2014 Review and Rule discussions for 2015.

Started by Ringo, June 24, 2014, 02:54:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

nrich102

Quote from: Rusty00 on November 16, 2014, 09:09:26 PM
For what it's worth I prefer the same method as used this year.
This, however I don't really mind what we do.

Vinny

elephants

Just checking, 40 seniors and 4 rookies on our lists yeah?

SydneyRox

Quote from: elephants on November 20, 2014, 01:28:56 PM

Pretty sure it is 41 and 4.

Pkbaldy

Quote from: SydneyRox on November 20, 2014, 01:37:48 PM
Quote from: elephants on November 20, 2014, 01:28:56 PM

Pretty sure it is 41 and 4.

That's correcto. Because of the Rookie Draft being so big, we pick a 45 list and pick any 4 players to be rookies.

elephants

Ah yep bewdy. I did know that actually :p

Cheers lads!

Ringo

Could say keep up to date with the threads or read the rules which I keep up to date but I won't.  ;)

elephants

Quote from: Ringo on November 20, 2014, 05:39:02 PM
Could say keep up to date with the threads or read the rules which I keep up to date but I won't.  ;)

Haha I looked this morning but ehhh, this was easier :p

Ringo

Cheers all

Just keep an eye on the draft and delisting threads in the coming works.

I will be asking you to nominate if you wish to pass on National Draft picks in that thread prior to setting final order.

Remember there will only be 4 Rounds of the National Draft and the rookie draft will be used to allow filling of teams to the required 45 players.

Also remember for this year only you can nominate your 4 rookies on final list lodgements,

Ringo

Been trying to find out whether substitutes will be in play next year.  was reported will be done away with but can not find anything official.

So probably time to start some debate again as to what happens if subs continue.

My thoughts are:

We name 4 emergencies one for each line ie Def, Mid, Ruck, Fwd.
At the end of the round sub score applied as follows:
Ascertain the lowest score of players on field and if your emergency score for that line is higher than emergency score is used.
If however the emergency has been used go to the next lowest score in the next lines and follow same process.
Does not apply for utilities and can only be used once per round.

Comments on this or alternatives.

kilbluff1985

sounds fine to me so you get the 4 best scorers out of 5 players for each line

encourages good depth also

Ringo

Not quite KB sub is only used once so put simply you get the best 4 scores for the line your lowest score is including emergency.

Not each line as subs are used only once. Know it sounds complicated how I put it but also have to account emergencies used for late outs.

Purple 77

Happy with that Ringo. Think I like it better than this year.

Nige

I know people don't like the idea of copying or anything, but I think we should do it the way Worlds does it.

Ringo

Not a real fan of the Worlds system as it allows for a player starting in green vest or a red vest before half time.
Because of these restrictions sub rule is not very often invoked in Worlds.

Trying to find something that aligns closely to AFL as subs are used every week and think what I have come up may work but open to all ideas and discussion.