Cardiomegaly SC (story of a Supercoach virgin)

Started by jvalles69, February 02, 2016, 04:04:38 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

jvalles69

Quote from: Ringo on February 22, 2016, 05:30:38 PM
Nice Structure -

Just concerned a little with Blicavs in ruck given that Scott has said he is not the main ruck at Geelong this year.  Can he keep up his scoring.,  Natanui is probably the better pick.

Apart from that no real issues and rookies will sort themselves out.

Thanks mate, that is the one position that I'm not sold on at this stage so nothing set in stone there.  :)

jvalles69

After a couple of weeks of NAB and some cheaper options popping up my team now looks like this...

Def: Laird, Bartel, Sheriden, Weitering, Brown, Hartley (Brown, Broad)
Mid: Fyfe, Danger, Pendles, Ablett, Rockliff, M. Crouch, Liberatore, Menadue (Keays, Mathieson, MacPherson)
Ruc: Goldy, Nic Nat (Grimley)
For: Martin, Barlow, De Goey, Wells, Kennedy, Kerridge (Kommer, Galluci)

Lots of knee jerks in there yes, but for now their position will remain and hopefully firm up prior to round 1.  My mids are damn sexy! 61K in the bank.

jvalles69

Latest update, please rip in! 140K in the bank.

Def: Laird, Simpson, Sheriden, Brown, Hartley, Adams (Broad, Collins)
Mid: Fyfe, Danger, Ablett, Rockliff, Adams, M. Crouch, Libba, Menadue (Keays, Mathieson, Marcon)
Ruck: Goldy, Nic Nat (Grimley)
For: Martin, Barlow, Hall, Wells, Kennedy, Kerridge (Kommer, Tipungwuti)

IntegralX

Spend that 140k, get an extra premo in there. I'd suggest culling one of Adams/Crouch if you've got that sort of bank.

jvalles69

Quote from: IntegralX on March 08, 2016, 03:46:14 PM
Spend that 140k, get an extra premo in there. I'd suggest culling one of Adams/Crouch if you've got that sort of bank.

Thats one of the things I'm considering, cheers.  Just holding off in case I need money for more expensive rooks, but Taylor to Pendles is what I'm considering.

jvalles69

Final team (I promise) before round 1 teams are released.  Pretty happy tinkering over the last 3-4 weeks.

Def: Houli, Laird, Lonergan, Brown, Hartley, Broad (Adams, Ruggles)
Mids: Fyfe, Danger, Ablett, Rockliff, Cripps, Liberatore, B. Crouch, Mills (Menadue, Gresham, Davis)
Rucks: Goldy, Natanui (Currie)
For: Martin, Barlow, Hall, Wells, Kennedy, Kerridge (Milera, M-Tip)

Basically no cash, but if I need to free up cash I can turn Currie into a basement ruck or turn Mills into Kerridge and add a basement forward.  Cripps and Hall are my two POD's who I like over any other options.  Thoughts?

Ringo

Well structured team and nice plan if cash required.

Cripps is a gutsy pick which may pay off.  My concern is the second year syndrome - He only played 3 games in 2014 so last year was his first real season.
Hall I have posted before may have to be upgraded when both Pretia and O'Meara get match fitness up as I can see him being pushed out of the midfield. Same with Lonergan when Swallow returns. 
Go with gut and you have to take risks to get away from cookie cutter teams.

jvalles69

Quote from: Ringo on March 14, 2016, 01:29:28 PM
Well structured team and nice plan if cash required.

Cripps is a gutsy pick which may pay off.  My concern is the second year syndrome - He only played 3 games in 2014 so last year was his first real season.
Hall I have posted before may have to be upgraded when both Pretia and O'Meara get match fitness up as I can see him being pushed out of the midfield. Same with Lonergan when Swallow returns. 
Go with gut and you have to take risks to get away from cookie cutter teams.

Thanks mate, thats what it comes down to, gut calls.  Lonergan and Hall should be very serviceable up until those guys come back, and who knows, other injuries may keep there usefulness.

piesfan1989

Are you still confident starting brown and hartley after yesterday??

jvalles69

Quote from: piesfan1989 on March 14, 2016, 03:44:48 PM
Are you still confident starting brown and hartley after yesterday??

Yeah I am, both their first games were more than serviceable, they played a rampant WC in Perth, plus had a few older bodies out so I'm happy to start them unless something else comes along.  I will prob play M-Tip over Brown though I'd say.

jvalles69

piesfan1989

jvalles69

piesfan1989

Its a really good team, my only concern is the exposed back line.

I hope cripps explodes for your sake..i think he will

jvalles69

Quote from: piesfan1989 on March 15, 2016, 12:00:43 AM
Its a really good team, my only concern is the exposed back line.

I hope cripps explodes for your sake..i think he will

Adjusted to strengthen my back line.

Currie -> Grimley
Milera -> Cox
Brown -> Dea

Slightly stronger with 35K in the bank.  I could go Houli -> Bartel then Dea -> Harwood, but I think Dea and Harwood will post similar scores.