Help the Magic Men out

Started by mzunguman, May 23, 2016, 09:17:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mzunguman

Option 1: Brown > Hopper + DBJ > Simmo/Rance/Bartel/Boyd (leaves 2 on field rookies in def)
OR
Option 2: DBJ > Williams + Brown > Neale/Coniglio/Treloar (completes mids) 
OR
Option 3: DBJ > Williams + Brown > Zerrett (leaves 1 on field rookie in FD)

Backs: Shaw, Docherty, Laird, Adams, DBJ, Hartley, [Ruggles, Brand]
Mids: Pendles, Danger, Hanners, Parker, Mitchell, Ablett, Libba, Kerridge [Smith, Menadue, Dunkley]
Rucks: Goldy, NicNat [Grimley]
Fwds: Zorko, Dahl, Martin, Hall, Petracca, Brown, [Obrien, Milera]
Got $135k in the bank

HappyDEZ

Decent side Mzungu. Nailed the set & forget SC ruck combo. I have Stef to worry about especially if Trent West is named again. Anyway maybe out Adams, shift Brown to DEF & bring in Zerrett & then Menadue to Hopper. Leaves 8 premo to decent mids & 6 premo to decent forwards with Hopper to cover any lost mid or to cover kerridge if he is required to cover a forward out. Should just scrape that in by my calculations. That would be 3 solid lines with some work to do mainly in DEF. McVeigh should be as cheap as a def gets for a proven high 90's ave. starting about round 11.

mzunguman

Thanks for the feedback Dez! I don't have a huge amount of faith in def premos hence why I've gone a little lighter there, can't justify spending over 550k for simmo just yet especially with his bye! I'm thinking to finish off the mids and forwards then attack def later on. Did get pretty lucky with the rucks as well  ::)

HappyDEZ

No worries Muzungu. However you go about it I think Zerrett is the best premo value atm. Lowish BE (78) & I heard Worsfold on the weekend say something along the lines of Zac was a good kid & he likes the way he is going about it & even though he is still a little inexperienced he will continue to get pure mid time. Just looking at your FWDs you have the 4 leading SC averages (Zerrett is 5th & Joey 6th) so well done there too. Good Luck with this weeks trades & the rest of the season.

PICCOLLO

Hey Zungu guy,

What about option 2 but get Priddis?

If set on those three, im really like Coniglio atm. Neale the safer bet however.

mzunguman

Quote from: PICCOLLO on May 25, 2016, 05:41:56 PM
Hey Zungu guy,

What about option 2 but get Priddis?

If set on those three, im really like Coniglio atm. Neale the safer bet however.

Yeah I've looked at Priddis, as long as he gets his DE back up he'll be great! I think I'm leaning towards Gray though! Asides from his two injury games of 70odd he's been going at 110+! Few 30k more than Priddis? Thoughts??

The more I think about it the more I think I'd be paying overs for Neale?? Leaning more towards Coniglio out of those three now, definetly looks to be having a break out year!

PICCOLLO

Coniglio is a gun but does have plenty of competition for the points in a very good side.

Lachie Neale is priced a bit high but not much competition for the points.

Gray vs Priddis is a tough call.

Id go Priddis, only because of his potential to get scaled up in those heavy beatings the Eagles inflict on minnows in the west.

mzunguman

Quote from: PICCOLLO on May 25, 2016, 09:25:20 PM
Coniglio is a gun but does have plenty of competition for the points in a very good side.

Lachie Neale is priced a bit high but not much competition for the points.

Gray vs Priddis is a tough call.

Id go Priddis, only because of his potential to get scaled up in those heavy beatings the Eagles inflict on minnows in the west.

Thanks for all the insight Piccollo... I've definetly got plenty to consider come Friday!! Will post on here what I end up going with :)

geoffmack

I worry about Williams js.

U gotta good team going.

DBJ out

Brown back. Wingard in

PowerBug

I believe, just from looking at the team briefly, that the following works:
Menadue OUT, Mathieson IN
DBJ OUT, Brown BACK, Kerridge FWD, Gray/Priddis IN

Obviously this means you are taking a rookie early. I'm no Brisbane expert but the people that are reckon he's in the team to stay.

I'm a fan of Mitch Brown I think that if you want to avoid Mathieson and don't rate Bailey Williams just make the one DBJ - > Hopper trade this week.

mzunguman

Quote from: PowerBug on May 26, 2016, 09:45:23 PM
I believe, just from looking at the team briefly, that the following works:
Menadue OUT, Mathieson IN
DBJ OUT, Brown BACK, Kerridge FWD, Gray/Priddis IN

Obviously this means you are taking a rookie early. I'm no Brisbane expert but the people that are reckon he's in the team to stay.

I'm a fan of Mitch Brown I think that if you want to avoid Mathieson and don't rate Bailey Williams just make the one DBJ - > Hopper trade this week.

thanks PowerBug.... i think i do want to see one more week of matheison just to be completely sold on him, and i can see one more week of Priddis and Gray to decide on which one i want! i dont mind brown either, asides from his shocker 32 he's done pretty admirably and he'll keep getting games which could be good bench cover. I like Collins from Freo so he could be a target down back as well!

Think the one trade this week will be DBJ > Hopper via DPP and leave the upgrades for next week