Main Menu

Survivor 34: Game Changers

Started by jvalles69, February 27, 2017, 08:52:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jvalles69

Season 34 starts next week.  Chat about it in here, and if anyones keen I've tried out a fantasy league for Survivor!  ;D

Tribe name: Fan Footy
Password: jeff

Each week you have to enter your picks for something similar to this:

Categories  (see rules for clarification)
     1. Reward: Which Survivor will win or help participate in winning the Reward Challenge, if any.
     2. Immunity: Which Survivor will win or help participate in winning the Immunity Challenge, if any.
     3. Voted Off: Which Survivor will be voted off of their Tribe (or leave the show).
     4. Safe: Which Survivor will NOT leave the game.
     5. Mystery: See Question Below

Mystery Question
Who will go to Tribal Council, but NOT receive a vote?

Spite

Haha I am so pumped! I did a fantasy draft league for it with mates.

http://www.fantasizr.com/

For anyone that wants to play. Offline draft still takes a very short amount of time and theres a cool scoring system.

Grufflez

I watched some of the early seasons like the Amazon, they were good.

I honestly can't watch ''Survivor'' now without nearly throwing up, gabfest 34 it should be renamed.
No spear fishing, no climbing coconut tress, no wandering and exploring for food because people might get hurt or sick.
I think they must of quietly settled some law suits after people got injuries like that tiny shark bite and really sick from drinking filthy water ect.because they do no surviving at all, it's just eating rice for a few days until the next ''steak and chips + burger with the lot challenge".

These are the kindest words i can find to say about the last 75% of Survivor seasons.

Spite

Quote from: Grufflez on March 05, 2017, 07:12:46 PM
I watched some of the early seasons like the Amazon, they were good.

I honestly can't watch ''Survivor'' now without nearly throwing up, gabfest 34 it should be renamed.
No spear fishing, no climbing coconut tress, no wandering and exploring for food because people might get hurt or sick.
I think they must of quietly settled some law suits after people got injuries like that tiny shark bite and really sick from drinking filthy water ect.because they do no surviving at all, it's just eating rice for a few days until the next ''steak and chips + burger with the lot challenge".

These are the kindest words i can find to say about the last 75% of Survivor seasons.

Survivor is a strategy game, not a game of survival. That's what you have to understand or you won't enjoy it. (Or you won't enjoy it because by the sounds of it, you just like the hunting and challenges #teamRupertamirite)

No spear fishing = ozzy on this season is one of the games best fisherman
No climbing trees = Tai literally got all bloody from climbing a tree just a few seasons ago
No wandering and exploring = Tony literally found a super idol with no clues and built a 'spy shack'

Season 34 has all the players you want on it, you can call it a gabfest but to actual survivor fans, it is pretty clear you don't know what you're talking about man.

PS did you like Rob from survivor Amazon? My gf did a podcast with him the other day about Debbie, I can link it to you if want to listen to like an hour of strategy talk!

Jukes

That's bad luck because the Ozzy+Debbie podcast was one of the few previews I skipped :P I even chose Ciera and Culpepper over it! Good to see we are both two degrees of separation from Rob though, for you it's Rob->wife->you, and for me it's Rob -> guy he does a Seinfeld podcast with -> am a heavy contributor to this guy's football podcast (and have written into the Seinfeld podcast before!

But yeah it you want survival go and watch one of Bear Grylls' shows, they're great but Survivor is the greatest reality show on earth because of the strategy and the characters. I'm actually really really hyped for game changers, should be an awesome season full of fantastic characters. Go Aubae though of course!

jvalles69

My early tip is Aubrey for the win.

Spite

Quote from: Jukes on March 07, 2017, 02:10:49 AM
That's bad luck because the Ozzy+Debbie podcast was one of the few previews I skipped :P I even chose Ciera and Culpepper over it! Good to see we are both two degrees of separation from Rob though, for you it's Rob->wife->you, and for me it's Rob -> guy he does a Seinfeld podcast with -> am a heavy contributor to this guy's football podcast (and have written into the Seinfeld podcast before!

