Self Control - trading under the influence

Started by brodman_18, April 24, 2010, 04:50:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

brodman_18

I have made 4 trades so far this year. Some for injuries some not. I was sitting at my computer lat night with a glass of single malt feeling a little more than tipsy when I saw that Hitchcock was not playing this week. I remembered that he had had an ordinary weekend and that Pods and Rock were on the bubble and could not stop myself from trading him.

Any techniques of self control to stop trades like this?

ossie85

Lol!

I think you should be able to take back your trades at anytime before lock out. That would stop it!

BratPack

Don't drink and Dream Team for a start :P

ELLsendon

gerco

Quote from: ossie85 on April 24, 2010, 04:52:16 AMI think you should be able to take back your trades at anytime before lock out. That would stop it!

That would be a very handy feature and would improve the usability of the site.

browny_wce

best thing is to have your mates DT passwords & do it to their teams haha
nah i know the temptation mate, had a few bevies last nite whilst watching the footy show and saw Moles wasnt getting a game, nearly locked in the TRADE for lucas (even though he was on a 7-man bench)
every week i just wana trade
u need to make up a 2nd DT now that u dont care about n do ur trades there

Chappy35

thumbs up for the single malt.  have 4 supercoach teams so you can trade in them instead and take your dream team serious

brodman_18

LOL so I haven't invented drink trading, its been around for a while. Up there with drink texting. Wake up in the morning and wish you hadn't done it. I've got a SC team that I haven't used trades in but Don't worry as much about my DT injuries later in the season.

PowerMan

lol.

Don't go to your computer of a night,

set up a tent in you backyard and camp out if you've been drinking!

korza

Did you feel good after your you hit the trade button

Justin Bieber

Quote from: Chappy35 on April 24, 2010, 05:01:56 AM
thumbs up for the single malt.  have 4 supercoach teams so you can trade in them instead and take your dream team serious
2 too many? ;D can understand 2 with 1 for all those trades but 4!!!!! ;D

Brodman, have you considered not going on dt during the week (except to check the scores from the round before). Only on Thursday/Friday. Thats what i do and only down 1 trade in dt :D

brodman_18

Nah its usually not a problem..... begining to think alcoholism may be the issue at play here... LOL. Don't have any desire to trade at all this week. We need drink traders anonymous.

elephants

*sigh* i have used 4 trades already and i have a plan that involves using double trades the next two weeks in a row. now im only 15 so i dont drink and i try not to go on dt but when your girlfriend dumps you over myspace it hurts and dt seems to be a good neutralizer of my anguish

elxam

just saw my father in law off with Brunei airline last night.
they don't serve alcohol on their flight at all!
talking about taking a high without the grog!

elephants

haha nice elxam

what no alcohol???????????????????????????????????????????????