Moloney leaves Demons

Started by Ricochet, September 04, 2012, 03:24:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ricochet

Sounds like they're having a clean out down at Melbourne.

http://www.afl.com.au/news/newsarticle/tabid/208/newsid/146715/default.aspx

"MELBOURNE and its 2011 club champion Brent Moloney have agreed to part ways. "

"The 28-year-old Moloney met with the club on Monday for his post-season review and it was agreed that he should be free to explore free agency opportunities."

Will be very cheap next year and has averaged high 80s in the past.

kilbluff1985

Bombers better get him sick of us doing nothing

KoopKicka

Toga

You'd think he could be a decent pick up next year, is he listed as a mid?

Adamant

Could be a decent pick-up depending on price.

Ajax22

If a pure mid then probably not. There should be enough good rookies in the midfield that will be cheaper and have the potential to score similarly.

Toga

Quote from: Ajax22 on September 04, 2012, 06:10:12 PM
If a pure mid then probably not. There should be enough good rookies in the midfield that will be cheaper and have the potential to score similarly.

Yeah I agree, there's already gonna be a plethora of rooks a mid pricers available, gotta fit swanny and gaj in there somewhere! :P

Any chance on him picking up DPP?

Kellogscrunchynut

Can't see him getting DPP nor can I see him in my team due to that.

MLS

Will be priced around $300k.

Might be a bit expensive to take the risk on, however if he goes to a solid club where he can get a bit more outside ball he might come into considerations.

Zombie2.5

Probably won't be worth it. He could always stink it up, and he has had some very bad games. A rookie would be better for most likely a much cheaper price. Just won't fit in any team structure, as most teams could easily go 3 premo, 3 rook!

MLS

Quote from: Zombie2.5 on September 04, 2012, 07:16:08 PM
Probably won't be worth it. He could always stink it up, and he has had some very bad games. A rookie would be better for most likely a much cheaper price. Just won't fit in any team structure, as most teams could easily go 3 premo, 3 rook!

This is true. I think he had no stats in a half of footy when Melbourne were smashed at Geelong last year.

Justin Bieber

rowshow

hopefully comes to sydney so we can polish up another unwanted gem

DT Gun

he will be good for an 80-90 average at his new club

jabroni