Brennan announces his retirement

Started by LF, September 12, 2013, 02:33:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

LF

http://www.afl.com.au/news/2013-09-12/brennan-walks-into-sunset

THE career of one of the AFL's great entertainers is over, with Gold Coast's Jared Brennan retiring today.

Brennan played 173 AFL games over 11 seasons for the Brisbane Lions (119) and the Suns (54).

The 29-year-old told the club he wanted to further explore his post football career and spend more time with his young family.

Brennan has had a troubled past two seasons with the Suns, being dropped on a number of occasions due to poor form.

Gold Coast general manager of football operations Marcus Ashcroft said Brennan had lost his desire to play.

Nails

:'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'(

My worlds team

A player that never realised his full potential.

nrich102

This really surprises me. I think it was the right time for him to retire though. Ill miss watching him play.

Rusty00

I didn't realise he was that old, thought he was only mid-twenties for some reason.

Disappointing we didn't get to see his full talents on display more consistently.

Nige

Like the others have said, Brennan has stacks of talent but unfortunately we didn't see enough of it.  :(

Ringo

Sad to see him go Still think he had a year or 2 left in him.  Great talent that was not used to its potential. Was always un-predictable to the end and this often proved his undoing which was very frustrating to fans and coaches.

Wish you well in retirement Jared and enjoy the kids.

Justin Bieber

Yeah did struggle later in the year.,. But he's flowered up my XV teams lol