Main Menu

Robbo lifeline

Started by 2Fat2Old, August 28, 2009, 11:29:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

2Fat2Old

ALL FOOTY MAGAZINE: A Destination For Robertson
Brisbane?

The Lions have two great forwards, but need another option. Robertson would be cheap, to acquire and to pay, and could be very useful in a role as a secondary target behind Brown and Bradshaw.

The Lions have already acquired one old Melbourne player, Johnstone. Last year, they should have acquired another, Jeff White. Might as well get Robertson now.

Bradshaw does get a few injuries, so a bit of extra depth for the Lions won't hurt. The Tasmanian Acorn, Aaron Cornelius, has potential and Rockliff has the skills too but right now they are not ready, and they can continue to develop next year without any pressure if Robertson is there.

Melbourne say they will happily get Robertson to a new club, maybe that means pick 100 in the draft for him, or Melbourne may find someone at Brisbane who is also looking to leave, but a much younger prospect.

The two clubs could also come up with a bigger trade, maybe Charman, Selwood and Tyler go to Melbourne with Robertson, Petterd and Spencer going to Brisbane.

Carlton is another option, and now that they are competing in finals they can afford to add a veteran or two to fill a hole. Right now, their forward line is really only the one player, so adding another option makes sense.

Geelong have problems up forward, several of their regular forwards don't want to kick for goal, and if they do they are sometimes inaccurate. Robertson would not mind being somewhere that asks him to kick at goal every time he has the ball.

Hawthorn, they thought they had forward depth but many injuries and a suspension can change that. Dew is out, so there is a spot on the list to add someone for a year, or two.

CFC 1979

don't think we want him at carlton. Good player but i don;t think his heart is in it.

Not good for a team looking foward

RobsOverAchievers

ROBBO can sing aswell as he can play footy and thats saying something!!!

ELLsendon

Yes, it is saying something

Master Q

RobsOverAchievers

Ok what i am trying to say is average footballer, really really really bad singer

Rascability

Robbo is down in Shepparton with Yze and Woewodin kicking bags.

valkorum

Sorry to shatter your post Rascability, but Woewodin lives in Perth.  After he was delisted from the Pies he played 2 seasons for East Fremantle and has been the coach of the East Fremantle league side since 08

valkorum

Oh he was over the playing during the bye for the Sharks.  He wasnt named in the best afield :P

Rascability

I think Robbo kicked 10 goals in his last game.

valkorum

Yeh he did.  I remember reading that