Deledio as POD anybody?

Started by Password is Taco, August 01, 2017, 05:46:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Password is Taco

What are peoples thoughts on Deledio as a POD for last 4 weeks?  Currently sitting 78th overall and have failed to make up any ground since the byes.  Deledio would be a clear POD and with the lack of solid forward options, I might roll the dice with him.  Worried about his time on ground, his calves holding up and his points scoring potential at GWS given no GWS player seems to be able to average 3 figures.  Only other forward I'd consider is Ryder.  Team is currently as follows with 2 trades and 181k cash, so can go Greenwood to Ryder or Deledio with 1 trade.

Backs: Docherty Laird Lloyd Hibberd Adams Shaw Johannisen Ryan
Mids: Danger Titchell Oliver Heppell Fyfe Treloar Bont Sloane Mountford Bolton Cousins
Rucks: Martin Gawn Strnadica
Fwds: Macrae Yeo Dahlhaus Franklin Heeney Nankervis Greenwood Eddy

whynot102

With your ranking definitely Ryder

Torpedo10

Wouldn't you rather get a premium midfielder in, to cover Danger this week and Loophole with Sloane in the future?

RaisyDaisy

Nank to Ryder would net you a big gain

Mountford to a still very cheap Jelwood would be very good too

Torpedo10

Quote from: RaisyDaisy on August 01, 2017, 06:39:31 PM
Nank to Ryder would net you a big gain

Mountford to a still very cheap Jelwood would be very good too
This would be my suggestion.

Soldo comes out of the Tigers' side and Nank goes back to a 90+ average IMHO.

Password is Taco

Yeh thanks guys, I've considered all those things actually.  I cannot afford Jelwood from Mountford tho - best I could get is Shuey or of course Rockliff if he ever turns things around.  I missed the boat on Beams.  If Soldo comes out and I can rely on Nank, I could trade Greenwood for a mid & get anyone below Dusty, would probably opt for Neale.

I also don't like the idea of loopholing mids like Sloane etc cos he can so easily burn you with a 170.  I like loopholing the forwards/defenders more for this reason.  I'd rather trade greenwood and leave nank as cover for mids/rucks/fwds.

SilverLion

Macrae,Yeo, Ryder, Heeney, Dahl with Nank/Higgins/Lynch/Greenwood etc. rotating through F6 is pretty much what you need at this point if going for overall. If you have the first 5, only then should you consider Lids IMO.

Bully

Quote from: SilverLion on August 02, 2017, 02:56:21 PM
Macrae,Yeo, Ryder, Heeney, Dahl with Nank/Higgins/Lynch/Greenwood etc. rotating through F6 is pretty much what you need at this point if going for overall. If you have the first 5, only then should you consider Lids IMO.

Dahl has been rubbish lately.

dylanclements

I like it, but it's definitely boom or bust - surely he's every chance of getting a rest in the last rd. of home and away, silly as that sounds. Having endorsed it, I should point out that I'm probably 0 from 109 million predictions this season  8)

Peter

Very big risk with his history of injuries and only couple of games under his belt

Password is Taco

Yeh this is my whole point tho - I need to take a risk with just 4 weeks to go.  Ryder is a much safer option and comes with a much higher probability of playing all games and scoring better.  However, if Ryder goes well I don't move up the rankings so much due to his high ownership (esp with Witts now injured).  On the flip side, I'm guessing I'd be the only coach in the top 100 with Deledio, so if he goes well I move up.  All said and done I'll probably just go Ryder as I've all but given up on top 10 now.

no eye deer

Quote from: Password is Taco on August 03, 2017, 02:09:31 PM
Yeh this is my whole point tho - I need to take a risk with just 4 weeks to go.  Ryder is a much safer option and comes with a much higher probability of playing all games and scoring better.  However, if Ryder goes well I don't move up the rankings so much due to his high ownership (esp with Witts now injured).  On the flip side, I'm guessing I'd be the only coach in the top 100 with Deledio, so if he goes well I move up.  All said and done I'll probably just go Ryder as I've all but given up on top 10 now.

The problem lies in the fact that not only do you need Lids to fire, you also need Ryder or another popular gun you don't have to all of a sudden lose form or get injured. Very unlikely for both to happen.

quinny88

I'm hoping Lids has a real slow start so he is nice and cheap next year

Peter

Going into our finals hoping a player fires? No way