EXV: Svalbard Valkyries

Started by Ziplock, November 19, 2011, 04:34:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ziplock

The Valkyries would like to announce the signing of a new assistant coach, who has chosen to join us, because we, clearly, have the best list.

Welcome to the A team Binga!

Binga

Quote from: Ziplock on April 22, 2012, 12:38:14 AM
The Valkyries would like to announce the signing of a new assistant coach, who has chosen to join us, because we, clearly, have the best list.

Welcome to the A team Binga!

"chosen"  More like you begged me :P

Happy to be here, the Vatican Valkyries have a strong list and I look forward to my time at the club.

PowerBug

Ahh yes, you're the one with 4 rookie rucks ;) While the head coach was the person who was gonna do that until the final week.

Ziplock

and who's the one who didn't need to waste a trade on the rucks this week :P

PowerBug

Quote from: Ziplock on April 22, 2012, 10:14:41 PM
you. :'(

I like trading :P At least i got it haha, could've been worse.

Binga

Quote from: PowerBug on April 22, 2012, 10:22:21 PM
Quote from: Ziplock on April 22, 2012, 10:14:41 PM
you. :'(

I like trading :P At least i got it haha, could've been worse.

Backfired on me this week, traded redden for BLOODY CORDY WHEN I KNEW HE WOULD GET RED VESTED!! Bad trade to avoid a zero when I was playing a league match i never stood a chance of winning. Heavy trading this week.

Ziplock

Quote from: Ziplock on November 19, 2011, 04:37:09 PM
Games played:
Hanley: 6
Jackson Trengove: 6
Jacobs: 6
Murphy: 6
Jack Trengove: 6
Gaff: 6
Ward: 6
Bastinac: 6
Christensen: 6
Hawkins: 6
Grimes: 5
Goodes: 5
Jack Riewoldt: 5
Mcevoy: 5
Ziebell: 4
Roughead: 3
Grant: 3
Folau: 1
Stephensen: 1
Bewick: 1

Yet to debut:
Connors: 0
Frost: 0
Toy: 0
Bews: 0
Laird: 0
Haynes: 0
Stevens: 0
Butcher: 0
Dowdell: 0
Veszpremi: 0
Gumbleton: 0
Dell'olio: 0
Dick: 0

Captained:
Murphy: 3
Ziebell: 1
Gaff: 1
Ward: 1
Goodes: 1

BOG:
Round 1: 3 Hanley, 2 Murphy, 1 Ward
Round 2: 3 Bastinac, 2 Hawkins, 1 Gaff
Round 3: 3 Ziebell, 2 Murphy, 1 Ward
Round 4: 3 Christensen, 2 Murphy, 1 Hanley
Round 5: 3 Grimes, 2 Murphy, 1 Christensen
Round 6: 3 Goodes, 2 Jacobs, 1 Hawkins

Current Tally:
Murphy: 8
Hanley: 4
Christensen: 4
Bastinac: 3
Hawkins: 3
ZIebell: 3
Grimes: 3
Goodes: 3
Jacobs: 2
Ward: 2
Gaff: 1

as it can be seen from this, the Valkyries have a very strong body of core players, with 10 players having participated in every game, with Marc Murphy having lead the squad a majority of the time, and currently dominating in the best and fairest competition. With both  Mcevoy and Goodes out for some time, some of the fringe players will be asked to step up, namely Jordan Roughead, who will have to carry the ruck for some time.

Doyle

Ziplock

yeah, might be a little less, considering how much of a machine goodes is, but he's out for some time :(

Ziplock

Horror round of injuries striking the Valkyries.

With several players entering the season already injured, such as Dick, Gumbleton, Armstrong, our depth was cut quite short.

Goodes and Mcevoy out with LTIs hurt, but hurting almost equally are Christensen and Veszpremi's injuries, leaving our forward line incredibly depleted, along with number two ruck Roughead also going down.

so for round 8, with only 4 fit forward, the key phrase is

'Stand up Folau'

show the competition why you were recruited. Dominate for your club, or be dominated.

The followers of this sport don't expect much- just 3 votes for BOG and a bag of goals to boot.

elephants

Still over 6 months out from the opening of the Euro's 15 transfer window there are numerous whispers that Valkyrie Andrew Gaff is seeking a switch to the Bashers in which his very good mate 'elephants' owns.
It is also highly likely that Pearce Hanley will attract interest due to his Belgian/Irish background...

;D

Ziplock

unfortunately, the valkyries have been rocked by injury once again, this time with captain Marc Murphy going down for months.

we're looking forward to 2013, considering we've copped injuries to goodes, mcevoy, christensen, murphy as well as 2nd ruckman roughead.

with murphy out for up to three months it's really left a void in the best and fairest, just waiting to be filled... with defenders Jack Grimes and Pearce Hanley stepping up in an attempt to claim the inaugrual award.

Our future leader Gaff is quite adament that he is very happy to stay part of the Valkyries and help, in the future, lead out club to many victories.

elephants

Bashers CEO Mr Elephants has let the Valkyries chairman Ziplock know that if Gaff or Hanley look surplace to requirements they're welcomed with open arms to Belguim. They will of course have their price tags as they are very solid players!

Ziplock

There are very few players that the valkyries see as being able to measure up with Hanley and Gaffs potential and current output.

In the defender line we'd probably only be even considering heppell/ deledio and for the midfield probably only rockliff/ pendles :P

The boys are quite happy where they are currently :P

elephants

Quote from: Ziplock on May 23, 2012, 02:56:24 PM
There are very few players that the valkyries see as being able to measure up with Hanley and Gaffs potential and current output.

In the defender line we'd probably only be even considering heppell/ deledio and for the midfield probably only rockliff/ pendles :P

The boys are quite happy where they are currently :P

Hahahaha alright then. Good to see you rate your players highly :)