RD's 2017 Team Thread

Started by RaisyDaisy, December 06, 2016, 11:39:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

RaisyDaisy

OK, so now that we're getting closer to the season starting I think we are starting to get a better picture of which rookies will actually have a chance of playing Round 1.

I don't think there will be as much defender rookies as we had once hoped, so Marchbank comes in to allow me to maintain my structure. I've also gone with Taranto and Turner because I think Taranto has done more than expected and has to be named, while Turner has the JS. Good cash allocation too so can go down if needed

I've made a conscious effort of picking rookies that I think will actually play and make this team realistic. Otten might not get up, but I think I could find a bench replacement. Ditto Cameron, could get Black etc if need be

Really happy with the structure, player selections and byes have been factored in too. Macrae vs Buddy my only decision

NickyBoy

Almost the same team as mine except for a couple of changes. I personally picked Buddy over Macrae but either one can do the job.

crowls

Same structure RD.     Marchbank at D3.     tossing up my F3/f4 options.
Trealor over Rocky.

my fwd rookies are different but can see myself going to for those with better JS.   Also why Swallow will probably get a start in my team as well.    Love Taranto still not sure he will hold down a spot in GWS starting team. 
Good looking starting team mate. 

RaisyDaisy

I think I've narrowed it down to 1 of these 3 teams

Thoughts?

Team 1

Team 2

Team 3

Fid

Team 3 has all but 4 players on field the same as my side....

Team 2 - I am not sure how Greene will go with the inclusion of Lids (whenever he does play)

Team 1 - Sheed, is he a breakout contender?? Well you would know more about him than me.

crowls

PICCOLLO

Is there are 4th option a little bit less mid-priced?  :P

RaisyDaisy

Quote from: PICCOLLO on March 19, 2017, 10:40:17 PM

I'm working on a 4th option now actually, but to be honest with such a poor lack of half decent rookies available I think we all need to go mid priced this year because the only rookies that will actually get named and be half decent will need to fill up our benches, and there won't be enough to start on field

myteamsuks

I like team 1.

And Sheed could be a good POD.
Did only play handful of games last year,
but he does tend to score more in DT than SC and that is a no-no for me.

Bully

No surpirses, I like team 3. Aim should be to hit 2200 by round 1 and this is the team that looks best equipped to do so. You're only as strong as your weakest link and I feel Witts, Taranto & Otten are all capable of 70+ scores. Keepers = 13 (including Sadi & Beams) which means 9 upgrades. That's 9 cash cows required and room for 10 injury trades & 2 correctional trades. Nice balance.

ants

PICCOLLO

Quote from: RaisyDaisy on March 19, 2017, 10:55:47 PM
Quote from: PICCOLLO on March 19, 2017, 10:40:17 PM

I'm working on a 4th option now actually, but to be honest with such a poor lack of half decent rookies available I think we all need to go mid priced this year because the only rookies that will actually get named and be half decent will need to fill up our benches, and there won't be enough to start on field

Beams, Omeara, Swallow and probably Nank are givens.  Sandi okay.
Id plan for the worst and see what happens. The pickings are slim but each year only a few midpricers pay off, the more you have the less likely your team is going to go well. Its a fine line.

Pickett, SPP, Eddy, Hampton, Marchbank all look the goods. Just gotta take a punt on some others. It can be done.

bowyanger

Pretty solid all 3, pro's n cons for each team...theyre all gonna be competitive

I'm not a fan of Ryder having rode that train in previous years

Surprised no Gawn in any option

I think the Saints have a few fwd potential breakouts in either Billings or Acres &  JSteven to become elite

I'm not sold on Pendles, its a wait and see for me, he played some half back last year

I'm not sure about HShaw or Docherty either, another wait and see for me (tagged?) perhaps better value in ZJones & Adams I'm hoping

Like Dangerpants, Jelwood, Laird, Treloar, Greene & your balls out number with Sheed

RaisyDaisy

I really appreciate all the comments guys - thanks

Pro's and cons to all indeed, which just makes it so much harder to settle on something

I'll keep plugging away and I'm sure there will be a few more updates over the coming days

essendon

Intrigued to see your final team RD! Always a good side each year you have!