Round 3 trades

Started by crowls, March 26, 2021, 12:59:39 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

crowls

Quote from: Samsturmfels on March 31, 2021, 10:25:09 PM
Quote from: bkimm32 on March 31, 2021, 10:02:10 PM
Quote from: shaker on March 31, 2021, 05:57:55 PM
Had a complete about face about Tex just thinking one low score this week could derail his cash income and GC have some decent DEF's and I'm sure he will get some more attention after 2 massive weeks I'm ranked in the 600's think I will just trust the team I started with NO TRADES unless some unforeseen outs.
I’m thinking the same

I got caught in the early season jack darling hype a couple years ago. he came out and kicked a couple bags to start the year, traded him in thinking he would be good for a 90 average and then he went on to score in the 60s for the rest of the season.
Same with Darling and picked up viney last year. Will probably still pick Tex. I cant remember the last time a midpricer was averaging over 140 after there first 2 games
you have been warned.  trade at own risk only.   please sign waiver before proceeding

whynot102

Leaning towards one or two
Quote from: whynot102 on March 31, 2021, 09:55:53 PM
Options are
Sharp to Jordon, Neale to BrayshawBoak
Neale to above and Daniher to Dunkley
Neale to Oliver Daniher to Butters

Can do the 2nd upgrade next week miss points however get Jordon

Have most other rookies already

Thoughts please

Bully

Here's my 2 cents re. Tex.

If you are taking off a prem mid like Neale it makes perfect sense if this upgrades Jones or another burnt rookie, can't go wrong in my opinion. It's a quick 70k in the pocket at worst, at best he kicks a bag on the weekend and we're marching to 450k.

Would I want him replacing Cripps? Probably not at this stage, this is where points start to leak & your hand is forced if things don't go to plan.

Ingram

Was all for Tex but I can also afford going Butters who was in my team as F2 until it became Martin. I'm not mad at all but I still see Butters a strong chance of being top 6.

He's in. Sorry Tex. Having faith in the cows I have and will be patient. It's a marathon not a sprint.

Ringo

Quote from: Ingram on April 01, 2021, 04:15:24 AM
Was all for Tex but I can also afford going Butters who was in my team as F2 until it became Martin. I'm not mad at all but I still see Butters a strong chance of being top 6.

He's in. Sorry Tex. Having faith in the cows I have and will be patient. It's a marathon not a sprint.
Just a caution Rozee back may effect him.

enzedder

Quote from: Ringo on April 01, 2021, 10:53:28 AM
Quote from: Ingram on April 01, 2021, 04:15:24 AM

Just a caution Rozee back may effect him.
I’d be surprised.
Rozee has played 40 games with maybe a quarter of those as 100+ SC games.
Butters will play mid with time forward regardless of Rozee being in or out.
People overthinking. Have read this elsewhere too.
If you think Butters is worth it just pick him.
Dunkley Macrae and Bont seem to be doing alright with Treloar atm. A case in point.

Ingram

Looking at the forwards so far after Dunkley Martin Danger there's not a lot banging down the door.

Backing my initial gut decision he's in!

Hoggyz_a_legend

I'm bring in Warner for A.Scott cos I reckon he'll be dropped soon. Then, I'm torn between dumping Taranto or Dow for Impey.

Do I stick by Taranto in hope he pulls his finger out, or do I dump him to get some cash in the kitty?

I'll have $398k if I dump Taranto vs $144k if I dump Dow.

Bully

Quote from: Hoggyz_a_legend on April 01, 2021, 06:32:44 PM
I'm bring in Warner for A.Scott cos I reckon he'll be dropped soon. Then, I'm torn between dumping Taranto or Dow for Impey.

Do I stick by Taranto in hope he pulls his finger out, or do I dump him to get some cash in the kitty?

Taranto still an outside chance to be a keeper so I'd give him another week. Dow to Impey a little sideways but if this is about fielding a stronger candidate then I would choose Impey every day of the week.

Hoggyz_a_legend

Quote from: Bully on April 01, 2021, 07:02:50 PM

Taranto still an outside chance to be a keeper so I'd give him another week. Dow to Impey a little sideways but if this is about fielding a stronger candidate then I would choose Impey every day of the week.

I'm leaning towards the Dow trade. It's more about cash generation. Dow won't make THAT much cash, and his JS is a little iffy. Impey has rock solid JS and looks like he'll make more cash.

Bully

Quote from: Hoggyz_a_legend on April 01, 2021, 07:13:22 PM
Quote from: Bully on April 01, 2021, 07:02:50 PM

I'm leaning towards the Dow trade. It's more about cash generation. Dow won't make THAT much cash, and his JS is a little iffy. Impey has rock solid JS and looks like he'll make more cash.

Decent trade from my perspective, you will be smiling if Impey snares another ton.

Wanderer

I have changed my mind about Neale and will keep him now. Was going to trade him to Dunkley, but I don't want to have to go in search of the $$$$ to get him back in later.

The only rookie I don't have is Jordon, so it's a no-brainer trade.

I think Phillips was a mistake and I can't see him being top 8-10 forward, so I am going to turn him into Dunkley.

I keep Neale, get Jordon and upgrade Phillips to Dunkley.

RoughRed

Quote from: Wanderer on April 01, 2021, 07:28:11 PM
I have changed my mind about Neale and will keep him now. Was going to trade him to Dunkley, but I don't want to have to go in search of the $$$$ to get him back in later.

I think Phillips was a mistake and I can't see him being top 8-10 forward, so I am going to turn him into Dunkley.

Smart trades IMO but who do you drop for Jordon?

Perthwildcat

Gonna do Tyson to Warner and H.Young to D.Moore.  Was thinking of doing Moore next week but feel against spud Daniher another ton and big price rise.

Looked at Tex but just can't look at my team seriously with him in it. 

Wanderer

Quote from: RoughRed on April 01, 2021, 08:04:17 PM
Quote from: Wanderer on April 01, 2021, 07:28:11 PM

Smart trades IMO but who do you drop for Jordon?
To have the cash, I have to drop Dow or Daniher to have enough cash for Dunkley and I'm going to drop Dow.