Started by Capper, May 21, 2012, 02:28:13 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Capper

Just had a look at my team and currently my teams bye structure looks like
Backs - 3xR11, 3xR12, 3xR13
Mids - 3xR11, 3xR12, 2xR13
Rucks - 2xR11, 1xR12, 1xR13
Fwds - 3xR11, 3xR12, 3xR13

If i kept this structure and tank R11 (3 donuts), then in R12 i can trade in a player with a R11 bye in to the Backs (Spurr->Waters), Mids (Magner->Thompson), and fwds (Smedts->Brownie) for a R12 bye. Then in R13 i can trade in a player with a R12 bye in to the Backs (Bower->Freo back), Mids (Horsley->Pendles), and fwds (Hall->Beams).

What do people think about this approach?? If i trade in the next 2 rounds i will have to bring in someone with the same bye round (ie Zorko to GWS player)

Ringo

Looking at something similar Tabs - Have too many Round 11 in forwards to get out by Round 10..

Capper

yeh and rather than have donuts over multiple rounds and maybe lose multiple games, tank R11 and then boost the team for R12 and 13.

Have to watch my trades before then though as the structure cant change

nathan11

I feel uneasy about using too many trades over byes so going to spread my donuts out its only the leagues with other ff people where I am struggling so should work out alright :)

Nyn

I plan to.at this stage eat 5 donuts in r11. I'm out of reach of overall and I'm playing the leagues dud in r11

Capper

ok new thought!!! I currently have Swan and Goodes in my lienup which may throw my plans into chaos.

Do i trade Goodes to Beams and Swan to Pendles in the next 2 weeks and then trade Goodes and Swan in for Rookies after the byes???

These 2 trades plus my 6 trades over the byes takes me to 8 trades left. But my team will be near full strength.

I am thinking that i should pass on getting Zorko in this week

ben_020285

Tanking round 11 sounds like a good idea for your team. I guess the only other thing to consider is that Smedts and Hall may not have fattened up enough to trade out during round 12 and round 13 respectively so you'll have to do the maths now to work out whether you'll be able to upgrade them both to prems.

Capper

i am hoping Hall comes back this week and i dont think i will be able to get any more money out of smedts.

UI keep changing my mind about who to trade but i am still tanking R11

youl_R_FCK

I'm thinking the more you have out in round 11 means the more Lilkely you are to be able to field a whole side in round 12-13, maybe with out doing any trades so it might not hurt your over all ranking as much as we think. I'm sitting 1900 and and I'm not going to win it and I'm a good shot at a big cash league. But think I can tank round 11 and still maybe finish top 5-10,000

Capper

well it now looks like i am really going to tank R11.

With Lake, Hargrave, Delaney, McDonald, Boyd, Cox, Jenkins, Porplyzia, Treloar, Adams, Zorko all having the R11 bye i now have Pendles, Goodes injured, maybe Shaw and Swan will play, Spur wasnt named last week, Mummy, Smeldts, Hall and Redden just came in on the weekend

Hopefully Bower plays otherwise i am looking at 13 players (including Mummy, Smeldts, Hall and Redden) playing

Capper

it has now been confirmed

Lake, Hargrave, Delaney, McDonald, Boyd, Cox, Jenkins, Porplyzia, Treloar, Adams, Zorko all have the R11 bye and now Pendles, Goodes, Spurr, Shaw, Bower, Smedts, Horsley are out with injuries, are rested or omitted from their teams.

So i will have 12 players if Redden plays.