Round 10 Trades

Started by Rusty00, August 02, 2020, 11:12:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mat0369

I am grabbing Stewart, the only question is how do I get him in.

oh_lol

Quote from: Mat0369 on August 03, 2020, 07:03:41 PM
I am grabbing Stewart, the only question is how do I get him in.

Same. I'm going to have to trade a rookie before he maxes out in value, but need to do it IMO.

Mat0369

I have Egg so he makes the most sense when I look at his 70ish BE. I'm about 1k short of turning Starcevich and Egg into Draper and Stewart. I might go a week early on Watson even though he has the bye and turn Brander into him.

Fid

I might just use my last of three trades for Xerri to Draper if there is a doubt on Gawn and keep Cameron for cover in the forwards

enzedder

Starc, Hamill and Aarts out for Stewart, Watson and Skinner.
Gets a poor sccoring rookie off my field in defence and Stewart on the cheap.
The rookies could all make a little more coin but that is cancelled by getting Stewart on the cheap who will make coin from now.
Watson has already had one increase but at 155k he isn't too badly priced. The bye this week isn't ideal either but there is no other rookie that appeals more to have than him.
Skinner is named and fingers crossed stays in the team for a bit yet for cashcow purposes, but at F8 something would need to go wrong for me to need him on the field and if he is dropped I may be able to loophole him depending on the draw.

Goosey

Quote from: enzedder on August 03, 2020, 08:03:41 PM
Starc, Hamill and Aarts out for Stewart, Watson and Skinner.
Gets a poor sccoring rookie off my field in defence and Stewart on the cheap.
The rookies could all make a little more coin but that is cancelled by getting Stewart on the cheap who will make coin from now.
Watson has already had one increase but at 155k he isn't too badly priced. The bye this week isn't ideal either but there is no other rookie that appeals more to have than him.
Skinner is named and fingers crossed stays in the team for a bit yet for cashcow purposes, but at F8 something would need to go wrong for me to need him on the field and if he is dropped I may be able to loophole him depending on the draw.
I can't help but hear Superintendent Chalmers castigating Principal Skinner...

tkringle

In two minds about who to trade out for Stewart. Trades are:

- Taylor to Duncan (via whitfield DPP)
- Rankine to Draper (via Xerri DPP)
- Starcevich/Hamill to Stewart

Whoever i keep will be my D7 for the short term at least. Do i keep Starc for the JS and consistent 40-60 scores and trade Hamill? Or Trade Starc given Hamill has $$ to make still and possibly cope a score of 13 or 18 again..

Hopefully Hamill is dropped, which will make the decision easier. At least we will find that out tonight.

crowls

Taylor/Starc > Stewart/Skinner done
3rd trade?
One of Rankine/Bud to Draper via Xerri if Draper named.

Following week  will be Bud/Rankine option to Cripps
If desperate I can look at cashing out Noble to do another mid upgrade as well.     
Would not be upset if Gawn needed a couple of weeks off.    Even better if he plays this week and goes off in Q1.   
Anybody know if Sturt is near to playing again?

Fid

Quote from: crowls on August 04, 2020, 12:11:24 PM
3rd trade?

Would not be upset if Gawn needed a couple of weeks off.    Even better if he plays this week and goes off in Q1.   

The problem with that is that Essendon plays the last game of the round and you would know if he's named.

Thewizz71

Thoughts on: McInnerney/Buderick/Bennell -> Stewart/Duncan/Skinner.
Only leaves $14K in the kitty and 1 upgrade in the backs, mids and forwards to go and only 12 trades (surely they give us more again  :P).

barlowlove

Quote from: Fid on August 04, 2020, 02:55:29 PM
3rd trade?

The problem with that is that Essendon plays the last game of the round and you would know if he's named.

We will know before the Gold Coast game whether Draper is named or not. It just depends whether you would otherwise use the 3rd trade somewhere else.

Wanderer

Quote from: barlowlove on August 04, 2020, 03:46:21 PM
3rd trade?

We will know before the Gold Coast game whether Draper is named or not. It just depends whether you would otherwise use the 3rd trade somewhere else.

For those who need to move Darcy Cameron into Fwds to get Draper into R3, you have to do it without seeing if Draper is named.

Samsturmfels

Quote from: Wanderer on August 04, 2020, 03:48:48 PM
3rd trade?

For those who need to move Darcy Cameron into Fwds to get Draper into R3, you have to do it without seeing if Draper is named.
He's almost certain to be playing this week. The only reason he wouldn't be is if he is injured. Belly was named on the bench last week and only got 3 touches and 13 hitouts while Draper got 9 touches and 21 hitouts. Draper is their future star ruckman so i'd hope they'd continue to play him above Belly to get games into him.

crowls

Quote from: Samsturmfels on August 04, 2020, 04:13:27 PM
3rd trade?

He's almost certain to be playing this week. The only reason he wouldn't be is if he is injured. Belly was named on the bench last week and only got 3 touches and 13 hitouts while Draper got 9 touches and 21 hitouts. Draper is their future star ruckman so i'd hope they'd continue to play him above Belly to get games into him.
Makes sense Sam, but what makes sense to sc  coaches often is not applied in the real coaches box unfortunately.   If need be I think I punt on Draper regardless.    Its him or Bell.    Had a chat to my brother in law and nephew over lunch we are all bomber supporters.   We think bombers need to get games into Draper for his development and to ensure they are providing him direction in terms of game time and transition.  Otherwise he may scarper elsewhere in the off season.

Wanderer

Quote from: crowls on August 04, 2020, 04:49:35 PM
Quote from: Samsturmfels on August 04, 2020, 04:13:27 PM
3rd trade?

Makes sense Sam, but what makes sense to sc  coaches often is not applied in the real coaches box unfortunately.   If need be I think I punt on Draper regardless.    Its him or Bell.    Had a chat to my brother in law and nephew over lunch we are all bomber supporters.   We think bombers need to get games into Draper for his development and to ensure they are providing him direction in terms of game time and transition.  Otherwise he may scarper elsewhere in the off season.
Makes sense. The good thing is that we have best of 18 over these next two rounds, so even if he doesn't play this week, you should have enough cover for him, but there is a very high probability he plays at least a handful of games this year and makes some money for us. Well that's how I am convincing myself to get him :P