Main Menu

StKilda Offseason

Started by Spinking, September 29, 2014, 05:06:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Spinking

Any opinions on who the Saints will take, or whether it will be traded.

I'm pretty sure it would be Petracca if they go to the draft, but get the feeling they want a trade, to boost their number of first round picks.

kilbluff1985

tabs said in the Sydney forum they apparently offered it to get Parker :o

also heard about something like pick 1 for Jacksch, GWS PICK #4 and #20 and #23

Capper

I doubt the Swans will take 1 for Parker though and i doubt the Saints would give up more than the pick as well

Mailman the 2nd

They might try split it into multiple 1st rounders, but that would depend a lot on other clubs first

Toga

Nige

The Age is reporting the Giants want Pick 1 and Petracca and could trade Jaksch, O'Rourke and Pick 3 to get it done.

Posted the actual thing in the offseason trade rumours thread.

Toga

Just another young gun to add to their stockpile then :( Makes sense though I guess, as you would think Petracca and Brayshaw and Heeney would probably be unavailable at Pick #3, and the last thing they need is another tall forward!

Big Mac

Quote from: kilbluff1985 on September 29, 2014, 05:39:33 PM

That's crazy - Petracca isn't that good. Maybe Pick 1 for Jacksch + Pick 4 but surely they're not stupid enough to add anything else?

Pkbaldy

Quote from: Big  Mac on September 29, 2014, 08:26:42 PM
Quote from: kilbluff1985 on September 29, 2014, 05:39:33 PM

That's crazy - Petracca isn't that good. Maybe Pick 1 for Jacksch + Pick 4 but surely they're not stupid enough to add anything else?

Clearly haven't seen to much on the kid. I was skeptical at first... But he is amazing. True star in the making.

Might as well make this an off season thread? Plenty of stuff for the Saints supporters to talk about during the off season.

Pkbaldy

Recruitment team talking about 2 youngsters in the Draft Combine.

Caleb Daniel a small forward and Caleb Marchbank a tall defender. Opposite ends of the spectrum, so it's good that we are looking at all types of players. I like the look at Daniel with topping the beep test and being so smart with the football.

http://www.saints.com.au/video/2014-10-03/recruiters-meeting-exclusive-access

Spinking

Starting to get mixed reports about the direction of Pick 1. Initially was hearing that it was very likely to go to GWS, now seems like it may not get done. Much as I like the look of Petracca I think I'd prefer we trade.

Pkbaldy

Quote from: Spinking on October 04, 2014, 07:52:33 PM
Starting to get mixed reports about the direction of Pick 1. Initially was hearing that it was very likely to go to GWS, now seems like it may not get done. Much as I like the look of Petracca I think I'd prefer we trade.

Only way i'd like us get rid of pick 1, is if we get a player 2-4 years into the game, key position forward and also get a half decent pick. Otherwise we get Petracca and built him into an absolute beast of a player.

Toga

Update from the AFL live feed:

11am: St Kilda sound very keen to offload their No.1 pick for the right player. Hard to see how that can move it on without a star player in return.

krk004

Spanner221