For or Against the 2 trades per week

For
43 (58.9%)
Against
30 (41.1%)

Total Members Voted: 73

timmyparso

Buying trades is a good idea.

EPL Fantasy have 1 free trade a week and if you want more then it cost you points. A similar rule could be adopted for AFL Dreamteam where there is 1 free trade per week (2 in bye rounds) and if you want a second then it will cost you say 80 points which is deducted from your weekly score. It is a big enough deterant for reckless trades but also if you are playing a weak opponent and can handle an 80 point penalty and still win or a really strong opponent that you are going to lose against regardless then you can employ some strategy to your trades.

If you don't use your 1 free trade per week you can bank them for use latter.

44 free trades is too many.

Holz

Quote from: timmyparso on September 05, 2013, 08:33:54 AM
Buying trades is a good idea.

EPL Fantasy have 1 free trade a week and if you want more then it cost you points. A similar rule could be adopted for AFL Dreamteam where there is 1 free trade per week (2 in bye rounds) and if you want a second then it will cost you say 80 points which is deducted from your weekly score. It is a big enough deterant for reckless trades but also if you are playing a weak opponent and can handle an 80 point penalty and still win or a really strong opponent that you are going to lose against regardless then you can employ some strategy to your trades.

If you don't use your 1 free trade per week you can bank them for use latter.

44 free trades is too many.

I really like this idea. Not sure about banking them too much. Maybee a cap of 1 or 2.

so thats 22 trades you can use each year. Maybee instead of points though they count as cash?

I can see teams going for league not caring about overall at all and just spamming trading and making invicible sqauds. One thing about the EPL is that rookies dont really go up much like they do in DT.

under this format you coudl start all rookies make a crazy amount of cash than drop like 2200 points one week and have a full premo team. I would like to see it cost cash instead.

Colliwobblers

AGAINST - horrible idea, worst season ever in DT for me , just didn't even feel like fantasy football, no accountability, i guess it makes it easy and that's why people like it but i didn't enjoy it at all, couldn't really get into it and did much better in SC which was supposedly harder with trade limits. And historically i do much much better in DT.

too old fashioned maybe.

Spinking

Surprised that the poll ended up leaning towards for when most of the folks using this site are pretty handy fantasy coaches and have a bigger advantage over the rest of the field under the old rules.

I went ok this year, but it was too hard to make up ground after a bad round, and there was far less skill and patience involved.

I do truly dislike the rolling lockout in SC though. It does give an advantage to quality coaches but it means you pretty much can't switch off at all over the weekends. 

Colliwobblers

Quote from: Spinking on September 14, 2013, 04:04:26 PM
Surprised that the poll ended up leaning towards for when most of the folks using this site are pretty handy fantasy coaches and have a bigger advantage over the rest of the field under the old rules.

I went ok this year, but it was too hard to make up ground after a bad round, and there was far less skill and patience involved.

I do truly dislike the rolling lockout in SC though. It does give an advantage to quality coaches but it means you pretty much can't switch off at all over the weekends.

agree Spink and i think the captain and emergency loophole is a complete rort. so unrealistic and just dodgy as....