Money’s Pre-Season

Started by Money, January 05, 2018, 04:15:13 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Money

It looked mighty strange coming into this thread and not seeing any teams. May as well start her off with my team so far.

Squids Reborn 2018

Def: E.Yeo, M.Hibberd, J.Lloyd, L.McDonald, M.Hibberd, C.O'Shea (H.Goddard, L.Keeffe)
Mid: T.Mitchell, Z.Merrett, J.Kelly, D.Beams, B.Crouch, A.Brayshaw, H.Clark, H.Wigg (J.Smith, N.Freeman)
Ruc: M.Gawn, N.Naitanui (T.Jeffries, B.Frampton)
Fwd: M.Barlow, D.Smith, R.Gray, H.Bennell, L.Ryan, D.Venables (P.Ahern, W.Rioli)

Cash: $19,000

JANUARY THOUGHTS:

Def: Looking like it’ll be back to the old ways of being happy with 90-95 averages. Can’t find many who I personally believe will average more than 100 (possibly Yeo or Laird). A couple rooks floating around but not many, and definitely not many who will be able to influence our scores each week. 4 premos, could always go down to 3 if solid rooks pop up
Mid: Expensive, so many 110+ options who could bang or bust. Think 2 out of Titch, Merrett or Danger is necessary, Kelly could become Zorko, Martin or Adams, looking for one of them to really increase their 2017 average. Kelly looks the goods right now (January) Rooks will pop up as usual. Wigg placeholder
Ruck: Easiest spot to fill. Next
Fwd: Value, Unknowns, Chaos. Looking for any cheap option I can find. No premos standing out (because their are none). Will aim to get players who can increase their average dramatically. Heeney, Greene and Billings potential candidates for me

Peter

Like Billings with his early draw to make points.

Is NN relevant for AF - I am going with Kruezer if I can afford.

Like the 4 semi premium backs

Look ar Round 1 and 2 fixture for easier games eg Crows at Docklands vs Essendon will be tough

Football Factory

Quote from: Peter on January 05, 2018, 07:43:34 AM
Like Billings with his early draw to make points.

Is NN relevant for AF - I am going with Kruezer if I can afford.

Like the 4 semi premium backs

Look ar Round 1 and 2 fixture for easier games eg Crows at Docklands vs Essendon will be tough

I reckon NN is more relevant in AF than RDT .. AF is harder to make a team price wise therefore NN is tempting because of his price. Lobb should have DPP R/F by round 6 and then you will be able to cover NN's outs, will round 6 be early enough though? Can't see WC taking too many risks with NN, i am not sure if i will go with him, wait n see for me at the moment.

Money

Thanks for the thoughts guys, I think if NN is on the park come R1 he’ll do enough to warrant R2. Will definitely rise in price at minimum.

Football Factory

Ay Money, do you have an NBA Sportsdeck team called "Money Team"

If so we are playing in the Eliminator this week  :-X

Money

Quote from: Football Factory on January 30, 2018, 09:56:05 AM
Ay Money, do you have an NBA Sportsdeck team called "Money Team"

If so we are playing in the Eliminator this week  :-X

Nah not me mate, impostor by the looks of things  ;)

WhatMate

Money

Quote from: WhatMate on January 31, 2018, 06:02:14 PM
Doesnt work mate  :-X

Ahhhh dammit, worked on the preview, gonna have to give it another crack

Thunderbolts

Quote from: Money on February 01, 2018, 01:40:12 AM
Quote from: WhatMate on January 31, 2018, 06:02:14 PM
Doesnt work mate  :-X

Ahhhh dammit, worked on the preview, gonna have to give it another crack

If photobucket doesn't want to work, tinypic.com still does  8)

Money

Hopefully this works lads, this is what I've come up with. Biggest challenge was trying to find cash to upgrade Nic Nat

Cash: $48,000

Mr.Craig

Don't mind that team, got some decent PODs. You'd want a solid Plan B with Lobb and Bennell.

Thunderbolts

Quote from: Mr.Craig on February 16, 2018, 03:04:39 AM
Don't mind that team, got some decent PODs. You'd want a solid Plan B with Lobb and Bennell.

Bennell is not out, injured at Peel so will need to change. Heard on DT Talk chat is that Rayner is not upto scratch afl fitness etc so will be in/out

Money

Cher’s boys, I’d say both of those players would be relatively easy fixes. Playing rookies likely to take their spot

Money

Quite a few changes from my last team.

Cash: $7,000

jvalles69

Like it, midfield looks a bit similar to mine.  Nice POD's, now just have to sit back and wait for round 1 teams!  ::)