player.

Ringo

Quote from: nrich102 on June 16, 2013, 07:31:20 AM
http://www.lions.com.au/news/2013-06-15/voss-post-match

QuoteFATIGUE was the reason why Simon Black was subbed out of his club record-breaking 319th game during the third quarter, according to Lion's coach Michael Voss.

Black had accumulated 13 disposals and was the leading clearance player on the ground when he pulled on the red vest late in the third term with the Lions trailing by 23 points.

"He was battling physically," Voss said in the post-match press conference.

So maybe it wasn't Voss?
Sorry do not believe him

Can you trust someone who also makes this statement
"Voss said stability and continuity was the key for the Lions in their development in the second half of the year." with the revolving door policy we are seeing.

Regarding my observations on Black he does seem to be struggling a bit physically this year but he still manages to run the game out.  Maybe the larger Subiaco Oval was a factor. I would still rather have Black winning possessions than being on the sideline.  It was only after Black was subbed that Freo really burst the game open.  Not saying it cost us the game as the better side one but Black may have been the difference between a 20 point defeat and the 40 point final margin.

Ringo

http://www.couriermail.com.au/sport/afl/brisbane-lions-champion-simon-black-battles-mystery-bug-in-milestone-match/story-fnia3y5g-1226664434637

Looks like we may have been a bit too critical on Blacks replacing.

"The triple premiership hero admitted after the game to being confused and concerned by his condition over the past 10 days, especially the sleeplessness, and said he would consult the club doctor.

He said he did not ask to be subbed off but had told the runners he was battling and he had no objections when the decision was made by the coach.

"I don't think I've ever struggled that badly," he said.

"I didn't feel great coming into the game and to be honest I have been pretty flat for about 10 days."

Hope they find the cause as imagine how well he can play 100% fit.

nrich102

The Crowley tag probably didn't help

Ringo

Great to see Merrett and Brown back.

I know teams usually do not line up as announced but do not like Lester at FF and Hanley on the Ball.  Mayes and Hanley should swap imo. Golby in the centre also a bit of a surprise although he can interchange with Rich.

Looking at the team unless Moloney is not fully fitor Raines is not required to tag Selwood hard to see Yeo, Harwood and Docherty making final cut.

Mat0369

So Docherty is in, chances he is the sub again?

Ringo

Suspect so Matt unfortunately.

We have gone very heavy in defensive players with Yeo, Harwood and Dochers all being named so If Dochers does not start with vest he will probably be a candidate for red. Harwood may be given a run through the mids though.

Yet another selection stuff up by Voss. Bewick has been one of the better performers this year up forward.

Mat0369

Yeah I was surprised to see Bewick dropped, I have watched a fair few Lions games this season and he has been impressive. Normally you don't see the same player get a vest twice in a row but that theory has gone out the window this season. Docherty looks like the prime candidate unless it is Rich trying to manage his minutes.

strikes91

If I had my way Yeo would be the sub, green and bewick would be in there as well.

Nige

Okay, I'm not a Lions supporter, but Rohan Bewick is one of my favourite Lions players.

Time to utter expletives nice and loudly since I'm home alone.

What a cow.

BB67th

Are you actually kidding me? Why the flower would he drop Bewick? One of the players that has actually done decently this year.

I've kept my support with Voss for a while thinking he can turn things around if he can just get all the players on the park, but that's it. Sack him and get a decent coach, who actually knows what positions his players play best in, in there.

nrich102

Vest/Drop Bewick, we may as well de list Brown, Black, Merrett, Rockliff, Redden, Rich, Zorko and Hanley.

strikes91

Quote from: Mat0369 on June 21, 2013, 05:31:05 PM
Yeah I was surprised to see Bewick dropped, I have watched a fair few Lions games this season and he has been impressive. Normally you don't see the same player get a vest twice in a row but that theory has gone out the window this season. Docherty looks like the prime candidate unless it is Rich trying to manage his minutes.

realisticly there is 3 or 4 players that fit it well

Dochery, Yeo, Harwood and a very doubtful chance of Mayes

Ringo

Is Voss's stupidity with selections the reason Hanley and Rich have not re-signed yet,  Would hate to think so but Voss with his selections is doing nothing to inspire me.  Team selection has Lester forward and I can not remember Lester playing forward as yet but may be wrong as an example.

Regarding vest can not see Mayes getting the vest given the team that is named. He says tongue in cheek Harwood will probably get the vest as he was one of the better performers against Freo and Carlton the week before.