fanTCfool's 2016 SC Rollercoaster

Started by fanTCfool, January 03, 2016, 04:59:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

fanTCfool

Have been a Lobbe fan for a while now, and the news regarding the bombers means that he will now be the #1 Ruck for the Power, so in he comes to the team for the year. I have now freed up enough spare change to upgrade Stef Martin to Goldy, to do or not to do?

Have also made a few other changes here and there, this is what we have:

Def: Rance, McVeigh, B. Smith, Harwood, Tucker, Oscar McDonald (Adams, Bonner)

Mid: JPK, Rocky, Sloane, GAJ, Crouch, Libba, Mills, Kerridge, (Hopper, Kennedy, Keays)

Ruck: Stef Martin, Lobbe (Currie)

Fwd: Martin, Z. Merrett, Dahlhouse, Stevie J, Kommer, Weideman, (Balic, Mitch King)

Cash: $138k

Also unsure about Zac Merrett now, he will either star as one of the top end bombers, or struggle without the big names to feed the pill to him.

Crow9

Quote from: fanTCfool on January 12, 2016, 01:50:10 PM
Have been a Lobbe fan for a while now, and the news regarding the bombers means that he will now be the #1 Ruck for the Power, so in he comes to the team for the year. I have now freed up enough spare change to upgrade Stef Martin to Goldy, to do or not to do?

Have also made a few other changes here and there, this is what we have:

Def: Rance, McVeigh, B. Smith, Harwood, Tucker, Oscar McDonald (Adams, Bonner)

Mid: JPK, Rocky, Sloane, GAJ, Crouch, Libba, Mills, Kerridge, (Hopper, Kennedy, Keays)

Ruck: Stef Martin, Lobbe (Currie)

Fwd: Martin, Z. Merrett, Dahlhouse, Stevie J, Kommer, Weideman, (Balic, Mitch King)

Cash: $138k

Also unsure about Zac Merrett now, he will either star as one of the top end bombers, or struggle without the big names to feed the pill to him.

I've also had the same thoughts about Lobbe and have put him into my team in place of NicNat.
With regards to Zac Merrett, I've been considering him too. Do you think they'll still play him forward or will he now have to step up as one of the midfield guns? There's a massive hole in the bombers midfield now without Heppell and Watson, someone needs to score those points!

Money Shot

Only pick I'm not too sure on is the magic man Stevie J I don't see him playing 20+ games at all and see him being more of a coach then a player!

fanTCfool

Quote from: Money Shot on January 12, 2016, 03:09:37 PM
Only pick I'm not too sure on is the magic man Stevie J I don't see him playing 20+ games at all and see him being more of a coach then a player!

A very good point you make, didn't mind Tippett at R2 so have replaced Stevie J with him in my forward line.
Back to the rucks momentarily, I have thought about holding off on Goldstein until his price drops a little after a few weeks, but I think a trade could be better kept for other things.

Ringo

Not a bad name. So does that mean Docherty will come in.

Now that you have put Tippett in your forward line would suggest you replace Currie with Mitch King to alloww you to work the DPP and bring in another forward Wells if he goes well in preseason, Petracca or similar,

Not convinced on Lobbe but there is a separate thread detailing pros and cons for you to sort through.

fanTCfool

Quote from: Ringo on January 17, 2016, 10:03:08 AM
Not a bad name. So does that mean Docherty will come in.

Now that you have put Tippett in your forward line would suggest you replace Currie with Mitch King to alloww you to work the DPP and bring in another forward Wells if he goes well in preseason, Petracca or similar,

Not convinced on Lobbe but there is a separate thread detailing pros and cons for you to sort through.

Only reason I have kept Currie is to have a ruck from each bye round, but I suppose having the ability to move a forward (Tippett) into the ruck is more important.
Won't be seeing Docherty unless his disposal improves significantly during the Pre-Season.

fanTCfool

Made a few changes, and I'm not going to post the team in its entirety, but at this stage I'm happy with how things are shaping up in the Back and Forward lines especially.

Back: Shaw (15), McVeigh (14), B. Smith (13)
Forward: Zorko (15), Dahl (14), D. Martin (13)

Feel like having one solid scorer from each bye round is important, and should leave me in good shape over the bye rounds.
Obviously, by(e) then, I'll hopefully have a few more premiums from each bye group, but it leaves me with the freedom of knowing that I have at the bare minimum some coverage for each week, and I won't have to fret about trading for a particular bye round and can choose the best option, not the option that suits a bye structure, if that makes sense?

pie time

Like Shaw as had him almost every year. His price concerns me a little. McVeigh is a risk as age might catch up with him and wouldn't be surprised if he gets rested for a few games, I think Docherty should be in for sure as they used him as the link, he reads the play well and gets plenty of the ball. He will be good for 85-90 each week. I too have gone back and forth with Goldy. I figure he is the best ruckman and therefore a must. Lobbe is my 2nd ruck. Will love being the only ruckman again. Might find he will want out when Ryder returns. I don't follow them but Bulldogs would be a perfect fit. Point of differences in mids and fwds. Which just might pay off with some luck. Well done.

fanTCfool

Is having two rucks from the same Bye Round a complete disaster?
Wouldn't mind having both Stef Martin and Goldstein, and whilst they share a R15 bye, is it that bad?
By Round 15, chances are either of them might be traded/injured.

Ringo

No remember it is best 18 that score so if you have 18 on field then not a big issue.  Just look at your keepers bye structure and see how that stacks up. eg mine at the moment with a couple of iffy keepers is 6/4/5 so with trading early keep in the back of your mind so that come the byes you may have something like 7/7/7 for example meaning only 4 rookies to play each week.
Both my rucks have the round 15 bye

ben_020285

Quote from: fanTCfool on January 28, 2016, 12:34:35 PM
Is having two rucks from the same Bye Round a complete disaster?
Wouldn't mind having both Stef Martin and Goldstein, and whilst they share a R15 bye, is it that bad?
By Round 15, chances are either of them might be traded/injured.

It's not a complete disaster but if you are going for overall then you could experience a significant drop in rankings. Even though it's only your best 18 players during the bye rounds you would already be down to 20 players with no rucks and then there will no doubt be other lines where you are going to be missing players due to the bye/injuries. You may end up with only 16 or 17 available players which will be trouble.

fanTCfool

Needing some advice as to how I can add Mr. Simpkin to my side,
Currently we have:

Shaw, Bartel, B. Smith, Harwood, Mitch W Brown, M Hibberd (Bonner, Adams)

GAJ, JPK, Sloane, Rockliff, Libba, Crouch, Trengove (Gresham, Cunningham, Keays)

Goldstein, Stef Martin (M King)

D Martin, Dahlhouse, Zorko, Kerridge, Petracca, S Reid (Balic, Buzza)

Any suggestions?

Money Shot

Well considering you only have 10/11 defenders I would slot him in at M7.

fanTCfool

Quote from: Money Shot on January 31, 2016, 11:06:01 PM
Well considering you only have 10/11 defenders I would slot him in at M7.

;D Deliberately left a name out in there, any other ways?

fanTCfool

Managed to make it happen:

Zorko + Gresham OUT
Tippett + Simpkin IN

Whilst this leaves me with only $900 spare change now, I do have some breathing space with Trengove ($155k) to pick the rookies I need. Plus, Tippett in the FWD line gives me some ruck coverage for when both Goldy and Stef Martin have their R15 bye.