Main Menu

Picks 1 & 2 & 11 & 18

Started by 2Fat2Old, November 27, 2009, 12:56:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

2Fat2Old

1 Melbourne - Tom Scully
Melbourne do what they are told, picking Scully and Trengove. At least they will definitely be better than McLean and Sylvia, who were high picks in a draft together a few years back. Scully seems to be the opposite of McLean and Sylvia, which is a great thing for Melbourne.

2 Melbourne - Jack Trengove
Melbourne have improved their midfield, but maybe they should have taken the Power offer of picks 8 and 9, there has to be a worry at Melbourne that Trengove will leave in a couple of years.

2Fat2Old

Pick 11 Melbourne - Jordan Gysberts
Melbourne must be crazy, three onballers in a row.

2Fat2Old

Pick 18 Melbourne - Luke Tapscott
Melbourne have not just lot the plot, they never had it to begin with. A team doesn't win with a bunch of midfielders and few quality talls down either end of the ground. Tapscott is a good prospect, just not the right player for Melbourne after drafting onballers early.

Prospector_1

They just want picks 1 & 2 again next year!

BradStar

big list change in the midfield i think

nas

Prossy surely you're not suggesting a word that carries on from Sherman re Melbourne are you?

Anyway remember the GCFC have first picks.

hibbo

They were probably hoping Butcher dropped to number 11. Once he was gone, the quality KPP's dried up.

Kangamagic

I dont see anything wrong with Melbourne getting 3 midfielders in a row - the game is changing all the time. You take the Bulldogs for instance been a good team for the past couple of years and made the finals past couple and they lacked a tall forward option.
So all i am saying is that you can play the game without a tall forward to kick a winning score by having quality midfielders in your team just like the bulldogs have and thats what the Demons have done which i dont think is a bad thing.
They already have Jack Watts who has put on 9kg already but still needs to put on more muscle. Their smalls forwards Austin Woona and Liam Jurrah who are exciting forward options Sylvia has been playing forward Brad Miller, and dont forget Brad Green use to be a key forward early on in his career and they may switch him back there as a leading forward to kick too.
I think Melbourne will be okay next year and in a good position for the next few years!

Cheers Magic

Pav29

Trengrove has started the season a lot better then scully. Personally I think that No.1 Never goes that great at the start. I Think its all the pressure.

Master Q

Quote from: Pav29 on May 01, 2010, 10:41:32 AM
Trengrove has started the season a lot better then scully. Personally I think that No.1 Never goes that great at the start. I Think its all the pressure.
Murphy? Gibbs? Krooze? ;)

Justin Bieber

Quote from: Master Q on May 01, 2010, 10:53:54 AM
Quote from: Pav29 on May 01, 2010, 10:41:32 AM
Murphy? Gibbs? Krooze? ;)
Watts? ;D But he is a KPP compared to the other 3.

hawkem

Quote from: 2Fat2Old on November 27, 2009, 01:07:28 PM
Pick 18 Melbourne - Luke Tapscott
Melbourne have not just lot the plot, they never had it to begin with. A team doesn't win with a bunch of midfielders and few quality talls down either end of the ground. Tapscott is a good prospect, just not the right player for Melbourne after drafting onballers early.

Geelong?... plus we have wornock, frawley as proven talls with watss and garland as potential talents (and we have now drafted gawn and fitzpatrick and hold out hope with martin) plenty of forward options to go with jarrah and wonna ect.

Jugganauts

The first step to building a succesful team starts at the midfield, they are the ones that will be getting the first touch on the ball and delievring it to your forwards. Melbourne have done the right thing and have picked 4 players that could be at that club for a long time. Sculy, Trengrove, Gysberts, Tapscott, Mcdonald, Green/Bruce in the centre. Watts, Petterd, Miller, Wonermirri, Jurrah up front, Warnock, Frawley, Grimes, Mcdonald, Davey down back seems they are finally getting a good team togethor

Master Q

RyanV22

Jamar has been playing good footy. Need a number 2 ruckman.