Introduction of a SUB rule for 2015 and beyond

Started by SydneyRox, January 27, 2015, 02:05:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

SydneyRox

Simple one.

The SUB will be nominated from one of the four emergencies when naming your team.

If the SUB scores more than a player named on your team, the SUB score will count in place of the lowest scoring player.

Notes

* SUB can replace the Captain Score, but the score will not be doubled, the VC will take the place of the Captain and have his score doubled.

* SUB will only replace a score that is lower before calculations such as OOP.

* If the SUB is activated they cannot provide emergency support. Players named as SUB, take that role first.

If you think of any other questions about this topic post below.

Please leave a post to let me know you have voted.

SydneyRox

T Dog

If this is in case a named player gets vested then I am all for it, if its just a safety in case a named player flops then I'd prefer not too. That doesn't give a useful answer though  :-\

SydneyRox

Quote from: T Dog on January 27, 2015, 03:18:31 PM
If this is in case a named player gets vested then I am all for it, if its just a safety in case a named player flops then I'd prefer not too. That doesn't give a useful answer though  :-\

The introduction was to help with vested players, however it would also cover shockers and games effected by injury.

the risk you take by naming a better player (or one who should be in your best 22) as you sub is that they cannot be used as an emergency, so it is still in your interest to name your best team rather than trying to loophole anything.

kilbluff1985

powersuperkents

Have agreed only because I have a lot of players on my bench that score similar to my starting 18 (i.e. Rampe, GHS, Jamar, May, Mackenzie etc.). If this wasn't the case I would have most likely voted against it because I have to agree with the latter part of T Dog's statement (a flopped player is usually the decisive factor in a close match)

Jukes

Pkbaldy

popedelio

voted

but should only count for a player that is sub affected during a game.

Football Factory

Don't like it personally, its all part and parcel of the game ..some players some weeks don't score very well  ;)

ckennedy23

Memphistopheles

SydneyRox

Vote passed. At this point the rules will be as per the OP.