Pre-season friendlies?

Started by Ziplock, February 26, 2013, 08:08:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ziplock

Quote from: JBs-Hawks on March 10, 2013, 02:09:57 PM
Quote from: Ziplock on March 10, 2013, 02:05:54 PM
Quote from: whatlez on March 10, 2013, 01:07:41 PM
Zip your team Is shower. Most overrated side in the comp.
it's nab cup.

and my captain got injured and subbed on 4 points.

also, I had (6?) players in the geelong/ north game... it was 38 degrees then and both teams were rotating extremely heavily with the extra IC... the highest score in the entire game was 88, and that's with 90-100+ players like stevie J, chapman, swallow, wells, kelly, selwood all playing. I had 2 late withdrawals, my mid and my mid emergency, and three subbed players (tbh, I saw goodes  coming... I was just hoping he could rack up enough against GC before he got subbed :P )

I'm not that surprised with my score :P

you've always got an excuse havent you :P

was anything I said untrue?

lets face it, having your captain score 4 points pretty much guarentees you won't win against a decent opponent.

once again though, it's the pre-season comp. Are people calling sydney and hawthorn overrated?

(actually some people are, but they're idiots, so.... )

Holz

Quote from: Ziplock on March 10, 2013, 02:15:56 PM
Quote from: JBs-Hawks on March 10, 2013, 02:09:57 PM
Quote from: Ziplock on March 10, 2013, 02:05:54 PM
Quote from: whatlez on March 10, 2013, 01:07:41 PM
Zip your team Is shower. Most overrated side in the comp.
it's nab cup.

and my captain got injured and subbed on 4 points.

also, I had (6?) players in the geelong/ north game... it was 38 degrees then and both teams were rotating extremely heavily with the extra IC... the highest score in the entire game was 88, and that's with 90-100+ players like stevie J, chapman, swallow, wells, kelly, selwood all playing. I had 2 late withdrawals, my mid and my mid emergency, and three subbed players (tbh, I saw goodes  coming... I was just hoping he could rack up enough against GC before he got subbed :P )

I'm not that surprised with my score :P

you've always got an excuse havent you :P

was anything I said untrue?

lets face it, having your captain score 4 points pretty much guarentees you won't win against a decent opponent.

once again though, it's the pre-season comp. Are people calling sydney and hawthorn overrated?

(actually some people are, but they're idiots, so.... )

I call Sydney overrated, will struggle for top 4 in my opinion.

Nails

Come on Holz, everyone knows North are most overrated team in the AFL, and not that many people rate them, so that says a lot.

Holz

Quote from: Nails on March 10, 2013, 02:28:02 PM
Come on Holz, everyone knows North are most overrated team in the AFL, and not that many people rate them, so that says a lot.

North are always underrated, nearly every season they outperform their predicted ladder position. No clue how you can say overrated, I would say most underrated team in the comp.

went tipped to make finals, last year made finals. I have seen them put in the 9-12 bracket this year. I wouldn't could that overrated unless we finish 13 or lower.

elephants

How did this all start? Lez saying Zips team is overrated?

I dont think anyone actually rates Zip team in the first place :P

Justin Bieber

The Lions are super underrated. All these spuds on TV don't know that Martin and my 'Boomer' Moloney haha have made this team better.

Watch out for the Lions.

Memphistopheles

Quote from: whatlez on March 10, 2013, 03:34:16 PM
The Lions are super underrated. All these spuds on TV don't know that Martin and my 'Boomer' Moloney haha have made this team better.

Watch out for the Lions.

Why thank you Lez. I'm sure we will cause a few upsets this season :P

Although not if we score like we did on the weekend. What a woeful performance. A lot of bench players outscored the starters.

Our score as follows:

B  Shaun Atley 34, Sam Butler 20, Michael Hibberd 96, Andy Otten (dnp)

M  Dayne Beams (C) 156, Luke Shuey 72, Matt Wright (VC) 40, Jack Steven 73

R  Zac Smith 15

F  Matt de Boer 70, Jeremy Howe 44, Scott Lycett 8, Jason Porplyzia 55

U  Jesse Lonergan 42, Michael Hurley 43

Emerg: Ben Kennedy (M) 73, Elliot Yeo (D) 41, Tom Campbell (R) 41, Sam Day (F) 51.

Total = 809.

Holz

bad luck bison's with suckers going down, you just hate seeing that happen. Will make it hard to win the cup this year despite the best forward line in the comp.

prepare for offers in the off season.

Justin Bieber

Good I didn't try and get Suckling off them. I did say I do not rate Suckling no thanks, but apparently everyone else wanted a slice of the Suckling cake. Maybe selling him would of been the best option.

Oh well...

CrowsFan

Yeah a bit of bad luck there! The bashers were really keen on him so perhaps should have traded...

elephants

Yep we were extremely keen! Looks like we dodged a bullet there.

Poor Suckers :-\ Poor Bison :-\ Bad luck all round.

Quote from: Holzman on March 10, 2013, 08:34:19 PM
bad luck bison's with suckers going down, you just hate seeing that happen. Will make it hard to win the cup this year despite the best forward line in the comp.

When you say next off-season you mean the next trade period after this season is over, right? :)

Holz

Quote from: elephants on March 10, 2013, 09:55:31 PM

When you say next off-season you mean the next trade period after this season is over, right? :)

yeah, with goddard and gibbs likely losing dpp i need backs.

Nails

Are there results from the matches we just played anywhere? Can't see them.

elephants

Quote from: Holzman on March 10, 2013, 10:47:13 PM
Quote from: elephants on March 10, 2013, 09:55:31 PM

yeah, with goddard and gibbs likely losing dpp i need backs.

Ahh yeah true. Think our fwds could be in strife with Daisy and Robbo (Cyril should keep it) and Pav's impending retirement (should get 2-3 years outta him hopefully).

Confident that Birch, Houli and Reilly will keep dpp but Stanner is a weird one. Seems to play everywhere!?

Ahhh, love trading ;D

elephants

Bashers 106 def Sons 90

Bison 103 def Valkyries 76

Eagles 106 def Polar Bears 95

Metal 99 (your welcome Nails) def Roulettes 96

Bison vs Eagles

Metal vs Bashers