Holy Trinity post COVID-19

Started by Woppa15, February 09, 2020, 01:26:03 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Woppa15

And so it has begun.

After some initial shuffling here is my first line up for the season.

Def:
Stewart. Laird. Docherty. Roberton. Stercevich. Gould. (Rivers. Young.)

Aware Stewart has had a minor interruption to preseason with the groin but willing to wait and see. Obviously Roberton is a wait and see also.

Mid:
Macrae. Neale. Cripps. Dangerfield. Rowell. McHenry. Pickett. Hibberd. (Valente. Bytel. Mead.)

Would like to fit a keeper to M5 such as Bont or Oliver but just haven’t quite found a way yet. Hopefully once the rookie situation settles I’ll be able to swap some of the more expensive ones for cheaper options.

Ruck:
Grundy. Gawn. (Comben.)

Fwd:
Whitfield. Martin. Steven. Bonar. Hill. Cockatoo. (Rankine.  King.)

Steven is a toss of the coin with Greenwood I think, will wait to see how the pre season pans out. Or potentially M3 up to Heeney.

$340,000 in bank.
I feel I have 11 genuine keepers, 13 if Steven and Roberton work out. The number 1 ruck combo and some real genuine Captaincy options.

Ringo

Not the standard cookie cutter team a lot are using. Some risks but may pay off. Time to watch Marsh cup and see how rookies pan out,

Woppa15

Have I been too seduced by the Marsh series so far or is this reasonable, hard to see the forest from the trees after a while.....

$52,700 remaining.

Def:
Laird. Dawson. Docherty. Roberton. Young. Greaves. (Brander. Gould.)

Mid:
Macrae. Neale. Cripps. Danger. Oliver. Rowell. Green. Pickett. (Bytel. Close. Budarick.)

Ruck:
Grundy. Gawn. (Xerri.)

Fwd:
Whitfield. Macpherson. Steven. Hill. Sparrow. Cameron. (Rankine. King.)

Woppa15

I’m at a loss as what to do next. Perhaps Williams to Rivers. Roberton I see as a potential weakness but even if he only scores 60 will barely change in price. I suspect should Hill and Bennell score well they will enter my side round 3 but from there I’m not sure. Pretty happy with my premos.

So my round one team ended up looking as below. $37,600 in bank. Scored quite well 2,225 ranked 8,450. In all honesty probably scored better than I expected.

Laird. Docherty. Roberton. Noble. BZT. Brander. (Starvevich. Williams.)

Macrae. Neale. Cripps. Danger. Cogs. Rowell. Green. Pickett.
(McInerney. Robertson. Budarick.)

Grundy. Gawn. (Xerri.)

Whitfield. Martin. Petracca. Smith. Sturt. Cavarra. (Taylor. King.)