AXV: OFFICIAL TRADE THREAD (2015/16)

Started by BB67th, September 20, 2015, 06:56:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

BB67th

Quote from: Rids on November 22, 2015, 04:17:27 PM

At the end of the day the scenario is that a team is trading in a player who is currently delisted and being placed on the senior list. The player has been guaranteed a rookie spot from his AFL club. If this is allowed and I really don't mind if it is, we should be adding the specific scenario to the rules that are there so everyone is aware.

That's fair enough mate, I didn't realise it wasn't included in the actual rules. I will make sure it gets added in, as this practice has been happening for a season or two now at least, and I don't think any coaches seem to have an issue with it.

Ricochet

Quote from: BB67th on November 22, 2015, 11:27:23 AM
Quote from: upthemaidens on November 22, 2015, 12:20:48 AM
Strikers give:  Danny Stanley+ N#68+ R#13

Folders give:  R#1

BB to confirm
Confirm

There isn't a whole heap of talent in the rookie pool currently, so I don't really mind parting with rookie pick 1. Stanley is a good talent, and hopefully he can improve his scoring output a bit over the year and improve some of my depth. Nat 68 helps me to do the rookie upgrades I want, and rookie 13 ensures that I don't move down the order too much.

CONFIRMED

Reasoning: Stanley has been delisted but GC have committed to picking him up. There are others in the rookie draft pool who have greater value than him (including rookies expected to be drafted), so additional picks are required.

BB67th

Quote from: Adamant on November 21, 2015, 11:24:50 PM
Trade Period 1:
Bangladesh give: Rookie 26
Tibet give:

Trade Period 2:
Bangladesh give: Alipate Carlile
Tibet give: Jack Fitzpatrick

Just completing my set of the Hawthorn rucks. Will chuck this up now as well as proof in case tbag doesn't confirm it in time:

Quote from: tbagrocks on November 21, 2015, 01:38:41 PM
Quote from: Adamant on November 20, 2015, 10:33:15 PM
Rookie Pick #26 for Fitzpatrick?
Alright mate ill take the trade :)

Just added Carlile so it's a 1 for 1 deal in the second period as I don't have enough list movements to do it this period.

CONFIRMED
Reasoning: Carlile is not a big scorer. Fitzpatrick has shown a bit of potential, but has a slightly questionable future moving to a new club. Maybe not exactly even, but close enough to pass with a few fringe players.

Quote from: Adamant on November 21, 2015, 12:51:03 AM
Quote from: PowerBug on November 21, 2015, 12:46:58 AM
Bangladesh gives: Aaron Sandilands, Jesse White, NAT 76
Kathmandu gives: Riley Knight, NAT 27, NAT 57

Confirmed.

Liked what Knight did late in the season and the second round pick is handy.

CONFIRMED
Reasoning: Sandilands is still one of the best ruckmen in the game, but he can't have too long left. White was a decent scoring forward, but is still a depth player. Knight showed some real promise in the back half of the season, and the accompanying pick swap evens things out nicely.

Quote from: nrich102 on November 22, 2015, 12:08:15 AM
Quote from: upthemaidens on November 22, 2015, 12:06:42 AM
Strikers give: Reece Conca+ Cam Shenton+ Jed Lamb+ N#61

Dongs give: Michael Rischitelli+ Danyle Pearce+ N#68

nrich to confirm
Confirm.

CONFIRMED
Reasoning: This one was a bit closer, but just passes. Rischitelli and Pearce both had good years, but are both 30 next year and entering the later stages of their careers. Conca has good value being a defender who comfortably averaged 100+ when fit, after having an injury interrupted 2015. Shenton has some potential, as does Lamb, and there is the pick swap too which evens things out a little. Not a perfectly even trade in my opinion, but not too bad to be blocked.

JBs-Hawks

When did Conca become a defender? Lol.

BB67th

Quote from: JBs-Hawks on November 25, 2015, 05:22:45 PM
When did Conca become a defender? Lol.
My mistake there, I read the list wrong when looking at player positions.

Still, even as a midfielder, Conca has shown when he is fit he can be a very solid scorer, and it doesn't change the trade much.

BB67th

And with that our First Trade Period is officially at a close so I will lock this thread for now until we come back to trading after drafting has been completed.

The Trade Discussion thread will remain open for coaches to discuss any further trades if they wish.

Please note that the Official Draft Thread will hold the most up to date lists for the time being.

BB67th

Okay, this thread is back open for business!

Our second trade period has now begun. Please remember that in this trade period, each team has 5 in and 5 out list movements, so this trade period is more about fixing your team up following DPP changes and getting things just how you want it for season 2016. A reminder that we use the same positions as SuperCoach. The one exception for list movements is the Gazelles, who have been given 10 in and 10 out movements at admin's discretion due to the inactivity of the previous coach of the side in the first trade period.

Remember that all trades in this period must be one for one, and for players on the same list, so a rookie for a rookie or a senior list player for another.

A date for the close of this trade period will be announced later, but it will likely be sometime in late February/early March before any official practice matches take place in the AFL.

So happy trading, and if there are any queries, just ask!

Adamant

Bangladesh give: Sam Mitchell + Tim Mohr
Tibet give: Kieran Lovell + David Cuningham

Why not replace the current Sam Mitchell with the next Sam Mitchell?

tbag to confirm.

nostradamus

How can a 35 yo and a spud be fair for 2 young guns ? (Lovell is a jet)

JBs-Hawks

Quote from: nostradamus on December 16, 2015, 09:54:09 PM

You gotta be kidding? A guaranteed season of 120+ avg starter vs two guys who may never make there mark.

tbagrocks

Quote from: Adamant on December 16, 2015, 09:29:21 PM
Bangladesh give: Sam Mitchell + Tim Mohr
Tibet give: Kieran Lovell + David Cuningham

Why not replace the current Sam Mitchell with the next Sam Mitchell?

tbag to confirm.
Confirm!

Because Mitch just keeps on going with no signs of slowing down, whilst we have recruited a number or young gun mids in recent years, waiting for Lovell to dominate the stars at Hawthorn is no longer necessary, but Mitchell helps us with a consistent scoring mid to complement the young superstars we already have

How you like dem apples ;)

nostradamus

Quote from: JBs-Hawks on December 16, 2015, 10:05:37 PM

You gotta be kidding? A guaranteed season of 120+ avg starter vs two guys who may never make there mark.

Nup, not kidding at all ............. always honest and speak my mind. I'd never trade 2 very good prospects for good scores from someone for what may only be one year.

tbagrocks

Quote from: nostradamus on December 16, 2015, 10:13:21 PM
Quote from: JBs-Hawks on December 16, 2015, 10:05:37 PM

Nup, not kidding at all ............. always honest and speak my mind. I'd never trade 2 very good prospects for good scores from someone for what may only be one year.
One year is all we need ;) What's the use of having 12 potential midfield guns (Sound familiar :o ) When you have six and can get a legend for new "Potential" ;)

Llamas v Crabs, BRING IT!!

PowerBug

Young vs Scoring will never find proper middle ground. Bangladesh have a clear plan, and Tibet might feel like winning it next year. And the fact that we have two coaches wanting to reject it for polar opposite reasons is why it will pass ;)

Nige

Quote from: PowerBug on December 16, 2015, 11:30:32 PM
Young vs Scoring will never find proper middle ground. Bangladesh have a clear plan, and Tibet might feel like winning it next year. And the fact that we have two coaches wanting to reject it for polar opposite reasons is why it will pass ;)