U/24's World Squad Draft.

Started by Cookie Monster, December 19, 2011, 02:17:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jukes

I have my reasons for putting him at LB. Gives the team more flexibility, player and formation wise.

And this way I'm playing my strongest XI players.

Master Q

Well if this was a test that loses marks  :P

CrowsFan

Just made a thread for the voting so vote away :)

Cookie Monster

Q Bale is very versatile, he can play his best anywhere on the left, he played Left Back a lot of last season, part of the reason why they were so good on the Champions League.

CrowsFan

Bale performs about 10 times better playing on the wing than down back.
Everyone knows he isn't a defender. Play him as a winger and he is easily one of the best wingers under 24, but play him as a LB and there are a fair few better players under 24

Master Q

Quote from: CrowsFan on January 31, 2012, 04:12:14 PM
Bale performs about 10 times better playing on the wing than down back.
Everyone knows he isn't a defender. Play him as a winger and he is easily one of the best wingers under 24, but play him as a LB and there are a fair few better players under 24
Yep ^

He's one of the best wingers in the world ATM, I don't see much point in playing someone like Carrol up front over him  :P

Jukes

Quote from: Master Q on January 31, 2012, 04:15:16 PM
He's one of the best wingers in the world ATM, I don't see much point in playing someone like Carrol up front over him  :P

Carroll cost the scousers 35mil! Form is temporary class is permanent, and as soon as Daglish plays him right or he leaves Liverpool he'll return to his Newcastle-era best.

CrowsFan

Quote from: Jukes on January 31, 2012, 05:38:04 PM

Carroll cost the scousers 35mil! Form is temporary class is permanent, and as soon as Daglish plays him right or he leaves Liverpool he'll return to his Newcastle-era best.
United payed 8mil for Bebe. Price tags mean nothing it is how they play. Newcastle cashed in on a one dimensional striker who had played half a season of good football in his career.

Master Q

I'm a Liverpool fan and I agree with CF.

This draft is also about current performances, so, it doesn't matter how he performed at Newcastle.

Jukes

Quote from: CrowsFan on January 31, 2012, 05:47:50 PM

United payed 8mil for Bebe. Price tags mean nothing it is how they play. Newcastle cashed in on a one dimensional striker who had played half a season of good football in his career.

Who said Bebe was bad? Remember our last two Portuguese signings...Ronaldo and Nani...

CrowsFan

Quote from: Jukes on January 31, 2012, 07:13:52 PM
Quote from: CrowsFan on January 31, 2012, 05:47:50 PM

Who said Bebe was bad? Remember our last two Portuguese signings...Ronaldo and Nani...
I would like to be proven wrong, but from what I saw from him last year he was pretty rubbish. No game awareness or positional sense. All he had was raw speed. If he turns in to a good player then I would be very happy, but I very much doubt it would happen

Luigi197

Just as we doubt Carroll, he scores!

i still think he is not very good...

;D