Main Menu

World Cup

Started by Holz, July 16, 2013, 02:34:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ricochet

Quote from: Ziplock on July 19, 2013, 04:50:55 PM
he's team is pretty old though, especially his forward line which will be destroyed in 2 years tops  :P
And then in come the Bashers  ;)

roo boys!

Serbia Trade: Rookie 29 + Rookie 43
Norway Trade: Drew Petrie

I bloody hope Rookie picks are worth a lot more than they are in Worlds...know McLean was available as you said but would be interesting to see who was taken at picks 29 and 43. Quite the trade

Holz

Quote from: roo boys! on July 19, 2013, 05:02:37 PM

I bloody hope Rookie picks are worth a lot more than they are in Worlds...know McLean was available as you said but would be interesting to see who was taken at picks 29 and 43. Quite the trade

rookie picks are very valuable in the euro, we only have 14 teams and small lists so there are heaps of good players avilable.

also petrie is a SC player he isnt that good at DT.

check out some of the picks

8. JBs - Shaun Atley
23. Nails - Brent Staker
24. Pickers - Arryn Siposs , i traded him for clancee pearce.
34. Hawka - Brett Goodes
43. Scrads - Majak Daw
47. Spinking - Kane Lucas
65. Holz - Robbie Tarrant
71. Holz - Charlie Dixon
79. Holz - Richard Douglas

I think everyone would agree that picking up the 11th highest scoring player at that pick would probably be the greatest pick in XVs history. I was looking through the list of unpicked playersand just wanted a guy to sit on my bench thought I was a genious thinking he might go up to 80 given he was a best and fairest winner.

roo boys!

I would know, Richard Douglas spent a small amount of time at the Wolves before I though "Nah, Clint Young will do the job...."

kilbluff1985

i got Matt Jones with pick 63 out of 70 or something in the BXV Draft i would have picked him much earlier but that was my teams first pick in the draft i think lol

nobody knew much about him then but i did thought that was a bargain

not sure why i posted that must be bored

Justin Bieber

Quote from: Holzman on July 19, 2013, 04:18:08 PM
Quote from: Colliwobblers on July 19, 2013, 03:53:28 PM
ok ill give you the others but almost anyone would have known cloke barlow and goldy would return to genuine premium status ;)

haha lez didnt. However this was before Hmac was traded.

Yeah I traded him... But that was with Hmac dominating and Goldy didn't get a game at the time of the deal was made.

Colliwobblers

forgot Euro was DT, changes my comments a little, in regards to cloke and goldy, both far better SC options at their positions.

I must admit i would have given goldy up cheap for DT too, and i would have been wrong but who knew.....

hard to work out what a ruck is worth in DT with the changes so many are worthless, think tom nichols is better than 80% of the premiums so far.....

Ziplock

Quote from: roo boys! on July 19, 2013, 05:02:37 PM

there were still some pretty decent players left (mostly youth with potential) - euros rookie is quality ;) I think those picks bounced around a bit more, but 29 ended up being hampson and 43 daw.

Ricochet

Quote from: Colliwobblers on July 19, 2013, 06:40:07 PM
forgot Euro was DT, changes my comments a little, in regards to cloke and goldy, both far better SC options at their positions.

I must admit i would have given goldy up cheap for DT too, and i would have been wrong but who knew.....

hard to work out what a ruck is worth in DT with the changes so many are worthless, think tom nichols is better than 80% of the premiums so far.....
Yeh ruckmen in DT based comps aren't worth that much. Atm there are 9 players averaging between 80 and 92. Annnd Nic Nat, Bellchambers, McEvov, Maric, Griffin, Giles, Mummy and Sandi are all averaging less than 80.

My Chumps

Just my luck to get the Eagles first round!  :-\

Toga

Quote from: My Chumps on July 19, 2013, 08:07:26 PM

At least the THUNDER isn't around to cause troubles for your lot! ;D

Nails

Armadillos look similar to Eagles when fully fit. So do the Suns.

My Chumps

Quote from: Toga on July 19, 2013, 08:15:35 PM
Quote from: My Chumps on July 19, 2013, 08:07:26 PM

At least the THUNDER isn't around to cause troubles for your lot! ;D
Hahaha, was that the greatest moment in franchise history? :P

And in that draft, DAYUM. Getting Dixon at pick 71...

Toga

Haha you know it Chumpy! :P

CrowsFan

Quote from: Nails on July 19, 2013, 08:20:30 PM
Armadillos look similar to Eagles when fully fit. So do the Suns.
No mention of the Pumas?