Round 10 Trades

Started by Rusty00, August 02, 2020, 11:12:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rusty00

Well my hand has been forced. McPherson out now as well leaves me 5 non-playing in defence. Have to follow the crowd and bring in Stewart this week.

I just know Dusty is going huge tonight now. C'mon Mitch Robinson, you know that you want to tag him :-X

Wanderer

There will be lots of players managed and resting during these condensed rounds, so not knowing teams will be a real crap shoot.

bkimm32

Darcy Cameron out flower anyone else’s trade plans?

I was going maxed out rookie > Draper via Cameron but that kind of ruins that now.

Samsturmfels

Quote from: bkimm32 on August 05, 2020, 11:38:39 PM
Darcy Cameron out flower anyone else’s trade plans?

I was going maxed out rookie > Draper via Cameron but that kind of ruins that now.
I already had Cameron on the bench so even though he wont be generating cash. I actually benefit from it due to teams possibly relying on him playing.

EA100

Thinking of going Rankine to James Bell to generate some more cash for next week, have two trades left for the week after getting draper in for Xerri. However for 150k, is it worth it?

Samsturmfels

Quote from: EA100 on August 06, 2020, 04:09:52 PM
Thinking of going Rankine to James Bell to generate some more cash for next week, have two trades left for the week after getting draper in for Xerri. However for 150k, is it worth it?
Although Rankine may lose cash, if he plays like he did in the first 2 rounds he may score well higher than Bell. Is Bell a must?

Wanderer

Bell has DPP and should have good JS. It's not a bad idea. I would try and do it with somebody other than Rankine if you could and $150k isn't too bad. Not sure what other rookie options will be around with half decent JS.

FWIW, I was tossing up between Bell and Skinner and now kicking myself I picked Skinner. I went for the money rather than what my gut was telling me to do.

Samsturmfels

Quote from: Wanderer on August 06, 2020, 04:32:44 PM
Bell has DPP and should have good JS. It's not a bad idea. I would try and do it with somebody other than Rankine if you could and $150k isn't too bad. Not sure what other rookie options will be around with half decent JS.

FWIW, I was tossing up between Bell and Skinner and now kicking myself I picked Skinner. I went for the money rather than what my gut was telling me to do.
At least Skinner will make actually some money unlike keane who got dropped after 1 game  :'(

Wanderer

Quote from: Samsturmfels on August 06, 2020, 04:37:44 PM

At least Skinner will make actually some money unlike keane who got dropped after 1 game  :'(
Yeah, that's rough. Keane was talked up. Can this year get any crazier?

Samsturmfels

Quote from: Wanderer on August 06, 2020, 04:39:27 PM
Quote from: Samsturmfels on August 06, 2020, 04:37:44 PM

Yeah, that's rough. Keane was talked up. Can this year get any crazier?
yes, AFL gets cancelled before the end of the season

EA100

Yeh well i've always tried to pick players that have decent enough JS, hence why only one player from my bench isn't named at the moment. There isn't anyone else i can get rid of except Budarick or Devon Smith, but i kind of want to keep devon for the bye situation.

Wanderer

Quote from: EA100 on August 06, 2020, 04:42:26 PM

Yeh well i've always tried to pick players that have decent enough JS, hence why only one player from my bench isn't named at the moment. There isn't anyone else i can get rid of except Budarick or Devon Smith, but i kind of want to keep devon for the bye situation.
Even though Budarick's days of making any serious money are behind him now, if you want to grab some cash for next week's trades, then you would have to sell Rankine. I am keeping Devon Smith, which is why I am not recommending him as an option to trade. Maybe run some scenarios of likely upgrades next week and see if the sale of Rankine this week to Bell will help you.