Round 3 trades

Started by crowls, March 26, 2021, 12:59:39 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

tommy10

Quote from: Wanderer on April 01, 2021, 08:25:22 PM
Quote from: RoughRed on April 01, 2021, 08:04:17 PM
Quote from: Wanderer on April 01, 2021, 07:28:11 PM
I have changed my mind about Neale and will keep him now. Was going to trade him to Dunkley, but I don't want to have to go in search of the $$$$ to get him back in later.

The only rookie I don't have is Jordon, so it's a no-brainer trade.

I think Phillips was a mistake and I can't see him being top 8-10 forward, so I am going to turn him into Dunkley.

I keep Neale, get Jordon and upgrade Phillips to Dunkley.
Smart trades IMO but who do you drop for Jordon?
To have the cash, I have to drop Dow or Daniher to have enough cash for Dunkley and I'm going to drop Dow.
Seems pretty logical dropping Dow as I’m cutting him too most likely for Tex.

Mat0369

I ended up going with Neale to Ridley and Sharp to Jordon. I cut the dead weight in Sharp and was able to get in a defensive keeper that is going to go up in price. That's my two correction trades done and it's left me with 185k in the kitty to play with.

Bully

Quote from: Mat0369 on April 02, 2021, 12:57:42 AM
I ended up going with Neale to Ridley and Sharp to Jordon. I cut the dead weight in Sharp and was able to get in a defensive keeper that is going to go up in price. That's my two correction trades done and it's left me with 185k in the kitty to play with.

Nice!

Mat0369

Quote from: Bully on April 02, 2021, 01:08:44 AM
Nice!

It was looking the complete opposite at HT

The trades need to be aggressive to catch up. The base of my team isn't bad but Neale was a bit of a make or break. Hindsight says I should have gone Neale to Jordon and Hunter to Grundy  :-X

Bully

Quote from: Mat0369 on April 02, 2021, 01:11:48 AM
Quote from: Bully on April 02, 2021, 01:08:44 AM
Nice!

It was looking the complete opposite at HT

The trades need to be aggressive to catch up. The base of my team isn't bad but Neale was a bit of a make or break. Hindsight says I should have gone Neale to Jordon and Hunter to Grundy  :-X

I forgot you didn't have Grundy, hopefully Gawn weaves a bit of magic. Looking like Grawndy the winning formula yet again.

Samsturmfels

Thoughts on these trades?

1. Jones to Tex (play Kozzie) (Jones is named though)
2. Bergman to Tex (as not named
3. Wait till Monday teams to see if Kozzie is playing (can move Clark to D6 next week). If not named get in CJ.

With Bergman and Highmore being dropped it has completed changed what I was planning on doing.

Hazza09

Quote from: Samsturmfels on April 02, 2021, 07:45:31 PM
Thoughts on these trades?

1. Jones to Tex (play Kozzie) (Jones is named though)
2. Bergman to Tex (as not named
3. Wait till Monday teams to see if Kozzie is playing (can move Clark to D6 next week). If not named get in CJ.

With Bergman and Highmore being dropped it has completed changed what I was planning on doing.

I think your 3rd option. Kosi could be out this week and I’ll be in the same boat, no D6.

My entire trade plan to bring in Warner has to be looked at as I might need to upgrade Highmore to CJ.

Mat0369

I'd still be tempted to dump Jones but at least he will get a price rise. In that case I'd do the Bergman to Tex move

Bully

Quote from: Mat0369 on April 02, 2021, 08:37:10 PM
I'd still be tempted to dump Jones but at least he will get a price rise. In that case I'd do the Bergman to Tex move

With the rookie carnage you have to keep the guy with decent JS

Mat0369

With Stringer coming in it probably keeps him safe, having said that neither team is running with a legitimate ruck this week and that has saved Jones. If Bryan plays it's one of Waterman/Jones that's out. I'd still get the price rise where I can this week with Jones and dump him ASAP

Samsturmfels

Thanks everyone. I went Bergman to Tex. Bergman may find it hard to get regular games with Jones and Bonner to still make their way into the side. At least Jones is playing. I think Kosi should play and if not ill just cop a donut. I can move clark back next week at D6 if needed.

Mat0369

bkimm32

Thank flower I picked Tex over Jordon (could still be wrong)

Did anyone choose not to bring Tex in?

Mat0369

Quote from: bkimm32 on April 02, 2021, 09:33:54 PM

Yup. Couldn't get him in since I was missing Jordon and had more pressing needs.

shaker

Quote from: Mat0369 on April 02, 2021, 10:07:54 PM
Quote from: bkimm32 on April 02, 2021, 09:33:54 PM

Yup. Couldn't get him in since I was missing Jordon and had more pressing needs.

Yeah I backed out luckily with Sharp already out now Highmore and have seen a bit of chatter about Clark as well and Kosi playing Monday might need both my trades to avoid donuts.