RaisyDaisy's 2016 Team Thread

Started by RaisyDaisy, December 16, 2015, 12:23:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ringo

Just one comment RD and up to you whether to follow or not. If you have $15k would change Loersch to King of Dees. Reason being if you are looking at the loopholes as well Loersch only has 5 Sunday games compared to King who has 10 Sunday games and the Monday night of Queens Birthday as well. I am looking on it I can set my loophole permanently in most cases at start of round and look at various options.

RaisyDaisy

Quote from: Ringo on December 18, 2015, 06:03:57 PM
Just one comment RD and up to you whether to follow or not. If you have $15k would change Loersch to King of Dees. Reason being if you are looking at the loopholes as well Loersch only has 5 Sunday games compared to King who has 10 Sunday games and the Monday night of Queens Birthday as well. I am looking on it I can set my loophole permanently in most cases at start of round and look at various options.

Cheers Ringo, I am aware of this and the fact that you couldn't use him to bank Gazza vc. I'll eventually change him for King :)

ben_020285

Quote from: RaisyDaisy on December 18, 2015, 02:57:43 PM
Made a slight change for now bringing in Myers. Crazy to think that I only have 4 rookies on the field

DEF: McVeigh, Simpson, Bartel, Birchall, B.Smith, Brown (Hibberd, Bonner)

MID: Ablett, Sloane, Rockliff, Libba, Crouch, Myers, Gresham, Mathieson (Keays, Freeman, Marcon)

RUC: Goldstein, NicNat (Loersch)

FWD: Deledio, Martin, Barlow, Luenberger, Wells, Petracca (Kerridge, Kommer)

Hey Chris. Congrats again on an awesome 2015!

Now to your team..

DEF: I don't mind it. Very old school but all proven scorers in McVeigh, Simpson, Bartel and Birchall. My only worry is that with some of the older guys there is no more room for improvement. I wouldn't mind seeing at least one younger guy in there that you can see having a 10+ average increase this year. Picking the right one is obviously tough though! Smith just has to be picked at his price, hopefully he can get back to 2014 form, I think he can.

MID: Really like the first 5 picks. I'm not sure about Myers though. He won't be a keeper so he is basically a really expensive rookie priced player. I just don't think he'll make enough cash to be a good pick so would prefer a downgrade to a cheap rookie and the cash spent elsewhere.

RUC: Set and forget. Can't really argue with it by I personally won't be starting with Goldy due to his high price tag and tough early draw. I'm planning on bringing him in once he drops in price a bit.

FWD: I feel that Lids is very expensive and his achilles are a ticking time bomb, in saying that he is probably has the best scoring potential out of any fwds. So I think he might average the most but not score the most points due to several missed games. Dusty and Barlow are both great picks and Leuey could be a great pick as number 1 ruck at the Dons and he provides that ruck coverage. I'm not a big fan of the Wells pick as I think his body is cooked so even though he may score reasonably well I just don't expect him to get out on the park to generate decent cash for an upgrade. Completely understand why people are picking him though because at his best he is good enough to be a fwd keeper. I just don't see it happening.

All the best in 2016 and look forward to battling you again in The Main Event!

eaglesman

Quote from: ben_020285 on December 21, 2015, 10:23:39 PM
Quote from: RaisyDaisy on December 18, 2015, 02:57:43 PM
Made a slight change for now bringing in Myers. Crazy to think that I only have 4 rookies on the field

DEF: McVeigh, Simpson, Bartel, Birchall, B.Smith, Brown (Hibberd, Bonner)

MID: Ablett, Sloane, Rockliff, Libba, Crouch, Myers, Gresham, Mathieson (Keays, Freeman, Marcon)

RUC: Goldstein, NicNat (Loersch)

FWD: Deledio, Martin, Barlow, Luenberger, Wells, Petracca (Kerridge, Kommer)

Now to your team..

DEF: I don't mind it. Very old school but all proven scorers in McVeigh, Simpson, Bartel and Birchall. My only worry is that with some of the older guys there is no more room for improvement. I wouldn't mind seeing at least one younger guy in there that you can see having a 10+ average increase this year. Picking the right one is obviously tough though! Smith just has to be picked at his price, hopefully he can get back to 2014 form, I think he can.

MID: Really like the first 5 picks. I'm not sure about Myers though. He won't be a keeper so he is basically a really expensive rookie priced player. I just don't think he'll make enough cash to be a good pick so would prefer a downgrade to a cheap rookie and the cash spent elsewhere.

RUC: Set and forget. Can't really argue with it by I personally won't be starting with Goldy due to his high price tag and tough early draw. I'm planning on bringing him in once he drops in price a bit.

