Football Manager 2014

Started by Vinny, July 12, 2014, 09:08:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Vinny

Football Manager 2014:

Heaps of people seem to be playing this now so thought I'd start a thread.

I got it a couple days ago and super addicted but am soooo shower. :P

Managing Southampton.

How about everyone else, who you playing at and how you progressing?

Jukes

There's like 3, you AFEV and I :P

I'm Maidenhead United, have won three consecutive titles and am currently top of league one (after starting in conference south). Absolutely beastly :3 scored 165 goals in 46 league games last season :O and am back-to-back JPT winners.

Currently have a French bloke up forward, regen named Chris Gomis, has scored 41 goals and has 11 assists in 26 games after 64 and 25 in 35 last season :D flowering legend! Overall statline: 74 games, 116 goals, 37 assists, 8 yellow cards.

Vinny

Haha nah dude, I am pretty sure there is a few more.

HB does.
PB does.
BoredSaints.
JB is getting it soon.
Plus you AFEV and I. :P

Wow soliid, meanwhile cows on my team cannot even win. Probably gonna get sacked. ;D

BratPack

I still play '13. I'm doing the Next Goal Wins challenge (Try and take American Samoa, the world's worst football team, to the World Cup)

DazBurg

I got it  about a week ago I'm ManU finished 2nd after a up and down season
Money seems a lot tighter then most games
For example
Chelsea spend 59M on a player
My board give me a budget of 23M
Wish someone would buy my players that want to leave

I just closed my youth academies yeah i know some stars could come through but really CBF

Vinny

Daz please, I got 4 million for a transfer budget. :P

DazBurg

Quote from: Vinny on July 12, 2014, 10:51:08 PM

touche  ;)

CrowsFan

Quote from: Vinny on July 12, 2014, 09:35:32 PM

HB does.
I haven't actually played in a long time. Didn't even buy FM14

JBs-Hawks

Quote from: Vinny on July 12, 2014, 09:35:32 PM

HB does.
PB does.
BoredSaints.
JB is getting it soon.
Plus you AFEV and I. :P

Wow soliid, meanwhile cows on my team cannot even win. Probably gonna get sacked. ;D

Iv got it just not a good enough laptop to play it on atm :P

AFEV

Quote from: Vinny on July 12, 2014, 10:51:08 PM
Try having 30,000. :P

Promoted out of Skrill North with Guiseley in my first season. Basically on the back of John Macken and Ally Shankland.
Mid-table in the Skrill Premier during the second season but I've got some great players in loans that just came in and I think we might push for a playoff spot.

JBs-Hawks

In previous FMs I took Gateshead to the champs league :P

Andrew3747

Still play my 10 hours a week since 05 lol.

PowerBug

I play err, FM 2013 handheld. :P

Due to me being really good at this (last manager mode I won 17 league titles and like 40 Cups in the 30 seasons), I set myself a challenge to buy no one at all. Currently managing a Portsmouth side in Skrill Premier (Third team in 4 seasons), got the perfect formation and tactics set out, just need a good attack.

In my first season I conceded only 39 goals (the least in the league) but only scored 29 (the least in the league). Finished 20th of 24, only survived because of goal difference. :D I have 17 0-0 draws throughout the season, and made Rd 3 of the FA Cup where Everton were too strong (By 1 goal). This season I made it to Christmas 5-10-9 and in 17th, and am yet to concede more than 2 goals in a single match. Conceded 20 goals (the least), scored 17 (the 2nd least), so am quite happy. Unfortunately got knocked out of the Cup in the 1st round but am into the 2nd round of the FA Trophy. :)

It's going to be a long 30 seasons, if I can just make it to the Premier League I'll back myself. :)

Vinny

Haha that's a pretty interesting challenge man.

Andrew3747

Deep runs in cups is what makes it. How long do you spend on the game? Training is a huge part+scouting. I'd def scout for young talents and sign them on pre contracts if that counts as not buying.