Round 23 final scores.

Started by MinistryOfFootball, September 01, 2013, 07:37:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

MinistryOfFootball

2434, Barlow, Enright, Hanley and Watson worst scorers.

HBTD22

2412 with Libba as captain (traded him in for Barlow). Real roughy that paid off. Only let downs were Griff and Enright. Didn't have Tags, could've been ridiculous if I had him over Griff haha.

PowerBug

If anyone scored below 2161 they should never play DT again.

MinistryOfFootball

Quote from: HBTD22 on September 01, 2013, 07:45:26 PM
2412 with Libba as captain (traded him in for Barlow). Real roughy that paid off. Only let downs were Griff and Enright. Didn't have Tags, could've been ridiculous if I had him over Griff haha.
Wow what a good move! I went Stanton > Watson :(

georgekera11

m_zulian

essendon2

2400 ::)

Montags --> Libba cost me 41

Staker --> O'Brien didnt gain me anything (cost me 55 as Stanley beat Shaw by that)

pommyadam

Quote from: PowerBug on September 01, 2013, 07:46:21 PM

why is that? there were some real shockers out there (Barlow, Beams, Watson, SJ, Hanley)

2187 for me, with Jelwood as C
11 tons, but 5 scores under 60

henry

Some absolutely great scores (montagna, hibberd, rocky, cox, ablett, pendles) but some shockers aswell: Duffield, Enright (who I traded in this week  ::)), JJK (damn you mayne for being a late withdrawal) and beams.

Flame

2317- mixed bag! Loved you Montags!! Should've made Ablett Skipper!!

PowerBug

Quote from: pommyadam on September 01, 2013, 08:03:01 PM
Quote from: PowerBug on September 01, 2013, 07:46:21 PM

why is that? there were some real shockers out there (Barlow, Beams, Watson, SJ, Hanley)

2187 for me, with Jelwood as C
11 tons, but 5 scores under 60
Because I had Justin Koschitzke as Captain and Tom Lonergan on my field.

nrich102

Jukes

2320- Swan captain, Barlow, Griffen, Watson, Kruze, Hanley all disappointing. Why didn't I go with my gut and captain NRoo :/

Possumo

Quote from: MinistryOfFootball on September 01, 2013, 07:51:30 PM

Definitely a good move! Going for the highest average player in Monty obviously worked out to be the best move, but the logic was definitely pointing towards Libba, and captaining him was actually a pretty solid choice that obviously worked out nicely!

As for me, finished the season on a whimper with 2240  :'( This for a team that is currently 231st overall (soon to drop to at least the high 200's I'm sure!), and has now had two very poor weeks in a row and managed to lose all of his league finals  :P

The lowlights for me were the Scotland late out forcing me to cop Staker's score (stupidly traded Gibbs out for Stanley instead of Scotland, because unfortunately I was too busy last week to check the boards on here and hear all the rumors of him being a possible late out. Another side note is that if I had of brought in Stanley last week instead of Bob Murphy would have probably seen me win this week too!), which was really my own fault for not securing a quality 7th defender, when I've got two premiums in the forwards on the bench, and a premium and Crouch in the mid's! Griffen and Beams were also massive disappointments obviously, along with Barlow (but everyone has him), and my Fyfe to Watson trade was a massive kick in the guts, especially with Crouch's score on the bench, and the other good options in Libba, Boyd and Monty all smashing it.

On the positive side (this is turning into a novel!), my Goldy to Minson trade 4 weeks ago has worked out really well, JJK to Lewis 3 weeks ago likewise (but crucially, not last week!), Riewoldt smashed it again (should really have had him from earlier on, but brought him in Rd. 17), and Bob Murphy repaid me somewhat for last weeks effort.

Overall though, stoked to have done so well this year, especially considering how poorly I've done in the last few years (I've been lucky to make the top 5000!), and I'm definitely a big fan of the new trade system. The one thing we really need though is the SC partial lockout system. Sure it definitely favours the footy nerds like us who spend far too much time on this boards and thinking about our DT trades as well as following the scores over the weekend, but it will at least give us a chance to deal with the carnage when it happens, such as in the last few rounds (when you should be following your team and the outs closely, as it's DT finals!).

Cheers for all the great advice I've received on here this year, and I'm looking forward to all of the speculation that we'll be posting about over the off season  8)

MinistryOfFootball

Quote from: Possumo on September 01, 2013, 08:32:42 PM
Quote from: MinistryOfFootball on September 01, 2013, 07:51:30 PM

Definitely a good move! Going for the highest average player in Monty obviously worked out to be the best move, but the logic was definitely pointing towards Libba, and captaining him was actually a pretty solid choice that obviously worked out nicely!

As for me, finished the season on a whimper with 2240  :'( This for a team that is currently 231st overall (soon to drop to at least the high 200's I'm sure!), and has now had two very poor weeks in a row and managed to lose all of his league finals  :P

The lowlights for me were the Scotland late out forcing me to cop Staker's score (stupidly traded Gibbs out for Stanley instead of Scotland, because unfortunately I was too busy last week to check the boards on here and hear all the rumors of him being a possible late out. Another side note is that if I had of brought in Stanley last week instead of Bob Murphy would have probably seen me win this week too!), which was really my own fault for not securing a quality 7th defender, when I've got two premiums in the forwards on the bench, and a premium and Crouch in the mid's! Griffen and Beams were also massive disappointments obviously, along with Barlow (but everyone has him), and my Fyfe to Watson trade was a massive kick in the guts, especially with Crouch's score on the bench, and the other good options in Libba, Boyd and Monty all smashing it.

On the positive side (this is turning into a novel!), my Goldy to Minson trade 4 weeks ago has worked out really well, JJK to Lewis 3 weeks ago likewise (but crucially, not last week!), Riewoldt smashed it again (should really have had him from earlier on, but brought him in Rd. 17), and Bob Murphy repaid me somewhat for last weeks effort.

Overall though, stoked to have done so well this year, especially considering how poorly I've done in the last few years (I've been lucky to make the top 5000!), and I'm definitely a big fan of the new trade system. The one thing we really need though is the SC partial lockout system. Sure it definitely favours the footy nerds like us who spend far too much time on this boards and thinking about our DT trades as well as following the scores over the weekend, but it will at least give us a chance to deal with the carnage when it happens, such as in the last few rounds (when you should be following your team and the outs closely, as it's DT finals!).

Cheers for all the great advice I've received on here this year, and I'm looking forward to all of the speculation that we'll be posting about over the off season  8)
Very unlucky! Well done in finishing in the top 500! Good effort.

I'm sure we will all still post on here thought pre season, so we won't be out of action for too long!
Great support though everyone, good to see everyone helps each other out even though we are competing against each other! ;) bring on 2014!