FWD: I feel that Lids is very expensive and his achilles are a ticking time bomb, in saying that he is probably has the best scoring potential out of any fwds. So I think he might average the most but not score the most points due to several missed games. Dusty and Barlow are both great picks and Leuey could be a great pick as number 1 ruck at the Dons and he provides that ruck coverage. I'm not a big fan of the Wells pick as I think his body is cooked so even though he may score reasonably well I just don't expect him to get out on the park to generate decent cash for an upgrade. Completely understand why people are picking him though because at his best he is good enough to be a fwd keeper. I just don't see it happening.

Hey lads.
Gee when you look at that side it looks like SuperCoach is going to be quite easy this year. (I know it never is)

I have a general feeling about the competition this year there won't be as many great rookie performers this year due to my belief in the increasing strength of teams. (I can't see a rookie player at west coast getting a game for example and I think it's the same for a few clubs)

Given the cheap availability of players this year it's allowed us to not have to worry about rookies as much.

Fwds first.
Lids luey wells petracca are bloody walk ups for my side. The other spots I will need to do some digging. I don't think Barlow is a player I am too keen on personally. Felt like I watched him stink it up out there personally.

Rucks move on ... Feels like easiest position to pick

Mids.
Crouch was in my team last year. Couldn't be more locked in if healthy.
Libba was in my team last year-so he in.
Ablett and rocky gotta be in.
I have Myers too but would like cheaper because I will be picking Fyfe.

Backs.
I'll prob go a little cheaper but McVeigh Simpson and smith will be in. Probably Mitch brown.
EMAC half a chance except I hate seeing him make decisions and kick for us.

Just seems like 18-20 blokes will be the same for all
Teams.

Gigantor

Quote from: eaglesman on December 21, 2015, 10:58:17 PM
Hey lads.
Gee when you look at that side it looks like SuperCoach is going to be quite easy this year. (I know it never is)

I have a general feeling about the competition this year there won't be as many great rookie performers this year due to my belief in the increasing strength of teams. (I can't see a rookie player at west coast getting a game for example and I think it's the same for a few clubs)

Given the cheap availability of players this year it's allowed us to not have to worry about rookies as much.

Fwds first.
Lids luey wells petracca are bloody walk ups for my side. The other spots I will need to do some digging. I don't think Barlow is a player I am too keen on personally. Felt like I watched him stink it up out there personally.

Rucks move on ... Feels like easiest position to pick

Mids.
Crouch was in my team last year. Couldn't be more locked in if healthy.
Libba was in my team last year-so he in.
Ablett and rocky gotta be in.
I have Myers too but would like cheaper because I will be picking Fyfe.

Backs.
I'll prob go a little cheaper but McVeigh Simpson and smith will be in. Probably Mitch brown.
EMAC half a chance except I hate seeing him make decisions and kick for us.

Just seems like 18-20 blokes will be the same for all Teams.

I think this is fairly common most years

My starting team had 24 players in common with the team that won the 50k yet I finished 1300 pts behind

It doesn't take much for teams that start similarly to diverge significantly during the year

RaisyDaisy

Quote from: ben_020285 on December 21, 2015, 10:23:39 PM

Now to your team..

Thanks for the feedback Ben - really appreciate it mate and def cant wait to try and defend my title in The Main Event!

Birchall is more or less a place holder for me atm. The other 4 are pretty much locked, but I am open to switching Birch to a potential breakout candidate or even downgrade to bolster my mids

I'm not entirely sold on Myers too, but I don't pick 200k+ rookies often at all. It's his JS that would justify the outlay, but that being said if there is enough good cheaper rookies lining up rd1 then I have no problems dumping him without giving it a thought

As for Lids, tbh I just don't see too many forwards I really like at this stage. I feel like of one of Lids or Shaw can be started this year, and with more options down back I've decided to go with Lids for now

As for Wells, at that price and DPP he just cant be ignored if he lines up rd1. Such a little risk for a potential great reward. Easy fix if he busts too

eaglesman - Good to see you back here man :) Like I said earlier I've never gone with mid pricers and have always adapted the GnR approach, but this year is clearly one out of the box with so many legit proven guns so cheap so it's new ground for me taking this approach, and entering rd1 with only 4 rookies on field is pretty ridiculous I think but things never go to plan and there's still a long time go and this team is going to change a lot from now until rd1 I'm sure, but for now I think this structure is what I will be going with, with D5/M6 be the only real position up for debate in terms of gun and rookie

RaisyDaisy

Considering all the Bombers stuff, I've dumped Myers and also taken out Luey for now

Pendles, Lobbe and Bennell also come in, with Sloane, NicNat and Luey out

Option 2

DEF: McVeigh, Simpson, Bartel, Birchall, Smith, Brown (Ess) (Bonner, Hibberd)