Go listen, fast forward Ozzy lol. Her podcast was rated as one of the top 3 game changer ones! Sucks it had to be on Debbie though lol. Or just go find her song at the end because she's going to have to do a showdown with Wigler now  :P

I MET ADAM LAST NIGHT (S33 Winner). Was pretty cool  8)  :)

Kylie from Survivor Aus was super nice as well...

kilbluff1985

Jukes

Spoilers

poor Tony ;_; at least it wasn't Aubae though! Definitely liking JT, Hali, and Malcolm too so far, plus Sandra of course you just can't hate her

RaisyDaisy

Enjoyed last night

Thought Malcolm was going to pull off an epic comeback there

Tony was pretty douchey but how the hell do people constantly follow Sandra? Surely you'd go for the 2 x winner

kilbluff1985

yeah this season gonna be good

jvalles69

Quote from: RaisyDaisy on March 10, 2017, 09:12:45 AM
Enjoyed last night

Thought Malcolm was going to pull off an epic comeback there

Tony was pretty douchey but how the hell do people constantly follow Sandra? Surely you'd go for the 2 x winner

Agreed, she is a super manipulator...they portrayed her as quite villainous I thought...well I didn't like her after that episode.  Calling herself out as the "Queen" prob won't sit well with the other girls.

kilbluff1985

she is right though nobody would let her win 3 times so why wouldnt u want to go to the end with her

Nige

Haven't commented about this yet, but I'm always excited for a new season of Survivor. This could be a long post, so I'll break it down.

The theme/Game Changers: Basically, it's no secret on how they name seasons and all that. It should be interesting to see how much they try to tie the name into the season like they have in the past (think WA, BvBvB2 MvGX), they're really emphasising it lately. Probst loves to make a big deal of it.

The cast: I'm interested in about 75% of the cast. Debbie, SDT, Ozzy, Troyzan and Caleb don't interest me. I'm fine with the rest. Like I'm not a huge fan of Sandra, Culpepper or Hali for example, but I'm interested enough to see what they bring to the season.

The season so far: Pretty indifferent to the start of the season. I'm not liking the direction of it at the moment, but there's plenty of time for that to change. Tony leaving early sucked, but he brought in upon himself, it won't tarnish his legacy that much either imo. Sandra should be gone already, they're crazy leaving her around, she won't go far though. I daresay she'll get ousted before the merge. In the incredibly unlikely event she gets to the end though, you have to give her the third million, there's no way it should be allowed to happen so a miracle should be rewarded. She's doomed, and so is JT as a former winner.

The future: I think there's a good chance that the players not so big will go far. Think your Culpepper and Sarah types. I'd love to see an Aubry or a Cirie somehow pull off a win, but it just won't happen surely.

Other thoughts: Really happy to see Andrea and Varner back. I've got a terrible feeling the latter won't make the merge again, but I'll pray so damn hard.

Preview for the next ep looks interesting, plus the swap already should spice things up. Hype!

Jukes

Caleb and his heavy strategic, game changing gameplay will be sorely missed...not really

Geez the tribe swap turned out great and bad. This new Nuku tribe is almost GOAT (Aubae, JT, Malc, Varner, and Sandra! And Michaela is alright too), I'd only have the original villains tribe ahead of it - Russell! Parvarti <3! Dragon Slayer <3! Tyson, Jerri, Sandra, Boston Rob! Danielle DeLorenzo!

Then on the other hand we have the Mana tribe, basically the people that everybody called non-game changers - Caleb, Hali, SDT, Tai, Debbie, and Brad (although Brad has been great so far). Then Tavua are in the middle with a few game changers/likable characters but not that out-of-this-world.

That challenge idol scene was great, good on you Troyzan!

Really good episode overall, next week looks great too.