2014 Review and Rule discussions for 2015.

Started by Ringo, June 24, 2014, 02:54:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ringo

Am starting this thread now in case you want to review draft and trading rules as we are coming to end of season.

Here are the trading rules as they stand:

5.1 Trading between teams is allowed as long as trades are determined to be reasonably fair between both parties.

5.2 Trades must be listed in the Trading Thread in the following format:
X Team receives: Player A
Y Team receives: Player B
Reason: Justification for why the trade has been made
The trade must be then confirmed by the other party in the trade, and they must list their reasons also

5.3 Trades will either Passed or Rejected by the league administrator.  The administrator will take into consideration the short and long term impacts to both teams, to ensure the trade does not damage a team's future chances of being competitive.

5.4 Where any coach feels that the decision of the administrator is incorrect or unfair, they may appeal the decision to the Trades Committee.  The Committee will review the decision, and have the power to confirm or over-rule the decision made by the administrator.  They will then provide feedback to the coaches involved.

5.5 The committee will consist of 3 members, not currently affiliated with the competition, who are deemed to be impartial.  The administrator will be charged with appointing the committee and ensuring they remain active.
The current committee is comprised of Ziplock, Mr Craig and MyChumps

5.6 Trades must be conducted in a 1 for 1 manner.  This includes the trade of draft picks.

5.7 There will be two trade periods per season, one before the drafts, and one after. Teams are entitled to 10 Player movements over the 2 trade periods. Teams finishing 17th and 18th are allowed an additional 2 player movements and reams finishing 13 - 16 are entitled to one additional player movement. These additional player movements must be nominated and will not count as player movements for the franchise being traded with.

5.8 A player movement is defined as when a player on your list from the previous season (initial draft for initial season) is traded to another team. Draft picks or players you have received as part of a trade can be on traded without being considered a player movement.

5.6 and 5.7 are the ones that may start discussion:
Do we want to continue 1 - 1 or allow more eg Player x for Player y and Draft pick z
Comments on the concessions on to lower teams in 5.8 and the limit of player movements.

To start discussion I reckon we do away with extra player movements and look at this proposal:
Teams finishing 18th and 17th get an additional draft pick at conclusion of first round.
Teams finishing 15th and 16th get an additional draft pick at conclusion of second Round.
In all cases you must have vacancies on your 40 player senior list to draft players,

Just been thinking of ways to try and equalise competition a little but not a fan of caps for 15's.   

Vinny

I am not a fan of the one for one. Prefer the trades to be more flexible and it is often easier to make a trade fairer to a particular side by adding something small but if there is one for one, it is sometimes impossible. We are aiming to mirror the AFL where possible and they do not have 1 for 1.

Think the bottom 4 only should get an extra movement if any. The draft pick idea is okay as well, not fussed there. Not a fan of the cap idea prefer list movement limits.

Just to be clear: Is trading one of you initial draft picks counted as a movement? IMO it should not be.

That is just my view on things. :)

kilbluff1985

yeah i say we scratch the 1 for 1 deal in trades so it's easier to add picks as sweeteners and just make it they need to have room on there list to do it

so i think scratch the 1 for 1 deal before drafting but bring it back after drafting to keep lists at 45

before drafting and any 2 for 1 trades you just need to delist players to be able to do it

make sense?

kilbluff1985

and i want to bring something in like WXV regarding subs

if a player gets the green vest or is subbed off before half time

you either get that players average
or
the emerg player you have covering that pos you get there score instead if it's higher then original players score

the 2nd option i think also encourages teams to have decent depth

Nige

I'm not really a fan of the proposal at the end of the OP regarding bottom four teams getting extra picks, there's no need to compromise the draft like that.

I'd like to scratch 1 for 1 deals.

I think the sub rule definitely needs re-visiting.

There are a few other things needing to be discussed but I can't think of them atm.

Vinny

Quote from: NigeyS on June 24, 2014, 04:53:21 PM
I'm not really a fan of the proposal at the end of the OP regarding bottom four teams getting extra picks, there's no need to compromise the draft like that.
Yeah I reckon just give them an extra movement like last year if anything.

I didn't bring up the sub rule because I thought we were focusing on trading & drafting as they aren't too far away.

Quote from: kilbluff1985 on June 24, 2014, 04:38:15 PM
and i want to bring something in like WXV regarding subs

if a player gets the green vest or is subbed off before half time

you either get that players average
or
the emerg player you have covering that pos you get there score instead if it's higher then original players score

the 2nd option i think also encourages teams to have decent depth
Yep like the way Os has done this in WXV, good rule IMO.

Ringo

Sub rules will be visited at end of season and glad mentioned here so we do not forget but have time to refine them.

Need to concentrate on draft and trade rules as they are the ones we need settled quickly so keep the suggestions coming.

Great contributions so far.

kilbluff1985

rolling lockout needs to be addressed/introduced more

Nige

Yes, very much so. ^

This lockout on Friday night is ridiculous in some instances (couple of Monday games).

I wouldn't be encouraging the use of a loophole, but working out a proper lockout is in order.

Vinny

Can it be as simple as, yes rolling lockout but no loopholes allowed?

kilbluff1985

:o
Quote from: Vinny on June 24, 2014, 05:03:10 PM
Can it be as simple as, yes rolling lockout but no loopholes allowed?

can be, AXV don't allow it but WXV do

Nige

I honestly think that's the best way to do it.

Ringo

Do not like rolling lock outs but if you can come up with sound reasons to get vote through go for it as imo if you have full rolling lock outs no emergencies or subs required would be the trade off not allowing for the extra work for administrator to monitor.
Not saying can not be done but you have to come up with something that is workable and not onerous Admin wise.

kilbluff1985

is it really that much extra work?

all we want is that

if there is a Thursday night game then only Thursday night players are locked out then and full lock out is Friday night etc

Ricochet

Yeh basically if there is a Partial Lockout in AF/RDT then we have one here