Memph's Team - Help Appreciated

Started by Memphistopheles, April 15, 2016, 12:44:56 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Memphistopheles

Hi everyone,

I've never really done well at SuperCoach before having only started playing it a couple of seasons ago (this is my third attempt).

However, I had a monster week last week with a 2,551 (ranked 42 for the week) and find myself ranked 3,805th out of 210,798 - probably my highest ever ranking.

So I'd like to keep up the good work and was hoping some of the nice folks at FanFooty could help me suggest what to do from here.

This is my current team. I have 26 trades left having made some fix-up moves in the first two weeks.

I do have $189,500 in the bank as well.

Memphistopheles

What I was thinking of doing this week is to use one trade and that spare cash to upgrade Jesse Lonergan to Bachar Houli (I was going to go to Gibson but, then he wasn't named).

Is this a wise move or not? Should I keep that trade up my sleeve or should I try and go for scoring as many points as possible now I'm off to a flying start?

Also is there any other moves you would make? I want to get Nat Fyfe in as soon as possible (potentially for Dylan Shiel) but, I think that he will get tagged by Ben Jacobs this week so might drop in price some more.

AaronKirk

You have burned through a few trades early.

Lonergan v Brisbane should be able to improve. I would hold for 1 more week at least.

Let the cash cows moo for another week. If I were you I would hold onto your trades this week.

There are no sensible options I can see to make the team better for the long haul.

Bring Ruggles in next week for a rookie and have more cash then to make an upgrade.

Ringo

I would sit as you have used 4 trades already.  As AK says lonergan should maintain his scoring against Brisbane and not drop or even a slight gain.

You have no real issues at this point in time so sit and allow rookies to continue to moo with Mills being the one to probably go first.

Memphistopheles

Thanks guys.

I will sit on my hands this week then and re-assess next week.

I have burned through trades but as I said they were fix-it trades (Traded out inj/dropped Rocky/Brouch/Simpkin for Parker/Parish/BKen and for some reason I started without Kerridge so wanted to get him in).

geoffmack

Nice team.

No trade this week.

Awesome start to the season. Good luck.

Memphistopheles

Okay guys - same team (no trades last week). Only scored 2018 last week but given I had my highest scoring player (Goldy) as captain I couldn't have done much better.

What's the plan this week?

I'm thinking a downgrade of Milera to Ruggles/Byrne/J Wagner or Byrne-Jones via swapping Brown or McDonald-Tipungwuti up forward.

Which rookie def would you take and why? Also what would be the next best move. Double downgrade with Papley to one of those defenders or upgrading someone to a premium (Lonergan to Gibson/Houli/Rance).

Or don't do a second trade?

I need to get Fyfe in at some point as well. Wondering if it's worth just biting the bullet early and getting on him for say Duncan.

Ringo

I would do Papley before Milera - Milera is not playing and will not lose cash Has a positive B/e which he should achieve when he comes back if you do not get rid of him next week.

So if it were my team I would go Papley to Byrne Jones - Think he has the highest ceiling of the 4 rookiies and would move Brown forward as he will sit on your bench.

Would be in 2 minds whether to downgrade or upgrade Lonergan.  If you want Fyfe then I would downgrade to Byrne or Ruggles.  Both have questionable JS but should get price rises out of them,  Should leave you with a sizeable war chest of around 500k for upgrades.

Duncan has an achievable B/e this week so should rise in value. The converse argument is Fyfe has Carlton this week and could go large.  So something you need to sort for yourself.  Bear in mind to get Fyfe you will be using most cash so would need to start building again and the defenders would have had first price rise.  Dilemmas for us all.

Memphistopheles

Quote from: Ringo on April 19, 2016, 05:53:18 PM
I would do Papley before Milera - Milera is not playing and will not lose cash Has a positive B/e which he should achieve when he comes back if you do not get rid of him next week.

So if it were my team I would go Papley to Byrne Jones - Think he has the highest ceiling of the 4 rookiies and would move Brown forward as he will sit on your bench.

Would be in 2 minds whether to downgrade or upgrade Lonergan.  If you want Fyfe then I would downgrade to Byrne or Ruggles.  Both have questionable JS but should get price rises out of them,  Should leave you with a sizeable war chest of around 500k for upgrades.

Duncan has an achievable B/e this week so should rise in value. The converse argument is Fyfe has Carlton this week and could go large.  So something you need to sort for yourself.  Bear in mind to get Fyfe you will be using most cash so would need to start building again and the defenders would have had first price rise.  Dilemmas for us all.

Thanks mate.

You make a good point on Milera. He's not losing cash this week at least so I don't need to trade him. Will look to move on Papley instead.

With regards to Fyfe there are a couple of options but, I think the question that needs to be answered is this - who do I want to get him in for?

Should I go early and get him in now for Duncan (or even Shiel who's underperforming for what I want)?

• Pros: Get him in this week against Carlton and gain on points scored.
  • Cons: Probably costing myself an extra trade to complete my team. Also miss another cash generating rookie this week.

Or should I get him in for one of Parish or Mills (or if I can stretch the budget Menadue).

• Pros: One less trade used. It's a proper upgrade from a rookie to a premium
  • Cons: Fall behind in points and risk not getting him if he goes bananas and his price is out of reach. Also use up all of the war chest on getting him in next week

geoffmack

Duble down with pap/lonergan for DBJ n Byrne/Wagner.

Equals big war chest.

Next week Menadue is nearly ready to dump. Could be straight swap for Fyfe.

Memphistopheles

Thanks for the tips guys.

I've just realised though that if I work the dpp trades I can afford Papley--->Ruggles (can't get any of the other def rookies) and then Lonergan--->Fyfe.

I think that might be the winning move.

Will VC Parker or Goldy and then give Fyfe the C if he doesn't pump out a suitable score.

Speaking of which - what's a good VC score to loophole (I have Goetz for the loophole to use most weeks) in SuperCoach? I usually stick with a score of 110+ in RDT/AFL Fantasy but, in SC that doesn't seem like enough.

Ringo

I usually work on 125+ in SC but assess between 115/125 as to whether it is still worth while as worst case scenario you take 115 and your C scores 145 you only lose 30 points,