Steven Smith in India squad?

Started by ossie85, January 31, 2013, 05:24:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

PowerBug

Smith, Lyon in for Maxwell, Doherty. PLEASE LEAVE THE REST OF THE TEAM THE SAME AUSTRALIA! Phil hughes is having a bad run, ok, fair enough but dropping him would be even worse. If Ricky can go months without scoring and still get a place then Hughes deserves to go more than 2 tests. He's only gonna get better at spin bowling by playing spin bowling, and it doesn' get much tougher than Indian spinners in India.

Jay

PB... Did you just say bring Smith in? :o

Lyon in for Doherty for sure. I agree with you about sticking with Hughes, but the difference is that Ricky is a great of all time so obviously gets more leniency than a youngster.

Where are Steven O'Keefe and Dave Hussey? Get them to India >:(

PowerBug

Quote from: Jayman on March 09, 2013, 10:54:15 AM

Lyon in for Doherty for sure. I agree with you about sticking with Hughes, but the difference is that Ricky is a great of all time so obviously gets more leniency than a youngster.
Ricky got nearly 2 years didn't he? Surely Phil Hughes can be given 2 months? ;) And yes, i said bring Steve Smith back in, and bowl him in tandem with Lyon. If it doesn't work, then nothing's lost since the Aussies were gonna lose anyway, if it does.... confidence booster for everyone.

Warner, Cowan, Hughes, Watson, Clarke, Wade, Smith, Pattinson, Siddle, Starc, Lyon. Khawaja waiting as per usual.

nrich102

Quote from: SilkySkills on March 09, 2013, 11:24:01 AM

Ricky got nearly 2 years didn't he? Surely Phil Hughes can be given 2 months? ;) And yes, i said bring Steve Smith back in, and bowl him in tandem with Lyon. If it doesn't work, then nothing's lost since the Aussies were gonna lose anyway, if it does.... confidence booster for everyone.

Warner, Cowan, Hughes, Watson, Clarke, Wade, Smith, Pattinson, Siddle, Starc, Lyon. Khawaja waiting as per usual.
Watson should open

PowerBug

Quote from: nrich102 on March 09, 2013, 11:32:11 AM
Quote from: SilkySkills on March 09, 2013, 11:24:01 AM

Watson should open
I'd take Warner, Watson, Hughes, Khawaja aswell.

TheAnt

I'd love to see a couple of Ferguson, Khawaja, Agar, Burns already.

ossie85

Smith just about a sure thing for the 3rd test now I reckon...

What

Cowan
Warner
Hughes
Clarke
Smith
Wade/Haddin
Henriques
Starc
Siddle
Lyon
Doherty
12th - Maxwell?

Seems weak to me!

Though I guess if Wade is fit, Haddin could play as a batsmen

PowerBug

I would play Smith ahead of Doherty.

ossie85

PowerBug

Quote from: ossie85 on March 12, 2013, 09:44:48 AM
Quote from: SilkySkills on March 12, 2013, 09:42:49 AM
I would play Smith ahead of Doherty.

I have them both in the team.
I noticed, I should've quoted your bottom comment. If Wade and Haddin both play, then i'd drop Doherty, so keeping Smith in the XI.

BB67th

If Wade and Haddin both play, who keeps? I would think Haddin is the better gloveman. And I really hope Smith doesn't play, he is the worst player to ever get a baggy green.

henry

Liked Warner's effort, "Just hit the f*cking thing Ed!" :P

ossie85

Quote from: BB67th on March 12, 2013, 05:37:13 PM
If Wade and Haddin both play, who keeps? I would think Haddin is the better gloveman. And I really hope Smith doesn't play, he is the worst player to ever get a baggy green.

If Wade's not keeping, he shouldn't be batting IMO

Capper

Smith is ok, cmon. Haddin might get the gloves so Wade could bowl again

PowerBug

Quote from: tabs on March 12, 2013, 07:15:31 PM
Smith is ok, cmon. Haddin might get the gloves so Wade could bowl again
Not the worst idea i've heard.