Main Menu

Missing out

Started by tbagrocks, October 16, 2013, 09:09:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

tbagrocks

So, the Melbourne football club has worked it out under a brilliant head coach, but, where are the mature players?

Melbourne nab a good player for #54 draft pick, GWS do nothing!

Not even sure if this footy club is for real, do they even know how to build a team? Melbourne Demons will smash you next season!

Maybe one day, the Giants will copy the Demon format ;)

Edit: Getting Shaw a nice start but, two years to late, so many players moving, Giants do little, so sad, bottom again!

CrowsFan

A 21 year old who has played one game is what you classify as a mature ager? If GWS had signed him you would have just said they were getting more kids in.

GWS have brought in Mummy and look to be adding Shaw in the next couple of days. There are some mature agers for you tbag ;)

tbagrocks

Don't put words in my mouth, any player 20 or over is a good get for the GWS

Vinny

Hahaha what are you on about T?

Shaw and Mummy are huge wins for GWS.

They are a new team you can't expect 22 blokes that are 22+

Mailman the 2nd

Although originally skeptical of the approach of bringing in less matured players (last year etc.) I think GC have more or less proved that the youngsters will make the team.

Rischetelli, Brennan, Harris, Coad, Iles and the like were more or less flops in the end, while players like O'Meara, Swallow, Prestia and co. are what define the club as a competitor atm.

Given the talent that's coming GWS's way this year, they'll no doubt beat Melbourne handily

tbagrocks

Yeah well, I don't think a new team getting three straight number one draft picks is fair, actually it is cheating imo

Gold Coast no better, Dumbetriou has a lot to answer for!

Mailman the 2nd

Quote from: tbagrocks on October 16, 2013, 09:36:37 PM
Yeah well, I don't think a new team getting three straight number one draft picks is fair, actually it is cheating imo

Tell me your master plan to make these teams competitive

Vinny

What else would they do man? Anything else would probably result in a worse team and eventually more losses and get them the #1 pick anyway.  :P

Ziplock

well, we've established several times that you're wrong.

the point of these expansion clubs is to expand the game... they can't do that if they just wallow in mediocrity for 15 years, because honestly, if they're not making success is 10 years, they're going to fold.

Giants have gotten mumford + shaw so far... I would really like for them to make plays for a couple of delisted/ retired players like  didak, krakouer, chappy, hunt, couch (poor bloke, never really got a chance) , tuck, lower, cross

not all of them obviously, but like a couple of them could still contribute.

tbagrocks

Teams relying on draft picks to even be competitive some day? Basically what I just read

Nah this team flowered it and deserve every flogging they got this year

Once again I am right, finally the penny drops and they net some older guys?

Oh FTR, how were the crowds in WS? Right! Maybe they should've tried harder to net mature competitive players ;)

Vinny

How? The draft picks set a good foundation, this team will very good soon. TBag how else were they going to be competitive other than through getting high draft picks? :P

tbagrocks

Hmm gee how indeed? Two lots of mini draft picks not enough? How many first round picks?

Plenty of chances to nab some bigger bodies, the whole "Cant get the stars" Is total BS because they have 20 gun kids already

Don't think like me idk, don't blame my thinking though for the pathetic club we have seen so far!

Mailman the 2nd

God its actually so painful to think that someone believes what I'm reading

Vinny

Quote from: tbagrocks on October 16, 2013, 10:05:05 PM
Hmm gee how indeed? Two lots of mini draft picks not enough? How many first round picks?

Plenty of chances to nab some bigger bodies, the whole "Cant get the stars" Is total BS because they have 20 gun kids already

Don't think like me idk, don't blame my thinking though for the pathetic club we have seen so far!

They had to start somewhere, they couldn't just rock up into the AFL and just reel in all the guns.

They have used their high draft picks and this trading period have managed to secure Shaw and Mumford.

I think that is a great start, they needed another ruckmen to complement Giles and a rebounding defender like Shaw.

They are doing well mate :)

The Poll speaks the truth ;)

tbagrocks

Man how dumb ::)  The guns are there already ::)  in the 20 kids they have that are stars, they needed bodies, any bodies

How stupid are you people ::) can't get the guns, flower me, they have 20 guns ffs, they needed any mature player they could, saying they can't get the stars is the worst flowering excuse I have heard in sport

Why is everyone so blind? Please tell me?

Edit: Melbourne nab Michie, looking at a few others, are they the guns you people want? No they are not, are the Demons getting them anyway? Yes they are, how are GWS different? Roos wants to be competitive while he rebuilds :o