Roti 2016!

Started by roti, November 18, 2015, 11:37:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

roti

Hey guys, thought i'd give this an early shot, left some cash left over which will inevitably not be enough but at least I won't have to take as much out of my team.

DEF: H. Shaw, E. Yeo, B. Smith, D. Swallow, M. Scharenberg, A. Francis (M. Brown, S. Durdin)
MID: S. Pendlebury, J. Selwood, T. Rockliff, G. Ablett jnr, T. Liberatore, B. Crouch, D. Myers, J.Hopper (N. Freeman, J. Jansen, C.Mills)
RUC: N. Naitanui, M. Leuenberger (D. Currie)
FWD: D. Martin, C. Wingard, M. Barlow, L. Hunter, D. Menzel, S. Kerridge (C. Petracca, J. Pickett)
CASH LEFT: $148,700

DEF: Shaw is the mainstay, Yeo is a massive breakout candidate, think Smith and Swallow will bounce back after injury woes and Scharenberg could start to come into his own.
MID: Soooo much value here couldn't even find a spot for Fyfe, plenty of strong inside mid rookies too this year which should give us a good group to choose from.
RUC: Might look to start with 2 genuine guns here but if Leuy is travelling well will be a popular pick
FWD: Wait and see a bit in terms of who gets DPP but I like Hunter, really excelled in the second half of the year and is good value

Let me know what you think!!

quinny88

Quote from: roti on November 18, 2015, 11:37:11 PM
Hey guys, thought i'd give this an early shot, left some cash left over which will inevitably not be enough but at least I won't have to take as much out of my team.

DEF: H. Shaw, E. Yeo, B. Smith, D. Swallow, M. Scharenberg, A. Francis (M. Brown, S. Durdin)
MID: S. Pendlebury, J. Selwood, T. Rockliff, G. Ablett jnr, T. Liberatore, B. Crouch, D. Myers, J.Hopper (N. Freeman, J. Jansen, C.Mills)
RUC: N. Naitanui, M. Leuenberger (D. Currie)
FWD: D. Martin, C. Wingard, M. Barlow, L. Hunter, D. Menzel, S. Kerridge (C. Petracca, J. Pickett)
CASH LEFT: $148,700

DEF: Shaw is the mainstay, Yeo is a massive breakout candidate, think Smith and Swallow will bounce back after injury woes and Scharenberg could start to come into his own.
MID: Soooo much value here couldn't even find a spot for Fyfe, plenty of strong inside mid rookies too this year which should give us a good group to choose from.
RUC: Might look to start with 2 genuine guns here but if Leuy is travelling well will be a popular pick
FWD: Wait and see a bit in terms of who gets DPP but I like Hunter, really excelled in the second half of the year and is good value

Let me know what you think!!

D: I like this but unsure on Yeo. think I would rather another safe premium
M: very solid and agree that Fyfe is hard to find a spot for.
R: will be a popular combo
F: hunter a nice pod but don't think he will be a top 10 forward

Antho Witto

DEF: I think Yeo had his 'breakout' last year in my opinion and don't think he will Improve that much more again. Better options in my opinion.
MID: Fyfe is a lock for me but can see why people wouldn't start with him. What are your thoughts on Myers?
RUC: Are you really confident in Leuy? Has potential every year but I don't know I personally don't trust him.
FWD: Cant fault. I love the Hunter pick could easily go 80-85 or even higher.

roti

Quote from: Antho Witto on November 20, 2015, 01:07:45 PM
DEF: I think Yeo had his 'breakout' last year in my opinion and don't think he will Improve that much more again. Better options in my opinion.
MID: Fyfe is a lock for me but can see why people wouldn't start with him. What are your thoughts on Myers?
RUC: Are you really confident in Leuy? Has potential every year but I don't know I personally don't trust him.
FWD: Cant fault. I love the Hunter pick could easily go 80-85 or even higher.

I agree to a certain extent that Yeo had his breakout season last season, however I think with the level of injuries the eagles had he was used more as a utility and wasn't able to settle as a mid and play his best footy. If he is able to do that this year he will be more consistent with those big scores and will go up a level imo, but of course i'll look at all options once the proper planner is out.
Myers is a pretty solid player imo and a pretty safe bet to go 85-95, which is good value for what he is priced at in the fanplanner, will all depend on price
Leuy will be a wait and see, unless im confident on him more than happy to go 2 premo rucks from the outset
Hunter is another one just on the watchlist, but averaging 100+ in the last part of the season when he got rid of the vest certainly made me take notice

roti

DEF: Heath Shaw, Jarryd McVeigh, Brodie Smith, David Swallow, Ryan Harwood, Mitch W. Brown
Mitchael Hartley, Sam Durdin

MID: Scott Pendlebury, Gary Ablett, Joel Selwood, Tom Rockliff, Tom Liberatore, Brad Crouch, Jacob Hopper, Nathan Freeman
Jarrad Jansen, Anthony Morabito, Paul Ahern

RUC: Nic Naitanui, Matthew Leuenberger
Daniel Currie

FWD: Brett Deledio, Dustin Martin, Chad Wingard, Michael Barlow, Ben Kennedy, Sam Kerridge
Christian Petracca, Jarrod Pickett

Plugging in the prices of some of the info we have been given in terms of the likes of Ablett, Crouch etc this is what i've come up with and come wednesday I think it will come pretty close to fitting under the cap, think it looks like a pretty good team to me

quinny88

Love it Roti. Can't fault any lines!

quinny88

Not sure how much money you have left but the only thing I would consider is changing Dusty to Berger (if dusty is suspended and Berger is dpp) then turning r2 into Martin or possibly Goldy if you can afford him

roti

Quote from: quinny88 on December 14, 2015, 01:39:39 AM
Not sure how much money you have left but the only thing I would consider is changing Dusty to Berger (if dusty is suspended and Berger is dpp) then turning r2 into Martin or possibly Goldy if you can afford him

That's a pretty decent idea in all honesty, definitely won't have the money to go Goldy without sacrificing someone else but s.martin or mumford could definitely be a good shout. I'll wait and see with Dusty though, should keep getting better and I'll pick him if he is not suspended

roti

With the news that Dahlhaus is somehow a FWD:

B.Kennedy > S.Yarran
M.Barlow > L.Dahlhaus

roti

Don't have SC Gold cos I'm a pleb so no photo for me

D: Shaw, Laird, Smith, Mackenzie, MW. Brown, Byrne (Hibberd, Adams)
M: Pendlebury, Ablett, Selwood, Rockliff, Liberatore, B.Crouch, Kerridge, Freeman (Cuningham, Jansen, Keays)
R: Goldstein, Naitanui (Naismith)
F: Deledio, Dahlhaus, Wingard, Barlow, Petrarca, Ahern (Pickett, S.Yarran)
$22k leftover

Down back i've gone a bit light as there isn't a whole lot I like, McVeigh and Bartel have question marks over them for me and most of the others aren't quite proven, top 10 changes so much year to year going to pick 3 guys I really like and wait and see for the rest.
In the middle it's fairly standard when you look at the teams going around, but for good reason I think with so much value on offer.
Somewhat hesitant spending so much on Goldy but at this stage more hesitant in not starting with him, had this pair all of last season and not spending a trade on the ruck made life a lot easier.
Some nice options up forward, Lids and Dahl are locks, Wingard is a freak and could average anything and you'd back Barlow to bounce back, he could average 105 and still not even get back to where he has been the previous two seasons and that is pretty hard to pass up up forward.