Main Menu

Melbourne 2016 pre-season

Started by Barra13, November 09, 2015, 12:07:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Big Mac

Is it possible Frost starts in the VFL?

I reckon we'll beat the Giants  :P Need to nullify Mumford though

Purple 77

I still think Melbourne is prone to its mental demons... such as self imposed pressure to meet expectations, resulting in a catastrophic failure and lose in dreadful fashion.

I fear it will emerge again in Round 1  :-\

Barra13

Quote from: Purple 77 on March 14, 2016, 12:53:07 PM
Quote from: Barra13 on March 14, 2016, 12:12:02 PM
That's about all I can say about the team. I probably shouldn't say it, but feeling quietly confident.  ;)

Utter, fool.

Hahaha

Barra13

Some good news though.

Brayshaw, Trengove, Petracca and Lumumba will all play VFL practice match this weekend. Which means all are pushing for Round 1 selection.

I'm slightly aroused...

Ziplock

Quote from: Purple 77 on March 14, 2016, 05:32:57 PM
I still think Melbourne is prone to its mental demons... such as self imposed pressure to meet expectations, resulting in a catastrophic failure and lose in dreadful fashion.

too bad the other teams don't struggle with the demons :P

Purple 77

Quote from: Ziplock on March 14, 2016, 08:52:17 PM
Quote from: Purple 77 on March 14, 2016, 05:32:57 PM

too bad the other teams don't struggle with the demons :P

Oomph, felt that one right in the chest  :-[  :P

Quote from: Barra13 on March 14, 2016, 08:42:28 PM
Some good news though.

Brayshaw, Trengove, Petracca and Lumumba will all play VFL practice match this weekend. Which means all are pushing for Round 1 selection.

I'm slightly aroused...

*drools* that is 3 top 3 draft picks and a premiership player.

BUT OMG SO HAPPY ABOUT TRENNERS!

Gigantor

Some good news though.

I'm slightly aroused...

Good news for the Dees!

Could this potentially push Bennedy out of the 22?

Purple 77

Quote from: Gigantor on March 14, 2016, 09:04:23 PM
Some good news though.

I'm slightly aroused...

Good news for the Dees!

Could this potentially push Bennedy out of the 22?

When Dunn, Vandenberg and Brayshaw come in (which IMO are all auto-selections), I think Bennedy is safe. Lumumba isn't necessarily in the 22 IMO either.

Petracca is the one that might do it though.

Purple 77

This is arguably the biggest load of bull shower I have ever read in my life

http://www.news.com.au/sport/afl/david-schwarz-says-jesse-hogans-poor-kicking-will-hurt-his-wallet/news-story/fdd44fb95fc8f0504f114a023fae5d06

Jesse had an off day. flower me, will the media always be like this with him? They're talking like he has played 40 ordinary games, but he just had one bad one, and he still kicked two goals  ???

Get back in your box Schwarz.

Big Mac

Laughed when I saw it

Jesse will kick 60.25 this year and Schwarz can feed him grapes during the offseason

LF

Hey Dees people,I am after some info on Ben Newton,how much longer is he out for and what are the odds of him breaking into the team once he is fit.
Just trying to work out my rookie list for Euros wondering whether we put him on it

Big Mac

Quote from: LF on March 15, 2016, 07:14:34 PM
Hey Dees people,I am after some info on Ben Newton,how much longer is he out for and what are the odds of him breaking into the team once he is fit.
Just trying to work out my rookie list for Euros wondering whether we put him on it

Would have to be getting close now, is still training in the rehab group though so would still need a few weeks of full training before actually playing. Isn't best 22 (in the 25-28 range imo) so would need injuries to break into the side

LF

Quote from: Big  Mac on March 15, 2016, 07:42:54 PM

Would have to be getting close now, is still training in the rehab group though so would still need a few weeks of full training before actually playing. Isn't best 22 (in the 25-28 range imo) so would need injuries to break into the side

Thanks Big Mac

Purple 77

Quote from: Big  Mac on March 15, 2016, 07:42:54 PM

Agreed. I even think now other potential suitors for his role in the team might have overtaken him ala Ben Kennedy, James Harmes, ANB, Stretch... but I like him all the same and hope he gets back in the team someday. I'd be surprised if he plays senior AFL football before the middle of the year personally.

Big Mac

Hogan's media interview today

"His accuracy was about 58% and mine's 69%, so I don't think I'll be going to him for advice," Jesse Hogan says about David Schwarz.