Main Menu

2 wins this year, is it a pass?

Started by whatlez, August 17, 2012, 12:23:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Justin Bieber

The Gold Coast a few weeks ago didn't look like winning a game at all for the year.

Now we have 2 wins on the board and have some VERY competitive games with North twice, Essendon, Western Bulldogs (for a half), GWS (for some of the game), Geelong, Brisbane once.

But there has been some horrible games this year. Against St Kilda twice, Hawthorn, West Coast, Brisbane once, Port, Collingwood, Sydney and Melbourne to an extent.

So would you call this a passable year? 4 weeks ago I would so no, but with 2 wins for the year (don't think anymore), I think the year has been sort of a success. With seniors players like Bock, Harbrow, Stanley and Riska-TV missing fair chunks of the year that has not helped the GC this year. Also good youngsters like Swallow, Prestia, Tape, Thompson, McKenzie and Lynch (others) all been carrying injuries throughout the year, and has made it hard for the GC to be really competitive.

Some players have stood up this year which includes, Hunt, Caddy, Bennell, Day, Dixon, Shaw, Horsely and showing signs is good, but mainly the players from last year have been poor this season. With the current injury list of 18, the Gold coast are struggling to present a strongish side on the park in recent times.

What do they need to do to win about 6-8 games next year? Recruit Tippett who can help out Day and Lynch or recruit another senior defender to help out Bock and Warnock. Also we need to cut some players from the list. I reccommend: Magin, Moss, Jolly, Taylor, Nicholls, Coad, Hutchins, J.Hall, Schade, McQualter, Fraser and Gilbee. And look to trade: Weller, Toy and Caddy (maybe).

So what do you think?

tbagrocks

might help is D Swallow gets an extended run on the park! Tippo's a good start but more young players need to be traded to get some experience up there

Hawka

Why would u cut Schade??
He was one of the best kpp defenders at the draft last year he is goin to be good just give him time

Toy is defintly gone and i reckon Caddy t00

JBs-Hawks

You've already pencilled in the hawthorn game as a shocker? :P

Hawka

Quote from: JBs-Hawks on August 18, 2012, 02:37:17 AM
You've already pencilled in the hawthorn game as a shocker? :P
Haha that he has!
going to the game cause il b in Melbourne anyway haha

Ringo

No mention of Campbell Brown Lez - What is his position.  Thought he was recruited as defender as well.

Agree some players did not kick on as expected (Trent Mackenzie the main one here).

Agree with comments about cutting Schade has looked good. Coad may get some interest as a trade rather than delisting.  Not sure whether I would trade Weller either but if he could be traded for experience  then yes.

Justin Bieber

I dont know anything about schode and I expected him to be on the rookie list and a showerty player like Gilbee. So then Maybe keep him.

Coad could go for something, but he like 30 and not very good.

Campbell will probably stay, but I don't agree with him staying Ringo, so you're right.

Lol JB didn't notice it was our first appear today  :-X lol...

Torpedo10

Schade is a good defender and will help build GC for years to come.

Hawka

Quote from: Torpedo10 on August 18, 2012, 11:43:48 AM
Schade is a good defender and will help build GC for years to come.
That he is a top defender at last years draft you will need him when Bock goes

Ziplock

I probably wouldn't delist nicholls...

Justin Bieber

JBs-Hawks

Because you haven't got grundy yet

Justin Bieber

Quote from: JBs-Hawks on August 18, 2012, 01:55:00 PM
Because you haven't got grundy yet

GC have pick 2 in NAT draft or pick 3?

JBs-Hawks

Pick 2 but will they want to take grundy that high

Justin Bieber

Yeah why not?

And Nicholl is flowering shower. Keep Hickey over him. With Smith, Dixon and pinch hitters.