FF TRAGICS DT 2022 - all spots left - GET IN THERE!

Started by j959, March 10, 2014, 04:03:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

nas

Grazz

Under 18 they can contact them to seek permission or not. I thought I saw someone post that was an option for them.

j959

Quote from: Grazz on February 23, 2016, 07:57:58 PM
Under 18 they can contact them to seek permission or not. I thought I saw someone post that was an option for them.
well I submitted an online query just enquiring about the rationale/reason for this ... i'm just curious - hopefully they come back with this sort of option??

Torps - i'm still keeping your spot open for now ...  ;)

upthemaidens

Quote from: j959 on February 23, 2016, 08:31:16 PM
well I submitted an online query just enquiring about the rationale/reason for this ... i'm just curious - hopefully they come back with this sort of option??

It will likely be because they are offering daily fantasy games, which will have a buy-in and that would fall under gambling type rules.
    ...I don't know for sure, just guessing that's the reason.

Grazz

Quote from: upthemaidens on February 23, 2016, 08:39:05 PM
Quote from: j959 on February 23, 2016, 08:31:16 PM

It will likely be because they are offering daily fantasy games, which will have a buy-in and that would fall under gambling type rules.
    ...I don't know for sure, just guessing that's the reason.

Yep if there's gambling then it would be 18+ no exceptions.

fanTCfool

Sorry to sidetrack this thread a little, but has anyone got a link about minors asking for permission to play or something?

Grazz

Pkbaldy

Under 18s amount to about 20-25% of fantasy players.... Which is an absolute DISMAL effort to make it an 18+ game.

Football Factory

All they care about is making money these days (fantasy comps) soon we will be charged for breathing air  :-X

j959

ok, so this is what I got back in response ...

Hi Jason,

Thank you for your email.

Unfortunately due to the fact that we are launching paid daily and weekly fantasy sports games within the network, we've had to make the very difficult decision to restrict all of the products to over 18s only. Due to the nature of those games, they are classified as wagering products and can only be provided to over 18s. While the original season game does not carry this classification, the games all operate under the same brand and website - and therefore Australian laws prevent us from promoting these games on the same platform if we have under 18s involved. 

Kind regards,

Dream Team - AFL Support

I know how you feel FF, but look - they're a commercial venture - ie they sometimes have to find revenue streams from somewhere.

DT is a free game (albeit now if you're o/18yrs) with cash prizes so bit hard to complain about a corporate entity/commercial venture trying to make money that's above board ...

Quote from: fanTCfool on February 23, 2016, 09:48:35 PM
Sorry to sidetrack this thread a little, but has anyone got a link about minors asking for permission to play or something?
yeah, I thought I read something about this somewhere??
i'm guessing if a parent/guardian gave their ok you might get a waiver of some sort??

Football Factory

I understand aswell, just really annoying. I understand they are not connected with one of the more professional sites like Herald Sun and the AFL site and probably need to do this to be able to run it, I just struggle to come to terms with paying for Fantasy games. I remember when it was in the newspaper and you had to mail them your team and you had to mail them your trades aswell, I guess that's kind of paying for it aswell as stamps were not free  :-\

You don't work for them do you  :D   :-X

j959

Quote from: Football Factory on February 24, 2016, 04:43:59 PM
I understand aswell, just really annoying. I understand they are not connected with one of the more professional sites like Herald Sun and the AFL site and probably need to do this to be able to run it, I just struggle to come to terms with paying for Fantasy games. I remember when it was in the newspaper and you had to mail them your team and you had to mail them your trades aswell, I guess that's kind of paying for it aswell as stamps were not free  :-\

ha, ha - no mate, full disclosure here ...  ;)

I thought SC and RDT are produced by the same team (vapour/vapor media)??   ??? 

Football Factory

Quote from: j959 on February 24, 2016, 04:48:46 PM
Quote from: Football Factory on February 24, 2016, 04:43:59 PM

ha, ha - no mate, full disclosure here ...  ;)

I thought SC and RDT are produced by the same team (vapour/vapor media)??   ???

So what your saying is ..Supercoach is not run by Heraldsun but by Vapour Media ?

Or does Vapour Media run the Heraldsun ?

Or Vapour Media runs the Heraldsun who runs Supercoach ?

LOL .. if infact this is the case then I guess someone that worked for them would know  :P   ;D

Sportsdeck Dreamteam (virtual sports?) could be run by Vapour Media, I wouldn't know, not something I have ever looked into.