Main Menu

Fyfe out of contract

Started by aussied, May 17, 2014, 09:09:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ricochet

Quote from: tabs on May 21, 2014, 03:01:19 PM
Quote from: SydneyRox on May 21, 2014, 10:40:43 AM
i cant see Fyfe moving he is a WA boy (good aquinas boy!) he is most likely to take the mantle from Pav as the greatest Docker and build a legacy in WA.
Good point plus Pav wouldnt have many years left in hiom so they could give Fyfe some of that money to make him stay as well
Yeh we already have bucketloads of room in the salary cap after trying to secure a big name over the last few years and not succeeding. Sandi and Pav already have most of their salaries outside the cap as they are veterans and pretty sure McPharlin and Mundy are getting to the point where some of their's can be excluded from the cap. We have the money to rival any offer, he is from WA, in a strong team heading in the right path. He won't go unless he is unhappy with those around him, which I highly doubt.

Capper

Quote from: Ricochet on May 21, 2014, 03:08:22 PM
i cant see Fyfe moving he is a WA boy (good aquinas boy!) he is most likely to take the mantle from Pav as the greatest Docker and build a legacy in WA.
Good point plus Pav wouldnt have many years left in hiom so they could give Fyfe some of that money to make him stay as well
Yeh we already have bucketloads of room in the salary cap after trying to secure a big name over the last few years and not succeeding. Sandi and Pav already have most of their salaries outside the cap as they are veterans and pretty sure McPharlin and Mundy are getting to the point where some of their's can be excluded from the cap. We have the money to rival any offer, he is from WA, in a strong team heading in the right path. He won't go unless he is unhappy with those around him, which I highly doubt.
You can only have 2 vetrans per team and some of their salary is outside the cap. For McPharlin or Mundy to count then Pav or Sandi would have to move on

Ricochet

Quote from: tabs on May 21, 2014, 03:12:27 PM
Quote from: Ricochet on May 21, 2014, 03:08:22 PM
You can only have 2 vetrans per team and some of their salary is outside the cap. For McPharlin or Mundy to count then Pav or Sandi would have to move on
Are you sure? I have read all can contribute to the salary cap exclusions. Even so, we have the money.

valkorum

Thats the old rules.  The rules have changed, you can have as many veterans as you like but they only discount a little over $100k per veteran.

The old rules was 2 nominated veterans and only half of their salary is counted in the TPP - hence why Sandi and Pav got big money backended deals.

Mailman the 2nd

It's much too difficult to speculate whether Melbourne or Freo have/don't have the money to facilitate or stop any particular move.

Club finances are pretty much completely under wraps and clubs that are smart can do deals like Tippett + Franklin without completely destroying the rest of the team whereas other clubs couldn't facilitate even one of them.

I personally think that there are other players Melbourne can target. Get 2 or 3 less well-known players that a still willing to work hard and try to mould them into future stars of the club

Capper

Quote from: valkorum on May 21, 2014, 03:20:34 PM

Thats the old rules.  The rules have changed, you can have as many veterans as you like but they only discount a little over $100k per veteran.

The old rules was 2 nominated veterans and only half of their salary is counted in the TPP - hence why Sandi and Pav got big money backended deals.
So pretty much clubs would be sillly not to put any player who has played 10 years on the vets list

http://www.afl.com.au/afl-hq/the-afl-explained/veteran-players

tbagrocks

Seeing all of this I just wonder if, Nat would rather be playing a more "Geelong" style football than the "Ross Lyon" brand, recon he might feel he can offer a whole heap more elsewhere and maybe he would enjoy it more? Just maybe :P