MID: Pendles, Ablett, Rocky, Libba, Crouch, Gresham, Fiorini, Cunningham (Keays, Mathieson, Marcon)

RUC: Goldy, Lobbe (Loersch)

FWD: Deledio, Martin, Bennell, Barlow, Wells, Petraca (Kommer, Kerridge)

Birchall and Bennell are place holders - just cant decide on what prem's I want for sure in those spots just yet. Depending on available rookies I could even drop Birchall to a 400k def then turn Bennell into a gun mid and bring in a fwd rookie

RaisyDaisy

Quote from: RaisyDaisy on January 13, 2016, 08:00:36 PM
Birchall and Bennell are place holders - just cant decide on what prem's I want for sure in those spots just yet. Depending on available rookies I could even drop Birchall to a 400k def then turn Bennell into a gun mid and bring in a fwd rookie

Actually, just Bennell and Mathieson OUT, Jelwood and McDonald-Tip IN

Yeah I think I like that for now (Can always change Jelly if his preseason doesn't kick into gear and he isn't niggle free)

DEF: McVeigh, Simpson, Bartel, Birchall, Smith, Brown (Ess) (Bonner, Hibberd)

MID: Pendles, Ablett, Jelwood, Rocky, Libba, Crouch, Gresham, Fiorini, (Keays, Cunningham, Marcon)

RUC: Goldy, Lobbe (Loersch)

FWD: Deledio, Martin, Barlow, Wells, Petraca, Kerridge (Kommer, McDonald-Tipungwati)

fasttrack13

I reckon you'd be better off dropping lids rather than Bennell. Can't see lids being able to hold his average. Bennell however can improve for sure!
Lobbe not sure what the fuss is about,  I don't see any reason he can be a top 5 ruck or be a good cash cow at $380k.
Everything else is spot on

GoLions

Quote from: fasttrack13 on January 13, 2016, 08:27:15 PM
I reckon you'd be better off dropping lids rather than Bennell. Can't see lids being able to hold his average. Bennell however can improve for sure!
Lobbe not sure what the fuss is about,  I don't see any reason he can be a top 5 ruck or be a good cash cow at $380k.
I can't see Bennell not being a dickhead for an entire season :P

creeker

Very impressive RD.
Have been looking at this team for the past 5 minutes trying to find a fault but I think it's a ripper.
Only thing is the Loersch selection as you will want to be able to loophole Gaz. Definitely in round 1 against my Bombers. Gaz will go into beast mode once again.
This team could get off to a flying start.
Top team mate. Look forward to be matched up with you once again this year.

RaisyDaisy

Thanks creeker, appreciate the kind words :)

Fasttrack, I just don't trust Bennell. Would rather spend the extra 50 on lids and not fussed if he drops a bit in price as he's a keeper and I save a trade or two not have to get him later

As for Lobbe, the way my teams structured it's either him, or Luey in the fwd line, or I get rid of Wells, Crouch etc to get the funds to make him a prem

I'm not 100% sold on Lobbe, but starting him gives me time to see who the best available ruck is as the season goes on and I can upgrade him. In the meantime, he has the ability to average 100 which for 389k is good. I expect port to win more games too

Closer to the season I'll have 2 or 3 sides and then figure out which gets me most points on field each week

fasttrack13

Quote from: GoLions on January 13, 2016, 08:29:56 PM
Quote from: fasttrack13 on January 13, 2016, 08:27:15 PM
I can't see Bennell not being a dickhead for an entire season :P

he did the 3 seasons before last...?  :P ::)

Ringo

Like your reasoning with Lobbe RD very sound as we know top rucks from the previous year rarely reproduce.  The days of Sandi and Cox gone. As you say will allow you to assess availability.

RaisyDaisy

Have cooled off on the Lobbe idea, and have now tinkered around with going cheap in defense which I am liking

Besides McVeigh, Bartel and Smith I just cant decide on any other "premiums" that I am completely comfortable with starting, and I have come around on EMack because he has the ability to ton up, averaged 75 last season he played (which will see him make 150k) and with his JS it allows me to go strong in all other lines which generate more points giving me time to see what defenders will turn out to be the best to chase

DEF: McVeigh, Bartel, Smith, MacKenzie, Wagner, Brown (Bonner, Hibberd)

MID: Pendles, Ablett, JPK/Gray, Rocky, Libba, Crouch, Gresham, Cunningham (Keays, Mathieson, Marcon)

RUC: Goldy, NicNat (King)

FWD: Deledio, Martin, Gunston, Barlow, Wells, Petracca (Kerridge, McDonald-Tipungwuti)

Mids, Rucks and Fwds are stacked and solid and with the backline looking like the best spot for rookies I reckon this setup works for me, because I now have a team of premiums I 100% want, where as going strong in defense previously had me a little hesitant as the backline prems just dont convince me yet