FANTASY ADVICE for anyone who wants to improve their team-GUARANTEED 8)

Started by Leica Tsunami, June 02, 2009, 03:09:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

hibbo

I wonder if the great Leica Tsunami will answer our questions?

footycool

RESCUE MY FWD LINE:

(HAW)    16. ROUGHEAD, Jarryd
(HAW)    17. FRANKLIN, Lance
(PTA)    18. MOTLOP, Daniel
(ESS)    19. DAVEY, Alwyn
(RIC)    20. NAHAS, Robin
(ESS)    21. SKIPWORTH, Hayden
(COL)    22. SIDEBOTTOM, Steele

Emergency

(WBD)    29. HAHN, Mitch
(HAW)    30. SCHOENMAKERS, Ryan

See Nahas and Sidebottom as cash cows and buddy and roughy need to get out

NOTE: will have 8 trades when i get onto project FWD line

hibbo

Quote from: footycool on June 04, 2009, 09:09:45 AM
RESCUE MY FWD LINE:

Emergency

(WBD)    29. HAHN, Mitch

Davey -> Ballantyne then Motlop -> Premium
Skippy & Hahn might have to become a keepers for u as u only have 8 trades. Buddy and Roughie both keepers, so that makes 4 + premium = 5. Then work to upgrade either Nahas or Sidey later on...

footycool

FIRESWORD1

Quote from: FIRESWORD1 on June 04, 2009, 05:08:37 AM
Quote from: FIRESWORD1 on June 03, 2009, 07:17:38 AM
i need help THIS IS MY BACK LINE any advice/ should i trade cornes? i have 16 trades   

1. Goddard, B
Avg: 107.5Score: 132$435,000

2. Cornes, C
Avg: 93.3Score: 48$347,400

3. Adcock, J
Avg: 88.6Score: 130$351,800

4. Mundy, D
Avg: 83.8Score: 113$307,600

5. Doughty, M
Avg: 82.3Score: 102$341,100

6. Murphy, T
Avg: 63.9Score: 79$272,600

7. Rance, A
Avg: 61.7Score: 0$200,000

8. Cheney, K
Avg: 68.3Score: 0$164,600

9. O'Keefe, D
Avg: 0.0Score: 0$86,600

hibbo

Quote from: footycool on June 04, 2009, 09:44:34 AM
thxn hibbo, when i ballantine playin?

Dunno, but i heard he kicked 5 goals in the WAFL, so shouldn't be too far away. I'd take a risk and get him this week even if not named, you've got the cover just incase and the sooner u get some guns in your forward line the better!

footycool

nah, in 2 weeks as gettin muston this week and nxt week upgrading tuck to a premium (Montagna)

footycool

hibbo

Quote from: footycool on June 04, 2009, 10:34:52 AM
could also get watts depending on form

Watts has an inflated rookie price and will net u ~80K less then Ballantyne when swapping a player. Cross Watts off your list as he will struggle to string games together.

footycool

yeah, could also trdae hahn or skippy for ballantine? Even if he averages 50+ at least it gets me a premium that i desprately need

Leica Tsunami

think i might've created a monster here...instead of answering each person's questions i'll attempt to address the consensus of problems and deal with it that way...
These are rules that i abide by:
When assessing keeping player or trading them, think about your reasons for trading them...Are you trading out a proven performer/ ie. someone who is considered elite in scoring for their respective position...I never would trade out a player who is elite ie. Luke Hodge if he is coming back at some stage, whole reason you have a dreamteam is to structure around these elite players, providing of course that he is not out for the season through injury...
One exception that I have is Chad cornes, he is a senior player who is in a team that is underperforming, and therefore maybe shutdown due to team losing touch of the finals picture, team may adopt the youth policy...
A lot of dreamteams are considering picking up Beau Muston, I think that he is a a high reward, little risk acquisition, he may get injured yes, but if he is to play a few games he will still provide at least 100k profit for you to invest trading an upgrade of one of your rookies who may peak in the next few weeks like a Daniel rich or jack Ziebell to an elite player to solidify your team...On the flipside I would only not recommend trading for muston if your running out of trades ie. 4 or less...
These are some players who are great pickups this week:
Scott Thompson Midfielder
Kane Cornes Midfielder
David Mundy Back
Beau Muston Midfielder
Lance Franklin Forward
Brett Deledio Forward

Next Week's good pickup:
Alan Didak(Will drop in value after this week therefore good value)

There are more, but these are trusted dreamteam performers who are underpriced to what they will perform scorewise...Also, if you are to consider picking up a Beau muston or any other cash cow, understnd that thats the purpose your picking them up for, so that then you can trade them in for a proven elite player, unless you have to make do, due to limited trades...
RULES TO A SUCCESSFUL TEAM
1. Try not to side trade players of simliar value for the sake of making a trade
2. Dont trade an elite player unless he is out for longer than say a month...
3. When trading for cash cows, consider a team's motivation to play a rookie player, is the team the player plays for in finals contention? If the team is not, then these are often good cash cows...
4. Try not to pay top value for an elite player, wait for a bargain ie. player gets a minor injury, price goes down, wait for the third game the player plays then buy them, you will achieve getting them at bottom price...
5. If you have enough cashcows ie rookie, 2nd year players, dont get more of them, you should look to trade them out for elite ones...

Well I hope that helps the majority, more experienced players will already know this, but hope this helps the less experienced and most of all good luck and have fun!!!  ;)

Prospector_1

Leica Tsunami

Watts will be ok to pickup, but dont get sucked in to thinking because he's the number one pick he will score heaps, not true...He is not AFL ready as yet, 17 years old I think, he may surprise me, however there are better cash cows out there...he will be good in a season or two, but he will need a preseason or two to get some bulk and conditioning into him before you start seeing the results...

FIRESWORD1

Quote from: FIRESWORD1 on June 03, 2009, 07:17:38 AM
THIS IS MY BACK LINE any advice/ should i trade cornes? i have 16 trades   

1. Goddard, B
Avg: 107.5Score: 132$435,000

2. Cornes, C
Avg: 93.3Score: 48$347,400

3. Adcock, J
Avg: 88.6Score: 130$351,800

4. Mundy, D
Avg: 83.8Score: 113$307,600

5. Doughty, M
Avg: 82.3Score: 102$341,100

6. Murphy, T
Avg: 63.9Score: 79$272,600

7. Rance, A
Avg: 61.7Score: 0$200,000

8. Cheney, K
Avg: 68.3Score: 0$164,600

9. O'Keefe, D
Avg: 0.0Score: 0$86,600
any advice

Leica Tsunami

Quote from: footycool on June 04, 2009, 09:09:45 AM
RESCUE MY FWD LINE:

Emergency

(WBD)    29. HAHN, Mitch

hibbo's got good advice, however if you have 8 trades you need to be careful...always alow 3 or four trades for major injuries until the finals when you can use the last of your trades...My advice would be now or next week is a good time to trade Nahas, im assuming you dont have leftover cash so Hibbo's advice is pretty spot on, roughy and franklin need to stay there...skipworth will be in and out of the team IMO, he isnt reliable either so I would look to be upgrading him too, ie a didak next week when he comes down in price a bit more...Balantyne as Hibbo said looks like a good option this week in for Nahas, then next week trade in Skipworth for didak...your next move will be to trade in sidebottom in a few weeks once he peaks in price, as he also will be in and out of the side, using the same principle, trade him in for an elite forward who has dropped in value, and if you need extra cash well then you could maybe trade in Motlop or Hahn its up to you on that one...Sorry for the late reply, Im not always on here mate :)