Jay's SC Journal

Started by Jay, May 08, 2015, 09:09:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jay

Quote from: Ricochet on May 15, 2015, 07:51:10 PM
Quote from: Jayman on May 15, 2015, 07:45:45 PM
Quote from: Ricochet on May 15, 2015, 07:41:48 PM
Yep perfect mate I like Hogan and Heeney to McKenzie and Gray
Unfortunately can't afford Gray by trading Heeney. Got to be Vanders and Hoges out.. Which is annoying because Heeney will just be sitting there not earning cash for another week :(
Does that mean you have to field McKenzie?
And Krak  :-\ with no cover in case Cripps/Selwood pulls out...

Ricochet

Quote from: Jayman on May 15, 2015, 07:53:12 PM
Quote from: Ricochet on May 15, 2015, 07:51:10 PM
Quote from: Jayman on May 15, 2015, 07:45:45 PM
Quote from: Ricochet on May 15, 2015, 07:41:48 PM
Yep perfect mate I like Hogan and Heeney to McKenzie and Gray
Unfortunately can't afford Gray by trading Heeney. Got to be Vanders and Hoges out.. Which is annoying because Heeney will just be sitting there not earning cash for another week :(
Does that mean you have to field McKenzie?
And Krak  :-\ with no cover in case Cripps/Selwood pulls out...
Maybe you will have to go Goddard...
So you can go Heeney to McKenzie and Hogan to Goddard?

EDIT sorry you have Goddard. Don't know why I thought you didn't

Ricochet

Jay

Quote from: Ricochet on May 15, 2015, 07:57:18 PM
Considered JZ mate?
Kind of, but feel he's a bit up and down.

I can grab Barlow in the mids but that skins me of all my cash so won't be able to Mcintosh --> Lever and than Vanders --> Rocky

Motlop/Betts/KJack/SteveJ lets me do that. Maybe I'm overrating the need to grab Rocky next week  ???

Ricochet

Quote from: Jayman on May 15, 2015, 08:04:29 PM
Considered JZ mate?

I can grab Barlow in the mids but that skins me of all my cash so won't be able to Mcintosh --> Lever and than Vanders --> Rocky

Motlop/Betts/KJack/SteveJ lets me do that. Maybe I'm overrating the need to grab Rocky next week  ???
Yeh I reckon Rocky can wait another. Like his BE will be approx 60ish depending on how he goes this week. So he will only go up slightly the 2nd week.

Jay

Quote from: Ricochet on May 15, 2015, 08:41:06 PM
Considered JZ mate?

Yeh I reckon Rocky can wait another. Like his BE will be approx 60ish depending on how he goes this week. So he will only go up slightly the 2nd week.
There just doesn't seem to be too many downgrade options at the moment apart from Lever, so wouldn't mind leaving a little in the kitty.

Is there an obvious one out of those 4 guys? Could just do Heeney --> Mckenzie and then hold but Hoges seems just about topped out, so wouldn't mind snagging a keeper for him while I can.

Ricochet

Quote from: Jayman on May 15, 2015, 08:48:01 PM
Considered JZ mate?

There just doesn't seem to be too many downgrade options at the moment apart from Lever, so wouldn't mind leaving a little in the kitty.

Is there an obvious one out of those 4 guys? Could just do Heeney --> Mckenzie and then hold but Hoges seems just about topped out, so wouldn't mind snagging a keeper for him while I can.
Amon, Dick, Blease, Leslie, and Dale all playing their first games so there may be options coming. I'd definitely upgrade Hogan

Of those above Barlow would be my pick, followed by Motlop I think. Is Bont not an option?

Jay

Quote from: Ricochet on May 15, 2015, 09:00:14 PM
Quote from: Jayman on May 15, 2015, 08:48:01 PM
Considered JZ mate?

Amon, Dick, Blease, Leslie, and Dale all playing their first games so there may be options coming. I'd definitely upgrade Hogan

Of those above Barlow would be my pick, followed by Motlop I think. Is Bont not an option?
I'm a bees dick away from Bont, otherwise I'd have locked that in :'(

Barlow looks good, just a matter of whether he's going to average enough to be worth a final mid spot - considering I already have Jack Steven who although isn't as good as Barlow, its a similar situation. I like Motlop as a POD and he gives me a little bit of cash flexibility...

Might come down to a flip of a coin ahah. Cheers for your help mate

Ricochet

no worries man.

I commented a bit about Barlow in this thread here http://forum.fanfooty.com.au/index.php/topic,102960.msg1609770.html#msg1609770

This last stat might just back up the thoughts about his ankle

(first 4 games vs last 2)
First 4 averages:
Disp: 21. Cont. Poss rate: 20%, Clearances: 1, TOG: 81%.

Last 2:
Disp: 27.5, CP rate: 37%, Clear: 4.5, TOG: 84%.

Jay

Quote from: Ricochet on May 15, 2015, 09:14:44 PM
no worries man.

I commented a bit about Barlow in this thread here http://forum.fanfooty.com.au/index.php/topic,102960.msg1609770.html#msg1609770

First 4 averages:

Last 2:
Yeah mate, he certainly looks to be back. Not buying into the Mundy/Neale are stealing points from him stuff. Barlow makes sense, worst case scenario he still averages at least 105.

But my gut says Motlop, so I'm going to take the punt ;D wish me luck!!!

Ricochet

Quote from: Jayman on May 15, 2015, 09:32:47 PM
Quote from: Ricochet on May 15, 2015, 09:14:44 PM
no worries man.

First 4 averages:

Last 2:
Yeah mate, he certainly looks to be back. Not buying into the Mundy/Neale are stealing points from him stuff. Barlow makes sense, worst case scenario he still averages at least 105.

But my gut says Motlop, so I'm going to take the punt ;D wish me luck!!!
I have Motlop in DT/AF too man, can't go wrong with either. Good luck legend.

Jay

Trades remaining: 20
Cash: $21,300

So after bringing in Motlop and all that bs last week, I'm 1.5k short of Mcintosh --> Lever and Vandenberg to Rocky ::)

So I'm thinking of a double downgrade. NBrown --> Lever and Vandenberg --> de Goey. Will be able to easily grab Rockliff potentially next week and have left over for some other stuff too.

Donnie Brasco

Unlucky Jay, though I like the trades, mate.

Jay

Not as sold on de Goey like I was earlier in the week - just doesn't fit my bye structure.

What are some thoughts on Vandenberg --> Yeo (via Saad) and Mcintosh --> Lever?

I'd like to get Rockliff but that would mean having to downgrade Oxley, which I think would be a bit of a luxury trade at this stage - he's still averaging over 80...

Jay

Change of plan!

Vanders --> Lever (via Lolmumba)
Clark --> Rockliff (via Krak)