Australian Championship 808

Started by HillHero13, April 14, 2011, 12:43:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

CrowsFan

Getting Chamberlain (:P), Carroll, Griezmann, Carraro, Smalling and Thiago Alcantara for now...

Justin Bieber

I WANTED SMALLING :'(. But getting Fabio so can't do two at once. I'll get back at you soon :P.

I like Griezmann, but not this early for me :(.

CrowsFan

Oh sorry didn't notice. Thinking about buying 21 players rated 70 then sell all my others and bring in Messi haha

Justin Bieber

Nah, it's fine CF. Just means I'll bring in a guy rated 91 instead of Smalling :P. That's if I can't find a replacement.

HAHA!!! I wonder if that team would dominate on the back of Messi? :P.

I'll probably buy more 70 rated players later on. Have got about 6 or 7 right now in bids.

CrowsFan

It would be an interesting experiment. Place Messi in the middle of the park and label him the playmaker and see what happens haha

Luigi197

I have enough money to buy 2 players :o !!!!

Luigi197

Quote from: Hellopplz on April 14, 2011, 07:51:00 PM
Make sure they aren't worth more trading ;).

I've got a player valued at 500k but worth 1.5 Mil when it comes to trading. I'll get more value if I trade him instead ;). Make sure it's the same for your players ;).

Should get some good players with the value of most of your players :P.

How do you find out how much they are worth trading?

Under SQUAD you have their VALUE. How do you find out how much they're worth when trading?

Justin Bieber

Quote from: CrowsFan on April 14, 2011, 08:17:45 PM
It would be an interesting experiment. Place Messi in the middle of the park and label him the playmaker and see what happens haha
Bahaha. Make him Playmaker and Target Man :P. Not to mention the free kick taker, corner taker and penalty taker ;D.

Quote from: Luigi197 on April 14, 2011, 08:56:55 PM
How do you find out how much they are worth trading?

Under SQUAD you have their VALUE. How do you find out how much they're worth when trading?
The player you are after (or team works well as well if the player is Transfer banned), just offer a trade with the players you are willing to give up to see their worth in the trade. Trading players instead of straight cash means the minimum value is risen but if you play it right, could actually save you much needed cash. Just offer players but don't bid with those players to see their trade value to a particular club.

I did this when I was planning to buy Pique in the other game. Only had 4 Mil cash and offered Toulalan and Cahill but fell short for a similar priced player to him when he was Transfer banned. Worked out if I sold a player, could make the minimum value of 7 Mil needed with the players instead of 33 Mil needed :o. It's handy to see if you get more if you sell them or if they are traded as it WILL change over time.

MajorLazer

I'm buying young again, but buying different players. Let's see how it works out this time.

Justin Bieber

Quote from: CrowsFan on April 14, 2011, 07:54:01 PM
Ah good thinking HP :)
Although when you exchange a player the price you need to pay goes up so make sure you work out the benefits of both first ;)
My idea gave you enough to get Smalling :(. Ah well, gotta look elsewhere now.....

Luigi197

Hey HP, but when you offer to trade for players, isnt that your own Chairman's value and not their real value?

Justin Bieber

Quote from: Luigi197 on April 15, 2011, 11:33:41 AM
Hey HP, but when you offer to trade for players, isnt that your own Chairman's value and not their real value?
No. The top value is how much the OTHER chairman values those players. At the bottom of that is what your chairman values the players at.

This early, most of my players are worth more in trades than they are selling.

Luigi197

Ok i c.

I have already bidded for two players but with straight out money and they will be coming my way.
That will leave me like 1Mil, but i will have over 21 players so i can do swaps of players.

PS: Can you make money from Friendlies if u r home?

CrowsFan

Justin Bieber

And you must have 21 players in your squad at all times.

So if you are planning on trading them, buy a few 10k players.