Main Menu

EXV: Discussion

Started by Vinny, September 15, 2014, 10:58:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Holz

Quote from: LF on March 21, 2017, 07:25:20 PM
Quote from: Rids on March 21, 2017, 07:21:40 PM
Is there going to be a round 1 team thread up soon?

We usually don't start at round 1
Correct we miss the first two

Rids

Quote from: Holz on March 21, 2017, 07:51:08 PM
Quote from: LF on March 21, 2017, 07:25:20 PM
Quote from: Rids on March 21, 2017, 07:21:40 PM
Is there going to be a round 1 team thread up soon?

We usually don't start at round 1
Correct we miss the first two

This is outstanding news to me! Woohoo. 1 less team to do  8)

Ziplock

Did we get rid of the rookie list this year?

Holz

Quote from: Ziplock on April 07, 2017, 06:08:36 PM
Did we get rid of the rookie list this year?

Yes we did

Found it just annoyed people for no gain.

Spite

So Gawn out for 10 weeks...don't have ruck dept.

Pittard and Rampe out leave me struggling and Coniglio out hurts as well.

Not sure how I'm going to pull out a finals appearance this season :/

LaHug

Maybe we should have trades being allowed during the season? Poor Spite :(

Holz

Quote from: LaHug on April 12, 2017, 10:20:19 AM
Maybe we should have trades being allowed during the season? Poor Spite :(

I did talk about a mid season trade period. But that was generally unpopular.

its abit unlucky for spite as he has decent back up rucks in Longer English Stanley. I reckon Stanley could come back and help save him.

This is why though I always handcuff my rucks.

Goldy Preuss Daw ill always have a ruck.

Jake Spencer did go undrafted just unlucky for spite he didnt have any rookie picks or it would have been good to pick him up.

nrich102

I'd be keen to have a 1 week trade period in the middle of the year. Would also be keen to have a mid season positional changes.

LaHug

Quote from: nrich102 on April 12, 2017, 11:07:58 AM
I'd be keen to have a 1 week trade period in the middle of the year. Would also be keen to have a mid season positional changes.

Yeah, I really like this. I think we should change with AF when they change. Brings a bit more spice into the comp.

Nige

Really not a fan of a midseason trade period but I'm fine with positional changes, though I believe we technically follow DT and not AF.

LaHug

If people like positional changes, I'd happily vote on it right now. I don't think it'll affect my team in the slightest and probably just helps whoever has Dusty but I think it has merit. Of course, I understand if people pushed back and said they wanted the change but not until next season.

Holz

Quote from: LaHug on April 12, 2017, 11:37:17 AM
Quote from: nrich102 on April 12, 2017, 11:07:58 AM

Yeah, I really like this. I think we should change with AF when they change. Brings a bit more spice into the comp.

ill put it to a vote im not very keen for it to be honest but ill see what people think. Ill put a vote up for this season and to introduce next season.

I reckon AF doesnt get it right at all especially when they do it early in the season. So that my big reason against it. Half the mids seem to get gifted some form of DPP, reckon it makes the comp way too unbalanced and totally advantages teams with bulk mids.

its also a pretty big advantage where players dont lose status so what im saying in that is a F who is now a defender becomes a F/D rather then just a D.

im looking at a few things instead.

1. Mid Season 1 week trade period during the byes
2. Mid Season Rookie Draft (1 round) everyone has option to pick up 1 player. The worry is this dilutes rookie value for next year.

LaHug

Quote from: Holz on April 12, 2017, 11:54:56 AM
2. Mid Season Rookie Draft (1 round) everyone has option to pick up 1 player. The worry is this dilutes rookie value for next year.

Can we wait until the Bison are good again to do this?

Holz

Quote from: LaHug on April 12, 2017, 12:02:57 PM
Quote from: Holz on April 12, 2017, 11:54:56 AM

Can we wait until the Bison are good again to do this?

well the draft would be in order of postion on the ladder at that point. So it gives the weaker teams a leg up in this period and then they also get first pick at the end of the year so actually  might help the weaker teams.

You have treloar the guy is a beast. he will win you games alone. I actually regret rocky, Treloar is better

Holz

Already a few stand out rookie picks

Andy Otten
James Parsons
Jake Spencer
Dan Houston
Daniel Butler
Sam Reid (Syd)
Darcy Cameron

but not enough at this point.