Main Menu

Fyfe out of contract

Started by aussied, May 17, 2014, 09:09:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

aussied

any one else think that if enough cash was offered that fyfe is a good possibility for melbourne?

Purple 77

Quote from: aussied on May 17, 2014, 09:09:40 PM
any one else think that if enough cash was offered that fyfe is a good possibility for melbourne?

I give it a thought most days  :P

Take our money Fyfe. Take our top draft pick freo. Hell, take Toumpas as well.

I would pretty much give everything for Fyfe. But I don't reckon it will happen. Still, would love Melbourne to at least make a genuine play for him, even if there was no chance.

kilbluff1985

i would seriously offer him 10 for 10

Capper

I dont see him moving with the squad Freo have atm. Mind you if Freo win this year he may well go

Toga

I could see it more likely to happen if he was a vic boy himself but as a born & bred WA kid I'm not sure I can see him leaving.

Might as well throw some big $$ at him though and see what comes of it, would be a huge signing!

Ricochet

ossie85

You would have to trade for him, what would you offer?

Ziplock

Probably just their 1st+ 2nd round pick- fyfe can always walk into the PSD afterall.

ossie85

Quote from: Ziplock on May 18, 2014, 02:47:08 PM
Probably just their 1st+ 2nd round pick- fyfe can always walk into the PSD afterall.

I doubt he'd leave freo with nothing,  and Brisbane would be able to afford him

Vinny

Man, I'd love to have him at Carlton, such a gun.

But considering we are paying that Daisy guy about 700k, we'd have to pay Fyfe 5 million a year.

Ziplock

Quote from: ossie85 on May 18, 2014, 03:14:00 PM
Quote from: Ziplock on May 18, 2014, 02:47:08 PM

I doubt he'd leave freo with nothing,  and Brisbane would be able to afford him

Clubs are pretty reluctant to take players who've specified they want to go elsewhere.

MTTY

Quote from: ossie85 on May 18, 2014, 02:33:07 PM
You would have to trade for him, what would you offer?

Word is Jesse Hogan and a pick. I personally wouldn't offer that for Fyfe.

Purple 77

First Pick, Sam Blease, James Strauss and Luke Tapscott.

That way, freo get a high draft pick, and then they can have a go a trying to make good players out of those high draft picks.

I've especially lost patience with Blease and Strauss.

SydneyRox

i cant see Fyfe moving he is a WA boy (good aquinas boy!) he is most likely to take the mantle from Pav as the greatest Docker and build a legacy in WA.

Capper

Quote from: SydneyRox on May 21, 2014, 10:40:43 AM
i cant see Fyfe moving he is a WA boy (good aquinas boy!) he is most likely to take the mantle from Pav as the greatest Docker and build a legacy in WA.
Good point plus Pav wouldnt have many years left in hiom so they could give Fyfe some of that money to make him stay as well