Main Menu

Are you guys...

Started by Ziplock, May 06, 2012, 02:59:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ziplock

too dependent on ablett?

like you've been playing some really solid footy since ablett went down, and it really begs the question- does ablett just make your other players complacent? Like are they too dependent on him when he's on the field?

just saying :P

Ringo

No Zip I think the team are starting to believe in themselves a lot more.  They do not appear to be looking for Ablett as much this year as last.  As second year players are stepping up Bennell was outstanding yesterday and if he can help Ablett in the mids only way is up.  Even Hunt is starting to find his way in the mids. Can see the coast being a major force in 2014 and you heard it here Round 6 in 2012.

Ziplock

they've still gotten flogged when ablett was playing, t hey've only really started standing up since his injury.

and I called that back in 2011 ringo :P

Ringo

Apologies Zip - Accept your early call earlier than mine. Just need to find some consistency though even in games they have been flogged they have been competitive but lapses in the final 5 minutes of each quarter have been costly.

Justin Bieber

Zip we well against essendon I think?

Got robbed last night...

Ringo

Quote from: whatlez on May 06, 2012, 03:53:26 PM

Got robbed last night...
Did not want to start that What but agree with you - Especially the Goal scored from free against Brennan which should have been free to the coast a couple of seconds earlier for holding the ball in the ruck.  IMO that was the crucial decision that cost you guys.

Justin Bieber

Quote from: Ringo on May 06, 2012, 03:59:37 PM
Quote from: whatlez on May 06, 2012, 03:53:26 PM

Got robbed last night...
Did not want to start that What but agree with you - Especially the Goal scored from free against Brennan which should have been free to the coast a couple of seconds earlier for holding the ball in the ruck.  IMO that was the crucial decision that cost you guys.

That holding the ball decision was the biggest bullshower I've ever seen. Brennan picked up to give it to the tackler.

Also when Mayne kicked the so called "Goal"

Cicjose

CrowsFan

Wouldn't have changed the winner of the match though cic. Freo would have won by 1 instead of 7

valkorum

Quote from: CrowsFan on May 07, 2012, 07:28:21 PM
Wouldn't have changed the winner of the match though cic. Freo would have won by 1 instead of 7

At least it wasnt another sirengate issue

Justin Bieber

Well Cic and Valks that goals on Brennan was so unfair and Mayne's goal clearly missed...

Gold Coast got robbed :(

valkorum

It all evens out Whatlez.  We should have got a free kick against Sydney in the goal square (Mzungu's back got sat on) which would have changed the outcome of that game.  That is footy - there is no doubt that the free kick paid against Brennan was there but the Griffin free kick should have been paid before that.

Justin Bieber

Yeah that's what I meant about the Brennan one.

Yeah well we want to win a game lol.

TheMailman

Quote from: valkorum on May 07, 2012, 09:05:01 PM
It all evens out Whatlez.  We should have got a free kick against Sydney in the goal square (Mzungu's back got sat on) which would have changed the outcome of that game.  That is footy - there is no doubt that the free kick paid against Brennan was there but the Griffin free kick should have been paid before that.

Yes but you shouldn't of got the interchange free kick so the Mzungu situation would never of happened :P