Main Menu

Real Life Cricket

Started by Barlow 21, October 10, 2011, 07:28:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

elephants

Guy in my team a couple of years ago had to have a shoulder reco. He bowled slingers and threw sidearm a lot.
Good stuff though cic.

Cicjose

i normally bowl offspin tho

but i was struggling to get my line right so i bowled a couple of slingers and they came out okay lol

elephants

Hahaha that's the stuff ;)

SAMCRO

Our league 20/20 comp started last night. I wasn't playing but I went to watch. Ended up having to umpire.

flower I hate umpiring!

PowerBug

Quote from: PowerBug on November 13, 2011, 11:05:37 PM
Played away today, won the toss, bowled first on a terrible pitch. Knocked them over for 130. That wasn't the surprise, the surprise was i took 2/19 off 7. Both wicket taking overs being maidens too :)
(Left arm half-trackers FTW!!!)
I got the ball turning fo rthe first time in a very long time, and i actually enjoyed bowling for a bit there, but my last two overs were all long-hops ;D ;D

In reply we are 4/53 :-\ Our no. 4 is on 23* and i just joined him at the crease, yet to score.

Equation: 78 runs off 72 overs. Should do if we hold our wickets. :)
We made 6/140 by halfway, so got the win. I made 24 and the other guy who i was battign with made 34.
We declared, sent them back in, and they creamed us, 3/200 off 35 overs. there was a 94, a 90* and 2 ducks in that score.

But we won the first innings, and that's what counts.

SAMCRO

Anyone in finals?

We finished 2nd, semi next weekend   :D

Cicjose

we lost on Friday although we needed 30 from the last 4 overs

because the last pair didn't run aggressive enough and our best batsmen got out twice in an over :(

roo boys!

Yeah my team's in the finals, also playing a T20 tomorrow night for school..should be fun :)

Cicjose

Jay

Looking forward to T20s being included in my comp next year :)

Does anyone play indoor? I was thinking of starting up a team to play with a few of my mates while its off-season for outdoor? Is it worth it???

KoopKicka

Can any South Aussies suggest a district club for me to join for next season? Under 16's ex- West Torrens so dont say there, that was a horrible time. Am a tidy leg-spinner :)

PowerBug

Quote from: KoopKicka on July 02, 2012, 11:36:40 PM
Can any South Aussies suggest a district club for me to join for next season? Under 16's ex- West Torrens so dont say there, that was a horrible time. Am a tidy leg-spinner :)
haha, move to the east buddy. :D

Jay

Quote from: KoopKicka on July 02, 2012, 11:36:40 PM
looking for a district representative team or just a club? :)

KoopKicka

ahahahaaha WT refused to let my contract thingo or whatever go. Then they worked out that my uncle was their greatest ever player and played for SA. It was *ahem* slightly easier after that. :P

Jayman, representative team.

Jay

Quote from: KoopKicka on July 02, 2012, 11:47:04 PM
Jayman, representative team.
well it depends where about your living... lol alot of the clubs are strong, east torrens is dodgy tho  ;D