AXV Trade Review - how did you go?

Started by Jay, July 22, 2013, 01:51:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jay

Saw this in the Worlds thread so thought I would start this up for a bit of fun :)

Sri Lanka Strikers Trading

Trade 1
Strikers give: Tom Rockliff, Mitch Golby, NAT pick 51
Headhunters give: Andrew Gaff, Jeremy Howe, NAT pick 21

This is my biggest regret of the trade period. Only did it as I thought Rocky may become mid only, and hence lose some of his value. Jeremy Howe beats Mitch Golby and the pick swap is good but trading Rocky was a mistake. Pick 51 was Harry Cunningham and pick 21 got me Josh Simpson. Well played Mons ;)

Trade 2
Strikers give: Heath Scotland, rookie pick 19
Dongs give: Scott D. Thompson, NAT pick 48

Huge win for me here. Thompson is much younger than Scotland and has several more years left in him whereas Scotland will retire in 2 years tops. Thompson averages more than Scotland too then add in the pick swap. Pick 48 got Dean Terlich and rookie 19 got Nathan Stark.Strikers get a steal here :D

Trade 3
Strikers give: NAT pick 35, NAT Pick 48, ROOKIE Pick 35
Eskimoes give: Rhys Palmer, NAT Pick 45, ROOKIE Pick 15

Meh bit of a nothing trade but I think I won this due to getting Palmer for not much. 35 got Kristian Jaksch, 48 got Dean Terlich, rook. 35 got Tim Sumner. Rhys Palmer is still young and averaging 97 but was on-traded, stay tuned :P

Trade 4
Strikers give: Shaun Grigg, Shaun Burgoyne, rook. 51
Lambs give: Matt Suckling, Heath Grundy, NAT 36

Hmm this is a tough one. Grigg has been ok, going at roughly 120 and Burgs has been good averaging a shade over 100 which is impressive for a back but he is quite old. Suckling hasn't played a game for me but I still maintain that he is easily the most valuable player in this trade, fingers crossed he comes back as a 110 back! Grundy is bad, good JS but the man cant score. NAT 36 got me Marco Paparone and rook. 51 got Daniel Pearce, I like Paparone better but getting nothing out of Suckers has made this trade a loss ;)

Trade 5
Strikers give: Brodie Grundy, Steven May
Crocodiles give: Shannon Hurn, Levi Casboult

Yes, this was a pretty good trade. Grundy hasn't played yet but he will be a gun for sure. Getting a gun back though is hard so reckon getting Hurn tipped this in our favour. May has been a major spud this year averaging like 50 whereas Casboult has done ok averaging 70.

Trade 6
Strikers give: Mitch Clark
Lambs give: Shaun Grigg

Meh, Grigg was on-traded and I ended up with Clarke anyway :P

Trade 7
Strikers give: Shaun Grigg, Jeremy Howe, Shannon Hurn
Lambs give: Steele Sidebottom, Mitch Clark, Sam Darley

And my trading with the Lambs finally ends :P this was a decent trade but I reckon I lost just due to Howe being better than Clark now, didn't think this would happen when the trade was made. Sidey is a premium though and has been VC for me so that helps balance out losing Howe and Hurn. Here's hoping Sam Darley shows something soon and becomes a good player ;)

Trade 8
Strikers give: Andrew Gaff, Luke Brown
Llamas give: Mitch Golby, Hamish Mcintosh

This trade is even. H-Mac has done nothing and Andrew Gaff is really not as good as he was last year and struggling to cope with a tag but at least he has played. Mitch Golby comfortably beats Luke Brown who has good JS but cant score. Mitch Golby is young and averages 95, he is very valuable.

Trade 9
Strikers give: Rhys Palmer, Hamish Mcintosh
Vipers give: Dale Thomas, John Ceglar

This trade is crazy but I think I win long-term. Thomas and H-Mac we can't really judge yet as they have barely played this season. Palmer has done better than I thought but I still think getting a premium in Dale Thomas will help me a lot in the future

For my first ever XV's trade period I think I did quite well. How about you?

Justin Bieber

I lost all my trades so meh :P

Nah like spud and Wines vs pick 17 and 33 was a win.

Jay

tbagrocks

Started with ND picks: 7, 23, 39, 55 + Rookie picks
Finished with ND pick: 2, 7, 14, 16, 30, 31, 33 and got every player I wanted!

Gained: Luke Brown, Jasper Pittard, Andrew Gaff, Jack Trengove, Lachie Neale, Chad Wingard, Andy Otten
Lost: Dustin Martin, Duffman, James Kelly, Pearce Hanley, Hamish McIntosh, Andrew Boston, Brad Ebert

Got to give to get ;)

Nige

Would like to still have Dusty and Hanley.  :(

Justin Bieber

Ben Speight and Oliver Wines for Lachie Plowman and Jackson Rampsay

#cut4bag

Well I got Jesse White at rookie pick 49 and Matty White at pick 65 so bad luck Tbag lol.

Ricochet

These were the only trades I was able to do after taking over at the Crocs

Kuala Lumpur Crocodiles

OUT  Trent Cotchin + Lewis Jetta + Steven May
IN  Scott Pendlebury + Luke Dahlhaus + Jamie Cripps

Cotchin: 125ave + 15 Games
Jetta: 85ave + 10 Games
May: 57ave + 12 Games

Pendles: 149ave + 16 Games
Dahlhaus: 84ave + 16 Games
Cripps: 71ave + 9 Games

Pretty happy with getting Pendles but expecting Cotchin to bounce back next year. A far better player than this years output. Being a WA boy I knew Cripps could play so am happy to get him across. Didn't think he would break into the Eagles team this year though. And all indicators poitn towards Dahlhaus being a star.

OUT  Mark LeCras
IN  Luke Parker

LeCras: 118ave + 14 Games

Parker: 115ave + 16 Games

Based on 2013 I have lost this trade, especially with LeCras being a forward. But went after Parker with the future in mind. Parker has developed into a genuine goal kicking midfielder in only his 3rd year of football.

OUT  Eddie Betts
IN  Shane Savage

Betts: 74ave + 10 Games

Savage: 88ave + 9 Games

Both these players are having a poor year based on what I predicted. It has taken until round 13 for Savage to break back into the team and break the vest, but since then he has averaged 117 over those 5 games.... just has to get a regular gig. So yeh pretty even at this stage but I got a young gun for an older player so I'm happy with that given my young list.

KoopKicka

Quote from: Jayman on July 22, 2013, 02:52:21 PM
Can't wait to read Koop's review :P

Ill put it up later for all your sadistical pleasure :P

BB67th

Just want to say that the Folders trading Dan Nicholson for Chris Mayne was a masterstroke ;)

Justin Bieber

Quote from: BB67th on August 18, 2013, 01:39:53 PM
Just want to say that the Folders trading Dan Nicholson for Chris Mayne was a masterstroke ;)
I might of made the eight with Mayne. Playing OOP in forwards and never needed Nicho, it flowered my season lol